Damage Calculator Project - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Damage Calculator Project

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 June 2023 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys, I've started a project on translating the commonly used damage calculator from twRO to English

Link to Calculator

Backup Link

image.png

The project was originally developed and maintained by twRO player, Landgris. This is certainly one of the more elaborate and accurate calculator that exist. 

Some of the best feature to point out is that you are able to save your character, equip configurations and download it into a text file and share it with others.

Personally I've done many tests with others and found out that several items are faulty.

Item descriptions from WarpPortal are hardly ever clear or even accurate, with this tool you will be able to easily plug in and test what the actual effects are

Character Status

Spoiler

Target

Spoiler

Consumables

Spoiler

Skills

Spoiler

Class Buffs

Spoiler

Equip

Spoiler

M/ATK Damage Calculation

Spoiler

Other Stats

Spoiler

Casting & Delay

Spoiler

Save / Load Feature

Spoiler

Come hang out with us on iRO Wiki Discord, we have a dedicated channel for the calculator. Feel free to drop by with your questions, concerns and/or suggestions.

Edited by DrowsyCate, 01 July 2023 - 11:59 AM.

#2 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 June 2023 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the effort you're putting into this. ^_^

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10874 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 June 2023 - 01:26 PM

Good job Cato. Thanks ~

Edited by ChakriGuard, 30 June 2023 - 01:29 PM.

#4 GrimFlayer

GrimFlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 08:09 PM

Thank you!!

#5 Littlemanlovebuy

Littlemanlovebuy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@JakeLoveBuy

Posted 11 July 2023 - 03:11 PM

Thank you.

#6 VinLove

VinLove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2023 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for translating this calculator.

The best one for iRO ever.

Hope CM/VM will pin this useful thread on top to let more people see it  :lol:

#7 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 331 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 25 July 2023 - 10:34 PM

Thank you for translating this calculator.

The best one for iRO ever.

Hope CM/VM will pin this useful thread on top to let more people see it  :lol:

That is a good point VinLove! Needed to move this topic though since Community Chat isn't a good place to pin a topic like this.

Great calc though DrowsyCate, so thank you for the translation and making this work for IRO!

#8 yixunxun

yixunxun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 08:46 PM

oh this is nice

as far as i know,some skill update we might not have,like Cannon Spear calculator is different from us

#9 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 29 July 2023 - 06:25 AM

I have added our version of skills in for those, namely Arm Cannon, Vulcan Arm, Knuckle Boost, Cannon Spear, Vanishing Point, Overbrand, Genesis Ray.

If there are other skills that are different then they weren't in the calculator to begin with and I'll have to look into adding it

#10 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 27 August 2023 - 02:54 PM

Just a minor update, the original dev apparently came back from hiatus and is making updates every now and then.

The changes made on the twRO end have been merged to our calculator too, I'm making minor changes here and there but I'm spending most of my time on updating wiki as most of the 4th job related stats/skills are already there for calc.

Going forward once 4th job has been implemented we should be able to test the multiplier on other skills and I'd love to collect some HP/SP values from lv200 and on.

#11 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 07 September 2023 - 02:32 PM

Since we got the first version of skills... none of the skill numbers will match up....

Thanks wp.

This is gonna take a long time to figure out

#12 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 06 November 2023 - 05:58 AM

Latest update, added a few relevant skills into calc, namely mystery illusion, soul vulcan strike, earth drive (shield shooting) and axe tornado (axe stomp)

Most others aren't really being used so I don't think I'll need to test those.

A little note from testing some 4th job skill is that the stat influence is generally the same as rebalanced version and the rebalance patch is just updating base and per skill level multipliers.

Several other things were updated such as equip refine values and tokens to reference those values.

Equip list has been updated to include these features

#13 Pepyakalol

Pepyakalol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 February 2024 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for calculator! I have some questions:

1) How can i change formula on skills like Crescive Bolt or Frenzy Shot, with attribute inflicts half of the total of your Critical Damage Bonus options as damage ?

2) In many created items, Ring of Silver claw for example, which has ATK+10%, set Class +10%. But doesn't that for damage to normals, bosses class monsters?

#14 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 20 February 2024 - 07:39 AM

Thanks for calculator! I have some questions:

1) How can i change formula on skills like Crescive Bolt or Frenzy Shot, with attribute inflicts half of the total of your Critical Damage Bonus options as damage ?

2) In many created items, Ring of Silver claw for example, which has ATK+10%, set Class +10%. But doesn't that for damage to normals, bosses class monsters?

1. The skills already have "Apply Critical Damage" enabled, all skills that apply critical damage uses only half of the critical damage bonus you have so it should already be working. In the ATK Damage Calculation section you should be able to see damage labeled as Skill Damage and Skill Damage(Crit)

2. In preset items, category of the modifiers are usually tested. Most of the time WP does a very poor job staying consistent with labeling these and this is part of the reason why this calc happened in the first place. You'll generally never know what the actual modifier is without checking against kRO/jRO/twRO description or actually testing (as plenty of the items are bugged)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users