so support page its not safe for anything - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

so support page its not safe for anything

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TDraco

TDraco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2024 - 05:43 AM

hi everyone that its reading this, so i have been robbed or scamed by the support page, i was trading my ifrit card yesterday and it was send to me a ticket from the support page asking me for login access to my account, on my infinite wisdom i tought it was safe i was being an idiot, and today im being banned cause they said i was impersonating a GM, i lost my account and my item probably cause of all of this and the support team are just not helpfull, i know this its not going to really help me anyway but some advice dont trust all tickets it seems they are not safe and the nickname of the person i was trading with was Krebell03, probably already change its nickname or was other account but maybe not and the "GM" that send me the ticket was GM Megalith so be cautios of this names i hope it help someone. it  seems that my time on this game has come to an end since i lost my principal account i love the game but this situation really hurts 

#2 IROBeelzebub

IROBeelzebub

I made it Off Topic

• Community Managers
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2024 - 08:21 AM

Hello,

Please note that GMs will never ask your login account.

Regards

#3 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts

Posted 27 July 2024 - 01:13 PM

hi everyone that its reading this, so i have been robbed or scamed by the support page, i was trading my ifrit card yesterday and it was send to me a ticket from the support page asking me for login access to my account, on my infinite wisdom i tought it was safe i was being an idiot, and today im being banned cause they said i was impersonating a GM, i lost my account and my item probably cause of all of this and the support team are just not helpfull, i know this its not going to really help me anyway but some advice dont trust all tickets it seems they are not safe and the nickname of the person i was trading with was Krebell03, probably already change its nickname or was other account but maybe not and the "GM" that send me the ticket was GM Megalith so be cautios of this names i hope it help someone. it  seems that my time on this game has come to an end since i lost my principal account i love the game but this situation really hurts 

It's your fault honestly. Every single time you join the Eden group, they make you learn all of this. And so many times they announce in game that GMs NEVER ask for your login information nor do they ask you to go on any platforms to speak to them. You did not have infinite wisdom, please don't make such bold claims. You might think I'm a jerk for telling you how it is but if you're overweight or underweight, I'll tell you exactly what you are rather than sugar coat it and send you on your merry way. That'll only make things worse for you moving forward. Same concept here.

TL;DR - They don't need your login information, EVER(so they will never ask for it). They already the means to get into your account without you giving that information.

Edited by Quoc, 27 July 2024 - 01:15 PM.

#4 676131101175020853

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2024 - 10:14 PM

2024 and people still fall for this scams. sad

#5 HickV

HickV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2024 - 09:56 AM

They sent you a "ticket" in-game or through the support page?

Edited by HickV, 28 July 2024 - 09:58 AM.

#6 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1464 posts

Posted 02 August 2024 - 12:09 PM

Hello,

Regards

That is a lie, they always do. It's in the form we have to fill when we start a ticket.

Which, by the way, is never ever checked because support always asks for all information AGAIN when they finally reply.

One of those is ALWAYS your account name. Not the password, but always the account name.

#7 xiaoChu

xiaoChu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2024 - 01:01 PM

Hello,

Regards

Why are the Dev team pointing finger at the players? Instead of providing us a safer environment that we have been “paying” for, you guys have only posted a picture on what the players should look out for. I think you guys need to explain more on this incident because it is clearly an unsafe environment for us to spend money on.

You guys do not explain what is the root cause on how does some random scammer is able to pretend to be a GM in your ticketing system and be able to setup, to reply like a GM.

Plus, are you guys even planning to resolve this issue? If so, explain how are you planning on doing that.

Developers should be problem solver, not to push responsibility to others

#8 pao0

pao0

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 August 2024 - 01:17 PM

so OP isn't exactly wrong.. i mean, while its true he/she shouldn't have provided his/her password to anyone....

how the hell did someone outside WP reply to those tickets?

i mean, sure anyone can view it,, but no one except official staff should be able to reply in it.

allowing others to view it is already actually a security flaw.. more so replying in it

#9 mark0707

mark0707

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 August 2024 - 04:52 PM

They were able to access my old password, now emailing me about restoring my equipment. it is amusing that he wanted to remind me not to give password but he wants me to change it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users