List of Cash Shop Related Items with faulty description - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

List of Cash Shop Related Items with faulty description

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 July 2024 - 07:04 PM

The significance:
ATK% and Class modifiers is the most commonly mistranslated with items but mistaking any modifier into ATK% is also a mistake that creates the biggest error in damage calculation. ATK% as a category is the least impactful as it does not interact with Class, Size, Race, vs. Element modifiers. With the categories multiplying each other it does create a sizable gap in damage.

ATK% is also not the only mistake being made, race and size are also mistranslated in several occasion, numbers were also somehow mistranslated. There are a couple items where 15% is turned into 25% and 25% turned into 15%. Namely Illusion Military Boots and Awakened Meteor Striker.

As consumers, we deserve the rights to correct descriptions.

How did we find out:
Between checking the source of items (which generally came from jRO, twRO or a couple other servers), testing in game. We also enter these items in calculator to verify.

Note this list may still be missing the lots of errors from OCP and Kachua and even regular in game items.

OCP Items

Mob Scarf
Atk + 6% for every combined sum of 80 base Str and Luk.
Increase physical damage against all class by 6% for every combined sum of 80 base Str and Luk.

Enforcer Shoes
Atk + 4% per level of Weapon Crush known.
Increase physical damage against all class by 4% per level of Weapon Crush known.

Imperial Glove
Supplemental Chip
Brooch of Hero
Shield Ring
Giant's Protection
Rebellion's Scarf
Dark Ring
... etc
Atk + 5%
Increase physical damage against all class by 5%

Immortal Dog Tag
Increases physical damage on targets by 5% per upgrade levels of Juliette D Rachel [2].
Increases physical damage against all class by 5% per upgrade levels of Juliette D Rachel [2].

Imperial Boots
Atk + 4% per level of Sacrifice known
Increase physical damage against all class by 4% per level of Sacrifice known

Tengu Shoes
Atk + 4 % per level of Gentle Touch-Silence known.
Increase physical damage against all class by 4% per level of Gentle Touch-Silence known.

Fortunetelling Sealed
ASPD +2% for every 50 Base Int and Dex
✅ ASPD +2% for every 50 Base Int and every 50 Base Dex*
Increase magical damage dealt to small, medium, large monsters by 4% for every 50 Base Int and Dex
✅ Increase magical damage dealt to small, medium, large monsters by 4% for every 50 Base Int and every 50 Base Dex*
*To clarify, at 125 int and 125 dex you're only getting 8% ASPD and 16% size modifier and not 10% ASPD 20% size modifier.

Storm Muffler
Increase ranged damage to all enemies by 4% and Severe Rainstorm damage by 2% per each skill level of Glommy Slyness learned.
✅ Increase ranged damage to all enemies by 4% and Severe Rainstorm damage by 2% per each skill level of Frigg's Song learned.

Illusion Military Boot
When equipped with Illusion War Axe, increase damage dealt to boss monsters by 70%, reduce damage taken from Boss monsters by 25%.
✅ When equipped with Illusion War Axe, increase damage dealt to boss monsters by 70%, reduce damage taken from Boss monsters by 15%.

Sixth Sense Ring
When Stiking Lv5, increase neutral, fire, wind, earth property magical damage by 10%.
✅ When Stiking Lv5, increase magical damage against neutral, fire, wind, earth property enemies by 10%.

Devil Ring
Increase damage dealt to all monsters by 5%.
Increase physical damage against all class by 5%

Drake's Coat
Infinity Blade
Kenzen Ichinyo
Wild Beast
Two Tone Cap
Invicible Crest Hat
Squirrel Ear Hat (White)
Chic Peony
Wildcat Knit Cap (White)
Flash of Lightning
Altair Hat
Abyss King Ring
Noblesse Oblige
Ring of Silver Claw
Ring of Artemis
Ring of Storm
Atk +x%
Increase physical damage against all class by x%

Paracelsus Glove
Luk +0
Luk +7
Increase physical damage to all size monsters by 10%.
✅ Increase physical damage to all class monsters by 10%.

Jasper Ring
Str +0
Str +7

Striking Hat
Agi +0
Agi +5
Dex +0
Dex +5

Striking Mail
All Stat +0
All Stat +10

Skyblow Ring
Atk +10%
Increase physical damage to all class monsters by 10%.

Paracelsus Coat
When refined to +5 or higher, Def + 150 , Mdef + 15.
      When refined to +7 or higher, Def + 150 , Mdef + 15.
Def +300, Mdef +30
Increase physical damage to all size monsters by 7% per 1lv of Crazy Vines.
✅ Increase physical damage to all race monsters by 7% per 1lv of Crazy Vines.

Military Glove
Vit +0
Vit +7

End of the World
Increase physical damage to all types of monsters by 10% per 1 skill level of Cross Reaper Slasher.
✅ Increase physical damage to all classes of monsters by 10% per 1 skill level of Cross Reaper Slasher.

Memento Mori
Increase physical and magical damage to all size monsters by 10%.
Matk +10%

Traveler Ring
Agi +0
Agi +7

Paradise Lost
Increase physical, magical damage to all size monsters by 10%
Matk +10%

Full Force
Increase physical damage by x% per 1 refine rate.
Increase physical damage against all class by x% per 1 refine rate.

Striking Armguard
When refined to +1 or higher, MaxHP + 3%, MaxSP + 3%
For every refine, MaxHP + 3%, MaxSP + 3%
For every refine level of shoes, ATK + 4%.
✅ For every refine level of shoes, increase physical damage to all class monsters by 4%.

Majesty of Yggdrasil
ATK + 25%
Increase physical damage to all class monsters by 25%.

Amazing Grace
For every level of Clearance learned, increase magic damage against all size enemies by 14%.
✅ For every level of Clearance learned, increase magic damage against all race enemies by 14%.

Mystery Wing
For every total 100 of base basic status, ATK + 5%
✅ For every total 100 of base basic status, Increase physical damage to all class monsters by 5%.

Illegal Chip
Atk +15%
Increase physical damage to all class monsters by 15%.

Ring of Ceyneian
Dex +0
Dex +7
Atk +10%

Palace Ring
Set Bonus:
      Palace Ring[1]
      Stephen Jack Ernest Wolf Card

ATK and MATK +10%.
✅ Set Bonus:
      Palace Ring[1]
      Stephen Jack Ernest Wolf Card

Increase magical damage to all class monsters by 10%.

Dragon Slayer's Longsword
Atk +x%
Attack Range : 3
Attack Range : 1
Weapon Attribute: Neutral
Weapon Attribute: Holy

Erymathian Skin
Dex +6, Reduce incoming damage from players by 5%, reduce after cast delay by 3%.
✅ Dex +6, Reduce incoming damage from players by 5%, increase ASPD by 3%.

Fafnir Helm
When Dragon's Water Breath and Dragon's Breath Lv. 10 is learned, increase ranged physical damage by additional 50%.
✅ When Dragon's Water Breath and Dragon's Breath Lv. 10 is learned, increase ranged physical damage by additional 50% and reduce fixed cast time by 0.2 seconds.

Wolf Officer Hat
When Aimed Bolt's skill level 10, Reduce after cast delay by 15%.
✅ When Aimed Bolt's skill level 10, increase ASPD by 15%

Anulus Ring
Str +7, increase damage to all enemies by 10%,
✅ Str +7, increase damage to all classes enemies by 10%,
When using Knuckle Arrow lv10, increase damage to all enemies by 10%.
✅ When using Knuckle Arrow lv10, increase ranged damage by 10%.
When using Lightning Walk lv10, increase chance to guide attack by 20%.
✅ When using Lightning Walk lv5, increase chance to guide attack by 20%.**
When using Rising Dragon lv5, reduce after skill delay by 30%.
✅ When using Rising Dragon lv10, reduce after skill delay by 30%.**
When using Gentle Touch - Convert lv10, reduce variable casting by 15%,
✅ When using Gentle Touch - Convert lv5, reduce variable casting by 15%,**
**Effect is also likely mixed up, I do not have one so cannot confirm
Really makes you wonder if they even know their own game

Demon God's Ring
Weapon Atk + x%

Rotten Garden Knife
Increase damage of Bomb Cluster by 4% per skill level increase.
✅ Increase damage of Bomb Cluster by 4% per base level.

Ring of Adoramus
Skull Ring
Glittering Cat Choker
Metal Pick

Ring of Pazuzu
Int +0
Int +7

Loud Park
For every level of Gloomy Shyness learned, Increase magic damage against all size enemies by 14%.
✅ For every level of Gloomy Shyness learned, Increase magic damage against all race enemies by 14%.

Kiel Hyre's Darkness
When refined to +11 or higher, increase physical damage against all size enemies by 20%.
✅ When refined to +11 or higher, increase physical damage against medium and large enemies by 20%.

Space Shoes
When performing magical attack, Increases magic damage by +15%.
Increase Magic damage against bosses by 15%

Runaway Accelerator
Reduce physical damage from Boss and Normal monsters by 10% per 1 refine rate.
Reduce physical damage from Boss and Normal monsters by 10%
Increase physical, magical damage to all monsters by 1%.
Increase physical damage to all classes by 1% and MATK +1% per refine.
All of the combo effects are missing

Spoiler ✅ Item Combos

Wolf Officer Hat
When Aimed Bolt's skill level 10, Reduce after cast delay by 15%.
✅ When Aimed Bolt's skill level 10, Increase ASPD by 15%

Okami Robe
 increase physical damage dealt by x%
✅ Increase physical damage against all class by x%

Garden of Eden
 Increase magic damage against all property monsters by x%
✅ Increase all property magic damage by x%

Kachua Items

Cylinder Boots
wAtk + 4% every level of Fire Expansion Known
Increase physical damage against all class by 4% for every level of Fire Expansion Known

Dual Shadow World Cloak
For every 4 refine level, increases physical and magical damage against all size enemies by 3%.
✅ For every 4 refine level, increases physical and magical damage against all element enemies by 3%.

Demon Hunter Shoes
ATK + x%.

Reforming Magic Cloak
When learned Shadow Spell Lv.10. Increase all property magical damage by 10%.
✅ When learned Shadow Spell Lv.10. Increase magical damage against all element enemies by 10%.

Overdrive Rampage
For every 5 base level, increase physical damage to all size enemies by 1%
✅ For every 5 base level, increase physical damage to all class enemies by 1%

Crystal Blade Necklace
Increases physical damage against all size enemies by 10%.
✅ Increases physical damage against all class enemies by 10%.

Juggernaut
Increases physical damage by 4% and increases Fire Rain damage by 50% per each level of Fire Rain user learned.
Increases physical damage against all class by 4% and increases Fire Rain damage by 50% per each level of Fire Rain user learned.

Poenetentia Courage Crown
Poenetentia Ambition Crown

Poenetentia Purity Crown
When refined to +13 or higher, ATK + 20%, Fixed Casting Time - 0.5 seconds.
✅ When refined to +13 or higher, increase physical damage against all Races by 20%, Fixed Casting Time - 0.5 seconds.

Poenetentia Glory Crown
When refined to +13 or higher, MATK + 20%, Fixed Casting Time - 0.5 seconds.
✅ When refined to +13 or higher, increase magical damage against all Races by 20%, Fixed Casting Time - 0.5 seconds.

To clarify, not all class modifiers are mistranslated as ATK%, for example Ghost Whisper actually has ATK% correctly

btw the Melee modifier enchant just gets labeled as "Physical Damage" please fix that.

Edited by DrowsyCate, 25 July 2024 - 04:43 PM.

#2 Hogelhagel

Hogelhagel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 01:23 PM

And I would like to know if each item by default is indestructible in battle or not.

#3 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:09 AM

The significance:

ATK% and Class modifiers is the most commonly mistranslated with items but mistaking any modifier into ATK% is also a mistake that creates the biggest error in damage calculation. ATK% as a category is the least impactful as it does not interact with Class, Size, Race, vs. Element modifiers. With the categories multiplying each other it does create a sizable gap in damage.

ATK% is also not the only mistake being made, race and size are also mistranslated in several occasion, numbers were also somehow mistranslated. There are a couple items where 15% is turned into 25% and 25% turned into 15%. Namely Illusion Military Boots and Awakened Meteor Striker.

How did we find out:

Between checking the source of items (which generally came from jRO, twRO or a couple other servers), testing in game. We also enter these items in calculator to verify.

Note this list may still be missing the lots of errors from OCP and Kachua and even regular in game items.

OCP Items

Thank you for this information. Just to add, this kind of info does affect some people's purchasing decision. For example, I for once mistakenly bought item(s) for race %dmg amp since I thought my set up was already so stacked with size %dmg amp (i.e. Amazing Grace), just later to find out that the previous cheap %size items results in comparable (or even better) damage. It turns out that the armor has %race amp.

Can you please confirm for the following items?

- Ghost Fire and New wave sunglasses combo, in particular the %ATK and %MATK bonus (every 18 CON), whether they are correct.

- Kenzen Ichinyo, in particular the %MATK bonus per upgrade and %MATK bonus from flat refinement (since you mentioned above the %ATK flat refinement bonus is physical all class instead).

- Overdrive Rampage, in particular the %MATK bonus per 5 lvl.

I know Kenzen and Overdrive are mentioned above, but just want to confirm the MATK part.

Thank you.

Edited by ThePlutonians, 16 July 2024 - 01:15 AM.

#4 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:12 AM

And I would like to know if each item by default is indestructible in battle or not.

+1 to this. It would be nice if some database (e.g. Divine Pride) has this information by default (currently it is not available for many items).

#5 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:37 AM

Thank you for this information. Just to add, this kind of info does affect some people's purchasing decision. For example, I for once mistakenly bought item(s) for race %dmg amp since I thought my set up was already so stacked with size %dmg amp (i.e. Amazing Grace), just later to find out that the previous cheap %size items results in comparable (or even better) damage. It turns out that the armor has %race amp.

Can you please confirm for the following items?

- Ghost Fire and New wave sunglasses combo, in particular the %ATK and %MATK bonus (every 18 CON), whether they are correct.

- Kenzen Ichinyo, in particular the %MATK bonus per upgrade and %MATK bonus from flat refinement (since you mentioned above the %ATK flat refinement bonus is physical all class instead).

- Overdrive Rampage, in particular the %MATK bonus per 5 lvl.

I know Kenzen and Overdrive are mentioned above, but just want to confirm the MATK part.

Thank you.

- Ghost Fire is correct

- Kenzen Ichinyo MATK% is correct, and all Magic modifiers are more or less equivalent (only thing being the multiplying and flooring order and with it messed up you may have some very very minor error)

- Overdrive Rampage Magic category is correct

+1 to this. It would be nice if some database (e.g. Divine Pride) has this information by default (currently it is not available for many items).

Items are destructible in battle by default, besides Staff and Maces I believe?

#6 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 01:49 AM

- Ghost Fire is correct

- Kenzen Ichinyo MATK% is correct, and all Magic modifiers are more or less equivalent (only thing being the multiplying and flooring order and with it messed up you may have some very very minor error)

- Overdrive Rampage Magic category is correct

Items are destructible in battle by default, besides Staff and Maces I believe?

Thanks for confirming.

For indestructible items, I believe some of them are indestructible but is not mentioned in item description (e.g. Splash Cat headgear). There are other items that are also like that (classified as indestructible on DivinePride and most likely also accurate in my experience, but not included in item description). However, since this category is not a default information on that website, sometimes we wonder whether some items (armor-type, in-particular) are indestructible by default or not. Fortunately for new items, they usually mention this in item description if it's indestructible.

#7 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 16 July 2024 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for confirming.

For indestructible items, I believe some of them are indestructible but is not mentioned in item description (e.g. Splash Cat headgear). There are other items that are also like that (classified as indestructible on DivinePride and most likely also accurate in my experience, but not included in item description). However, since this category is not a default information on that website, sometimes we wonder whether some items (armor-type, in-particular) are indestructible by default or not. Fortunately for new items, they usually mention this in item description if it's indestructible.

It is properly labeled in jRO description, now wouldn't it be nice to have it properly labeled here too.

#8 Enkiadu

Enkiadu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2024 - 08:39 PM

great info!  just to be clear, it's only the text translation of the effects that is incorrect while the actual effects themselves are correct?  so Demon Hunter Shoes does actually give all class damage on IRO currently and NOT ATK%?  thanks for all the work you guys did

#9 3096230415192656890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2024 - 09:03 AM

Garden of Eden

X = Increase magic damage against all property monsters by X%

O = Increase all property magic damage by X%.

#10 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 25 July 2024 - 04:44 PM

great info!  just to be clear, it's only the text translation of the effects that is incorrect while the actual effects themselves are correct?  so Demon Hunter Shoes does actually give all class damage on IRO currently and NOT ATK%?  thanks for all the work you guys did

Correction is how it actually works in game

#11 hahahahragna

hahahahragna

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2024 - 05:00 PM

Have you tested Crow Tengu Mask [1] 10% ATK, is it type 2 or not? Thank you.

#12 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 04 September 2024 - 08:09 PM

can you add brazil's twin ribbon pls ¬¬? thanks.

image.png

Edited by vividort, 04 September 2024 - 08:11 PM.

#13 ThePlutonians

ThePlutonians

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 07:20 AM

I feel like todays, %ATK means %ATK final modifier (though I'm not sure whether it behaves exactly like %MATK). I'm not aware of new items applying %ATK as type2 ATK anymore.

Although need further testing (haven't managed to do it so far), this %ATK may be truly final modifier (multiplicative just like size, race, etc.), or another possibility is like Drowsy mentioned above, incorrect translation where %ATK actually means %class modifier. Previously I did some quick dmg test where %ATK looks like a another multiplier (possibly separate from class modifier). But if someone wanna do proper testing, they can do Maximize power and bring some items with %class modifier and other with %ATK and compare to which modifier it stacks additively and to which one multiplicatively.

Anyway, another mistranslation is found in Rune Greaves. It should be "All Stats + 3 per 2 levels of Dragon Breath and Dragon Water Breath" (blue text missed to be translated from jRO, or just messy arrangement of translation). This is only mistranslation, item works according to full text (i.e. 30 all stats for 20 lvl of DB/DWB).

#14 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 05 September 2024 - 12:41 PM

I feel like todays, %ATK means %ATK final modifier (though I'm not sure whether it behaves exactly like %MATK). I'm not aware of new items applying %ATK as type2 ATK anymore.

Although need further testing (haven't managed to do it so far), this %ATK may be truly final modifier (multiplicative just like size, race, etc.), or another possibility is like Drowsy mentioned above, incorrect translation where %ATK actually means %class modifier. Previously I did some quick dmg test where %ATK looks like a another multiplier (possibly separate from class modifier). But if someone wanna do proper testing, they can do Maximize power and bring some items with %class modifier and other with %ATK and compare to which modifier it stacks additively and to which one multiplicatively.

Anyway, another mistranslation is found in Rune Greaves. It should be "All Stats + 3 per 2 levels of Dragon Breath and Dragon Water Breath" (blue text missed to be translated from jRO, or just messy arrangement of translation). This is only mistranslation, item works according to full text (i.e. 30 all stats for 20 lvl of DB/DWB).

Type 2 atk:image.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users