Game account hacking vulnerability[Warpportal ID theft] - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Game account hacking vulnerability[Warpportal ID theft]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fone1997

Fone1997

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2024 - 07:29 AM

I'll get straight to the point. 
In January, my email was hacked, and the hacker accessed my account and created a ticket to request an email change. I later found out that only a nickname, registration time, and country were needed to request an account change. however, I have checked this information, and some of it does not match the registration details, but the support team still changed the email. 

For example, the original email was: A1234@gmail.com, and the new email was: A1234@hotmail.com. As you know, my ID was hacked, and most of the items in my guild storage were stolen. I had to open a new ticket to recover my email, which took 7 days {while the hacker took only a few hours}. Around the same time, I opened a ticket to recover my items, until today, I have been seriously asking whether I will get my items back.

In the end, I was accused of RMT :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: {Why didn't you tell me since February? I do not deny that I did RMT to buy items, but part of the damage was caused by the support team not verifying the information, leading to this situation}.

NOTE:
:thumb2: I recommend you secure your account tightly. Even if the damage was caused by the support team's negligence, they will not take responsibility.
:ani_ag: What frustrates me is why I have to wait so long. If you don't intend to return my items, you should have told me earlier. I've had to waste my time constantly checking the progress of my ticket, and you've been tossing it around, treating my ticket like garbage. If you don't want to handle it, just say so directly, so I won't waste my time. To the worst support team I've ever encountered.
:dunno: I forgot to mention that someone else experienced a similar incident. I spoke with them, and they said they only got some of their items back. If you have a Warpportal ID and it went missing, please be aware that your account might have been stolen in the same way as mine.

#2 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 June 2024 - 04:44 PM

Good Luck.

Support teams are slow just so you know.

#3 Fone1997

Fone1997

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 02:24 AM

Good Luck.

<_< My [item recovery] ticket has been handled by three different GMs. I think if I don't seriously ask now, they'll probably leave my ticket unresolved until the game shuts down. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

:ph34r: As you know, if you have three pieces of information—nickname, registration time, and country—you can steal a Warpportal ID, regardless of how you obtained this information. If you are the owner of the ID, it can take up to 7 days to recover your account. You also need to send a copy of your government-issued ID with your name in English and your birthdate that matches the Warpportal ID through a fax for identity verification.

#4 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 03:25 AM

Honestly if I am GM i would leave you hanging too.

You are not the only one having issues. GM Team cant handle it.

#5 Fone1997

Fone1997

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 03:47 AM

If you leave it unresolved, it will just pile up and rot. It's simple: the GM just needs to speak honestly, and we won't have to waste time with such problems. If the GM acts as you mentioned, players with issues will experience delayed resolutions. This is something that should not happen if you're working in support. :D  :D  :D

#6 Fone1997

Fone1997

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:21 AM

I apologize if my words may have upset you, but my purpose in posting is to:

1. Point out the vulnerability in the email change service. There should be identity verification for security. :ph34r:
  2. Ensure the information provided is correct. In my case, the nickname was [incorrect], and the registration date was [only the year, without month or day]. :rolleyes:
  3. If the investigation cannot recover the items, this should be communicated more promptly. It's been 4-5 months now. If they were working seriously, a conclusion should have been reached within at least 7 or 15 days. :ani_swt3:

#7 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 02:31 AM

You have not upset me at all.

well again at the #2 Post

Good Luck.

People who usually got break in or hack are taking longer than usual.

Usually ends up the player start fresh new account and case never close.

#8 Kotty

Kotty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 02:44 PM

My English is limited but I will say something to comment on. (Google Tralstator)

Improving the security of our emails is our own priority, the good thing is that today there are two-step security measures and passwordless login.

After many losses and other acquaintances, they recommend occasionally taking screenshots of the things you have in case this type of case or situation happens. I even take a screenshot of every deal I make when I exchange items.

In the case of RMT it is complicated but basically they are telling you that they are not going to listen to you in the recovery of the items since they pointed you out from RMT.

In my case, they try to access my email accounts every day, so one always has to take more severe measures to avoid unwanted access.

I may be obsessive but I have a Smart Phone with several security measures to prevent theft, loss or even loss of bank details.

PIN on Whatsapp
PIN on my Sim Card
IMEI noted.
No password in emails
Two-step verification.
Change my email password every 3-4 months.

All days....

tZFnWG1.gif

#9 grandetbug

grandetbug

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 AM

very dangerous

#10 LongDream

LongDream

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Would be nice to have 2fa on the game itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users