Black Screen - when attempting to start the game/client - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Black Screen - when attempting to start the game/client

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:49 PM

When I launch the client, as soon as it touches the login portion it goes to a black screen. This happens on Direct X9 which never happened before. You can switch to Direct X7, and this happens on some of the resolutions, but not all. This was working perfectly before. Why suddenly the break? It happens on all the resolutions for Direct X9.

Video:

Ignore the Anti-Cheat. That is an annoyance of an issue itself. Worst thing to have happened to iRO IMO.

#2 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 339 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 April 2024 - 05:10 AM

This is just a guess but I would try to turn off the Nvidia overlay. If you updated your drivers recently it may have changed the default so it automatically opens when you launch any game, and in your video that overlay opening coincided with the screen going black. That timing makes me think it likely is the cause of your issue.

Give that a try but if it doesn't work then it would be a good idea to speak with GM team by writing a ticket at the support page to get more help with it as they see a lot more of these errors than any single person on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users