Returning player questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2837150706175612260

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 03:46 AM

Hey all

I used to play RO way back in the day, we're talking before Transcendent classes were even a thing.

Anyway coming back to the game I decided to start over fresh on Thor since all my old characters are on Chaos and I lost the account and want to use my old character names. Made a wizard and been exploring the new world with all these changes. Long story short, the game is super fresh and exciting but I am very confused by the whole market and gearing now.

So far I've just been following the Eden quest line. Gear is pretty decent. I've been checking forums and guides for recommended items but it's all so confusing.

Items cost in the billions now? How in the world are you supposed to even get that much zeny?

Also these new loot boxes in the cash shop. Are these worth investing in or are they more directed towards late game gearing and I should ignore these for now? From what I understand you get a token and a random item from each box but like can you use these tokens to eventually get anything you want from the box? I am thinking similar to gacha game pity systems or is it just keep spending money until you can get the item you want?

Apologies for the rambling on, just lots to take in now. A bit overwhelming.

#2 clizie

clizie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Lasagna

Posted 27 July 2023 - 05:23 AM

if you are on thor we my friends are open on helping you there. just pub on eden headwuarters there but we can help you too on chaos, chaos has many people its better to start there. we start also there in chaos fresh the difference is i have friends that supports the farming so we gather supplies slowly but fun. try hanging out in juno in chaos there are lots of people online there

#3 bossmarvz

bossmarvz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2023 - 02:47 AM

Hi, also a returning player. Just returned today after 7 years. I'm from Thor server also :)

Would you know where I could ask around around about the game in general? And where do people in Thor server stay nowadays?

#4 parotonon

parotonon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 31 July 2023 - 11:15 AM

Hi, also a returning player. Just returned today after 7 years. I'm from Thor server also :)

Would you know where I could ask around around about the game in general? And where do people in Thor server stay nowadays?

Thor is almost dead. Better start fresh in Chaos.

#5 bossmarvz

bossmarvz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 12:29 AM

Thor is almost dead. Better start fresh in Chaos.

Yeah, it is. There were roughly 150 players online yesterday and most are just vending in Prontera/Eden HQ. But I'd probably stay in Thor and just look around since my characters from pRO are in that server.

#6 Elie4lyf

Elie4lyf

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 24 January 2024 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, it is. There were roughly 150 players online yesterday and most are just vending in Prontera/Eden HQ. But I'd probably stay in Thor and just look around since my characters from pRO are in that server.

im also in Thor, migrated from pRO. stopped playing right after changing job to Sorc back in 2010 then reopened only in 2015 to migrate the account to iRO.

i dont know what to do and very lost..

all i know is the old system of the old world 2003-2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users