Please include this in the next skill rebalance - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please include this in the next skill rebalance

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2024 - 01:02 AM

May we request to include these changes in the upcoming skill rebalance (that's probably intended only for 4th class skills)?

If VM want to start a new article that's specifically address this, then I'd be happy to remove this and place it there.

1. Earth Drive - remove forced-earth element (bring back to neutral/follow weapon element).

It's been ages since we are moving from fancy elements for physical skills to make them neutral/follow weapon element, why are we moving backwards for Earth Drive? It is not even an OP skill (nowhere near Ignition Break, which now is a neutral element instead of forced-fire). Some weapon element-skill interactions have also been removed following this trend (e.g. Mechanic's Axe Tornado, Sura's Lightning Ride).

Revert back Earth Drive to neutral!

2. Adoramus - please remove blue gemstone requirement

I know there are multiple ways/items to address this, but let's be fair. Almost all 3rd class non-ammo offensive skills now require no catalyst (e.g. Comet, which deals more damage, has no longer required gem). Please do justice for Arch Bishop. This open up for other equipment possibilities that we would like to explore.

3. Severe Rainstorm - please reduce arrow requirement; change skill element following ammo (arrow) element

- Consuming 10 arrows per skill is just a bit too much. It feels like 1000 or even 5000 arrows are just consumed too quickly. Please cap it (or all ammunition-consuming skills to be fair) to 5 arrows/skill. If you are kind to reduce it to 3, then it would be gladly appreciated. But please at least reduce it to a maximum of 5 arrows!

- I'm not sure if it's bug or "intended", but since SR use ammunition (arrow), please streamline this and make it follow the arrow element. I think this is the generic rule (and advantage) for ammunition-based skills.

4. Doram/summoner - extend the duration of their supporting skills

Some of us don't even bother to use those because many of their buffs just expire too quickly (12s, 5s, and even 3s, like wtf). Please extend these doram/summoner supporting skills (from plant/animal/sea skill-tree) to 60s (or at the very very least 30s).

When Spirit Handler (the "4th" class job) comes, please also consider extending the duration of their ultimate supporting skill, "Blessing of Mystical Creatures". 10s duration buff for an ultimate (AP-depleting skill) is just ridiculous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(additional, not necessarily "justice-based", but would be cool to have)

5. High Heal - please reduce cooldown to 1s

Or alternatively, please make Shoes of Judex remove all the cooldown (3s).

6. Tetra Vortex - can we keep the balls after releasing Tetra; and lower cooldown

It would be very cool if we can play Tetra Vortex (considering we also have OCP armor for this), but summoning 4 balls each time before casting Tetra is just impractical. It would be very cool if you guys can tweak it so that using Tetra Vortex would still keep the summoned elemental balls in place. For cooldown, we don't mind if this is addressed in a separate OCP item. So we can just switch gears each time we wanna play Comet, Tetra, Chain Lightning, or any other build.

7. Release (Warlock) - remove cooldown

Based on other people comments' (in this and other post), release should not have any cooldown (0s).

8. Hyper Novice (when they come)

I'm not sure if it's possible for us to have a custom skill-tree for magic Hyper Novice where the skills are only capped at lvl 5. Seeing the current skill tree on DivinePride, it is not even possible to max 2 skills if we take the ultimate skill (assuming the passive is also at lvl 10). Physical HyperNovice has no problem (they can choose melee or ranged build and max all of those skills).

Or alternatively, if changing all the skill levels looks unreasonable, please make the neutral-element skill (Ground Gravitation) having low cooldown (1s or below). Please do a favor for magic SN/HN. We don't even have a spammable skill now (Psychic wave only reducible to 3s), so please let us enjoy HN when they come :)

Thank you and make iRO great again.

edit log:

- add additional request on Severe Rainstorm (skill element)

- add new bullet on Warlock's release cooldown

- readjust numbering (due to some request not posted after review*)

*initially Cross Impact cooldown was considered, but after seeing the reality that even with the current skill CD, GX/SX still output one of the highest, even possibly the highest, DPS among all classes, I think a low cooldown of 0.35s is fair enough (it still feels like a "spammable" skill).

Edited by ThePlutonians, 04 July 2024 - 08:15 AM.

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 03 July 2024 - 06:34 PM

Are gems really a problem for Adoramus?  (to me it never felt like that big of a deal) Also, you forgot Release cooldown which shouldn't ever have been a thing.

#3 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 08:03 AM

Are gems really a problem for Adoramus?  (to me it never felt like that big of a deal) Also, you forgot Release cooldown which shouldn't ever have been a thing.

Currently (or at least before the recent wave of new items) many or even most AB use Sacred Crown, so gem was not a problem. However, by replacing Sacred Crown (either with EXP hat or with more powerful or potentially more powerful setup), it does feel like gem becoming an issue again (at least from convenience perspective). But the main reason this was listed above is because most 3rd class non-ammo offensive skills (that are mainly spammed for farming/lvling) do not require or no longer require Catalyst. So why don't we apply this to Adoramus as well. Justice for AB :)

For Warlock, I haven't really used Spellbook for a while since Geffenia arrived, so I don't quite remember. But if Release indeed should have zero CD, then it's also a valid input for patching.

#4 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3599 posts

Posted 04 July 2024 - 05:31 PM

Maybe OP can start goin to devs meetings for those feedbacks kek

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4146 posts

Posted 05 July 2024 - 09:51 AM

check here on whats possible

https://www.divine-p...tment-timeline/

majority of whats being asked is pserver territory

#6 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1780 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 06 July 2024 - 01:16 PM

Currently (or at least before the recent wave of new items) many or even most AB use Sacred Crown, so gem was not a problem. However, by replacing Sacred Crown (either with EXP hat or with more powerful or potentially more powerful setup), it does feel like gem becoming an issue again (at least from convenience perspective). But the main reason this was listed above is because most 3rd class non-ammo offensive skills (that are mainly spammed for farming/lvling) do not require or no longer require Catalyst. So why don't we apply this to Adoramus as well. Justice for AB :)

For Warlock, I haven't really used Spellbook for a while since Geffenia arrived, so I don't quite remember. But if Release indeed should have zero CD, then it's also a valid input for patching.

It's your personal problem for Adoramus. You can suggest more things like additional Gym Pass weight (cos 200 weight per Gym Pass is outdated).

Cardinal skills Petitio and Arbitrium do not require Blue Gem anymore and if we compare to 3rd class skills it's kinda powerful to allow you to kill Bloody Branch MVP and you get ahead on EXP compared to other 3rd class. Acid demonstration is even 2nd trans skill and with how powerful it is the catalyst removal is not necessary.

Edited by Exvee, 06 July 2024 - 01:18 PM.

#7 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:17 PM

It's your personal problem for Adoramus. You can suggest more things like additional Gym Pass weight (cos 200 weight per Gym Pass is outdated).

Cardinal skills Petitio and Arbitrium do not require Blue Gem anymore and if we compare to 3rd class skills it's kinda powerful to allow you to kill Bloody Branch MVP and you get ahead on EXP compared to other 3rd class. Acid demonstration is even 2nd trans skill and with how powerful it is the catalyst removal is not necessary.

You did not just compare Adoramus to Acid Bomb? :) 

First of all, yes I agree Acid Bomb was so powerful that they put a relatively expensive Catalyst for that skill. A 2,000% base-dmg skill that pierce hard-DEF definitely stands out from the others. Especially back then when Strings was also powerful to reduce ACD by a lot, Acid Bomb became a top class (probably the best?) MVP-killing skill. That is not the case for Adoramus :)

Second, I think the reason why blue gemstone was applied to Magnus Exorcismus (and probably "carried over" to Adoramus) was because Priests/Arch Bishops are not supposed to be damage dealer, not because the skill was "too-OP" (even the lame old Magnus Exorcismus, which only damage Demon/Undead and has eternal casting time, require gem). So this additional "luxury" (of being capable of dealing damage) comes with a cost.

However, considering how all 3rd classes now deals great damage and RPG (role playing aspect) is not a thing anymore, I don't think Adoramus is a "luxury" skill, but rather a necessary skill for leveling/farming. Even Comet which has 6,000 %MATK base damage does not require gem anymore. Of course we should exclude gear effects, which probably gives you an impression how Adoramus is powerful. Because with gears, a fully geared Sorcerer/EM is not even in the same level with AB (with OCP Comet on hand and stacking effect of PW, they probably even surpass GX/SX at this point). To think about Sorcerer again, they came from Sage (which was not supposed to be primary damage dealer), but now become one of the most, if not the most, powerful DPS class at the moment. But PW is free to cast.

Again, in short, changes in the first part of the post really only concern ones which I think fair given the current state of the game. I don't even play performers that often, but I just find it weird that I can't take elemental advantage just by switching arrows (e.g. when hitting Ghost monsters) when I'm using Severe Rainstorm (which is an "ammo"-based skill).

Therefore, I think the next rebalance also should streamline this kind of thing. Justice for all :)

#8 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 12:59 AM

Dear Mr. GM Belzeebub, could you please help us get at least Earth Drive and Severe Rainstorm fixed in the next patch (skill element)? The other things are nice to have too, but these two are very reasonable (and easy?) to patch.

We already had ED neutral element in previous patch, please bring it back.

For SR, please fix it since it is an arrow-based skill, it should follow arrow element (I'm not sure how this skill behaves in kRO/jRO).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users