Meteor Assault damage bug? (or maybe I'm just noob) - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Meteor Assault damage bug? (or maybe I'm just noob)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2024 - 08:30 AM

Heyo good RO citizen,

I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out why my MA damage decreased when I'm using "supposedly" good items.

------

My stats (might reset soon so not too concerned)

STR 121

AGI 80

VIT 70

INT 120

DEX 106

LUK 1

Lv: 187

------

When I hunt at Nogg lv3, I am using the following items, and I am hitting consistenty around 2mil damage..

+12 ghost whisper

Seraphim coronet

Love piece

Icefall dress +9

+14 NO GRADE royal pront cape

+10 liberation thanatos katar (no enchant or anything, got it for cheap)

+7 enforcer boots

Blacksmith gloves of mad berserker

PDM mad berserker

However recently, my friend gifted me the slasher set (daggers) from EDDA biolab.

+11 triple liberation repentance slasher

+11 double liberation judgement slasher

When I changed the thanatos katar to those daggers, my damage decreased to only about 1.5mil.

Which is a bit weird since the daggers are pretty highly refined, and should give me more MA damage  :wacko:

I only changed the weapons, all my EQs are the same

-------

When I tried to hit them eggs at izlude, to be honest it's very inconclusive vs my usual MVP gear of +10 triple liberation red twin edge and +10 quad liberation valk knife

On non fire element eggs, 4mil damage using the red twin edge combo

But only 2mil damage using the new dagger set.

-------

Is there something I'm missing? Was pretty excited when I got the dagger combo but it seems like cheap old items that I have deal more damage... any help is needed or if any GM can have a looky!

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1298 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 07 August 2024 - 12:28 PM

dagger deals less dmg to nogg3 mobs due to size penalty, i suggest comparing gears using the calc http://newcalc.irowiki.org/

Also, you already have a lot of MA skill% bonus so the amount from dagger have diminished returns.

Edited by vividort, 07 August 2024 - 12:30 PM.

#3 stormchell

stormchell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2024 - 09:52 PM

dagger deals less dmg to nogg3 mobs due to size penalty, i suggest comparing gears using the calc http://newcalc.irowiki.org/

Also, you already have a lot of MA skill% bonus so the amount from dagger have diminished returns.

Thanks for this! Never knew the calculator existed.

Never knew that MA has diminishing returns though, wonder if it's worth me still saving up to get the records of thieves..

#4 slayerherosk2222

slayerherosk2222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 August 2024 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for this! Never knew the calculator existed.
Never knew that MA has diminishing returns though, wonder if it's worth me still saving up to get the records of thieves..

what he says is when you get high enough percentage on any specific skill, the more percentage you get beyond that will have a less return since it is evened out. you would like to improve other modifier instead of MA modifier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users