Villa of Deception Boss - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Villa of Deception Boss

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2024 - 11:02 PM

Curious what other people think of Villa of Deception's boss fight, Twisted God Freya. I hate it, everyone I've spoken to about it hates it. Just want to create a space for others to voice any positive or negative opinions they have of it. I personally would like to see it nerfed, it feels like whoever made it this way expects players to have billions of zeny worth of gear in order to clear what is at minimum a lvl 170 instance. You need better gear than what either normal or advanced mode offers as reward. A basic principle in any MMO is that any dungeon or instance should be clearable with worse gear than what it drops, with the point of doing the dungeon being to improve your gear. 

Your thoughts?

#2 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9394 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 June 2024 - 11:55 PM

normal mode is fine IMO, hard mode is nerfed like 2x in the future from what i was told, and we get the first un-revised version.
Hard mode scary
Teleport out function is annoying especially how far it teleports away

#3 HickV

HickV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 12:17 AM

If you have a broken class such as Gx, EM or Biolo almost fully geared then you can pretty much kill Goddess Freyja in less than 1 minute.

If you have any other class fully geared then don't even bother trying, gears not good enough as WP focuses mostly on classes that are already broken as it gives them revenue.

#4 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 June 2024 - 02:12 AM

I would recommend stronger friends

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11026 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:10 AM

Normal Freya is solo-doable I think. Freya hard mode is also doable in a party and its best to kill her before she summons circles and its maybe a game over.

GX, Sorc, and Gen are generally good choices but the real MvP is RG. Though Freya is already handled by the trio, so its not RGs turn to handle Freya yet lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 June 2024 - 04:11 AM.

#6 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 07:59 AM

it is designed for party play.....maybe look for party

#7 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:25 PM

For the people assuming I haven't tried this with a party, I've tried this instance 3 times now on normal with at least 5 party members. For anyone basically suggesting "just get one of the 3 broken classes to solo it", you're missing the entire point about how the balance of the instance should be. That aside, we've brought a fully geared biolo and we still couldn't kill her before the instance timer expired, the fight always starts great, she gets pulled to the center and the damage being done to her is huge for a few seconds, then circles spawn and she oneshots half the group with a surprise earthquake and it all goes downhill from there. Party comp has always included a cardinal, either FS or hybrid. And we all understand the mechanics clearly. All the mechanics together in this fight makes it very frustrating and counterintuitive to have to deal with, I feel there's nothing fun about it, and just solo killing the boss in 30 seconds with an op class build doesn't sound fun either, honestly. She does one-shot damage to non-tank players who aren't even on screen, even when she's in the center of the room and we dedicate a player to each of the magic circle removers in the corners. It takes probably 15-20 seconds to interact with those things and remove a circle, so there's always at least that amount of time where one or two magic circles are in the room healing the boss and potentially teleporting people away. The most frustrating thing in my opinion is the fact that she frequently casts mass confuse so you lose control of your character's movement for about 10 seconds at a time, which almost guarantees that the person trying to keep her in the middle of the room is going to get teleported back to the beginning of the instance and all control of the boss is lost at that point until they get back into the fight and you know nobody else is surviving her attacks especially if they're stuck in place interacting with the circle removers. 
Again, anyone saying just have 30bil in Gx Biolo EM gear to solo kill the boss in less than 1 minute seems to be missing the entire point. I can't speak yet for advanced mode as I've yet to try it, but why would I even bother if normal mode is proving to be so overtuned? The questline version was soloable and not at all the same as the normal mode, and I don't mind needing a party for normal mode, I would like to try it with a full party of 12, its just hard to find enough people who were willing to do the boring ep18 quests and unlock it in the first place and get them all in the same place at the same time.

Edited by KojiKajael, 17 June 2024 - 04:42 PM.

#8 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:37 PM

If you have a broken class such as Gx, EM or Biolo almost fully geared then you can pretty much kill Goddess Freyja in less than 1 minute.

If you have any other class fully geared then don't even bother trying, gears not good enough as WP focuses mostly on classes that are already broken as it gives them revenue.

"Don't even bother trying" kinda describes how this boss feels in general. I still want to try but god, its so demoralizing.

#9 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:40 PM

People were complaining that instances were too easy with OCP and now that we have some instances that you need to party again if you not op even with OCP people complaining again XD

Edited by FBKFBKFBK, 17 June 2024 - 04:41 PM.

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9394 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:45 PM

Main annoyance i think is that fact that she takes reduced damage while away from the center, which forced you to keep her around there, but also summons the teleport circles there. Although her flee skill is a pain too when she runs away.
So usually try to keep her closer to the border range of the circle to move away from it when it gets closer if needed while keeping her near the center-ish to maintain damage.
If your problem is confusion then you gotta remember to bring your Royal Jelly or whatever to cure that.
She doesn't 1 shot people off screen, we bring alts along on every run, only takes like 10 seconds for me to kill her with my gear, but the alts have always avoided being hit by the EQ/meteor things
Gotta remember: to get killcount you need to see the killer, not the monster, so that will allow you more range away from it's skill cast for the rest of the party aside from your tank

#11 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 04:48 PM

People were complaining that instances were too easy with OCP and now that we have some instances that you need to party again if you not op even with OCP people complaining again XD

Haven't seen anyone complaining about needing to party? Though I agree with you about the OCP gear, most people I've spoken with who have full or near full best in slot gear have mentioned that everything is too easy to kill. I feel thats exactly what the advanced mode of this dungeon is or should be for, not the normal mode with a minimum entry level of 170.

#12 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 05:09 PM

Main annoyance i think is that fact that she takes reduced damage while away from the center, which forced you to keep her around there, but also summons the teleport circles there. Although her flee skill is a pain too when she runs away.
So usually try to keep her closer to the border range of the circle to move away from it when it gets closer if needed while keeping her near the center-ish to maintain damage.
If your problem is confusion then you gotta remember to bring your Royal Jelly or whatever to cure that.
She doesn't 1 shot people off screen, we bring alts along on every run, only takes like 10 seconds for me to kill her with my gear, but the alts have always avoided being hit by the EQ/meteor things
Gotta remember: to get killcount you need to see the killer, not the monster, so that will allow you more range away from it's skill cast for the rest of the party aside from your tank

Yeah I totally agree with you on the first couple of points there, I feel there should be a few seconds grace period after the magic circle spawns before it can do anything so there's a chance for players to respond to it spawning if they happen to be moving the direct center of the room for any reason. I'm usually tanking the boss as an inquisitor, if I have control of the boss, I stay diagonally at the edge of the chandelier's shadow, usually the SW or SE edge since the magic circles always travel cardinally north/south or east/west with a bit of side to side movement. And yes I also hate that she constantly runs away, makes it almost impossible to use combos on her and makes it difficult to keep aggro on her if someone happens to get closer to her then she is to me. My question to you is if you happen to be killing her in 10 seconds as a Gx, how do you survive the meteor storms and earthquakes as a melee class? Or do you just kill her before she even does anything? She has occasionally one shot people off screen in my attempts, usually one of the people in the corner removing magic circles, I've heard more than a few times people saying they just died instantly even though the boss wasn't on screen, couldn't see what killed them and it was always after an earthquake that I saw because I was the one holding her in place roughly half the room away. A lot of things happen when the boss lives more than ten seconds, unfortunately.

Edited by KojiKajael, 17 June 2024 - 05:11 PM.

#13 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9394 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 17 June 2024 - 05:55 PM

Yeah I totally agree with you on the first couple of points there, I feel there should be a few seconds grace period after the magic circle spawns before it can do anything so there's a chance for players to respond to it spawning if they happen to be moving the direct center of the room for any reason. I'm usually tanking the boss as an inquisitor, if I have control of the boss, I stay diagonally at the edge of the chandelier's shadow, usually the SW or SE edge since the magic circles always travel cardinally north/south or east/west with a bit of side to side movement. And yes I also hate that she constantly runs away, makes it almost impossible to use combos on her and makes it difficult to keep aggro on her if someone happens to get closer to her then she is to me. My question to you is if you happen to be killing her in 10 seconds as a Gx, how do you survive the meteor storms and earthquakes as a melee class? Or do you just kill her before she even does anything? She has occasionally one shot people off screen in my attempts, usually one of the people in the corner removing magic circles, I've heard more than a few times people saying they just died instantly even though the boss wasn't on screen, couldn't see what killed them and it was always after an earthquake that I saw because I was the one holding her in place roughly half the room away. A lot of things happen when the boss lives more than ten seconds, unfortunately.

Do you guys eat the food in the banquet room? We noticed one of the skills doesn't get a debuff icon and drains hp over time.
Turning off the circles also drains hp, IIRC the 1 debuff can do lethal damage and the other only brings you to 0 hp. So maybe that is the case potentially there.

I use my elemental masters to kill her, I actually haven't used my assassin in a while, despite my forums name, lol.

Of course there's the gtb option(non budget player) or land protector to protect from some of the magic. Haven't tested on the lazer beam magic and idr if it currently works for EQ or not. Also have had 1 member who went fire immune to dodge the fire storm stuff.

As for killing her under 10 seconds it varies what she does, sometimes she'll cast more spells than others, but it's always done before the circles. When the circles spawn it becomes more of a pain in the neck.

Also hard mode is more like nightmare mode and makes normal mode look like easy mode when compared. 4x the hp, 1/10 the damage received, more damage done, more regen and 4 circles instead of 2. Also takes 1 key per person to enter it, not just 1 for the party. Can't wait for the future nerfs to it :V

#14 KojiKajael

KojiKajael

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 08:02 PM

Do you guys eat the food in the banquet room? We noticed one of the skills doesn't get a debuff icon and drains hp over time.
Turning off the circles also drains hp, IIRC the 1 debuff can do lethal damage and the other only brings you to 0 hp. So maybe that is the case potentially there.

I use my elemental masters to kill her, I actually haven't used my assassin in a while, despite my forums name, lol.

Of course there's the gtb option(non budget player) or land protector to protect from some of the magic. Haven't tested on the lazer beam magic and idr if it currently works for EQ or not. Also have had 1 member who went fire immune to dodge the fire storm stuff.

As for killing her under 10 seconds it varies what she does, sometimes she'll cast more spells than others, but it's always done before the circles. When the circles spawn it becomes more of a pain in the neck.

Also hard mode is more like nightmare mode and makes normal mode look like easy mode when compared. 4x the hp, 1/10 the damage received, more damage done, more regen and 4 circles instead of 2. Also takes 1 key per person to enter it, not just 1 for the party. Can't wait for the future nerfs to it :V

We don't bother with the banquet room food. As far as we understand, it only reduces the number of reapers in the next room with the fountain and they don't even seem to do anything but stand in one place, I haven't even seen them do damage to anyone running through them.
We have an EM in my guild who's working on unlocking villa so that we can at least have Land Protector. Pretty sure earthquake is magic damage, the wiki at least says that NPC Earthquake is neutral magic damage so golden thief bug card would help if it was reasonable to get ahold of. The problem I'm seeing with Land Protector is that it only nullifies "ground targeting skills" which earthquake isn't but would definitely help against the meteors, also not sure about the lasers but the lasers have never really been an issue on their own yet anyway.
I really appreciate your input so far, forgot that royal jelly exists so I'll definitely be packing those on my next attempt.

#15 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9394 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 17 June 2024 - 08:29 PM

We don't bother with the banquet room food. As far as we understand, it only reduces the number of reapers in the next room with the fountain and they don't even seem to do anything but stand in one place, I haven't even seen them do damage to anyone running through them.
We have an EM in my guild who's working on unlocking villa so that we can at least have Land Protector. Pretty sure earthquake is magic damage, the wiki at least says that NPC Earthquake is neutral magic damage so golden thief bug card would help if it was reasonable to get ahold of. The problem I'm seeing with Land Protector is that it only nullifies "ground targeting skills" which earthquake isn't but would definitely help against the meteors, also not sure about the lasers but the lasers have never really been an issue on their own yet anyway.
I really appreciate your input so far, forgot that royal jelly exists so I'll definitely be packing those on my next attempt.

Yeah, don't really need to do the food in normal mode, the reapers are spread out and there's less of them. They apply a debuff that does like 30% hp per second but you gotta stand next to them for a bit to get it.

Yeah, iirc EQ didn't get blocked by land protector but wiki says "It appears that as of the 200/70 update, ME is blocking Earthquake"
haven't really interacted with it myself to confirm though. But hopefully for your sake it does, lol.
And yeah, I brought green pots the first time I went in only to derp when it didn't cure confuse so grabbed my royal jellies instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users