Since when did the english translation become doodoo? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Since when did the english translation become doodoo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BardBun

BardBun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2024 - 09:11 AM

And why did so many skill and class names change to those horrible pserver names?

Instead of Endow XY, now it's Frost Weapon or Lightning Loader or Flame Launcher.

Magnetic Earth? Nope, it's suddenly Land Protector.

Sand Attack, Stone Fling? Nope, now it's Throw Sand and Throw Stone.

iRO used to have the best english translation out of all official servers but now it became a joke.

I thought an official server was supposed to have some standards when it comes to such things, why did iRO completely drop theirs?

Edited by BardBun, 21 August 2024 - 09:11 AM.

#2 ssloner

ssloner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 August 2024 - 09:42 AM

And why did so many skill and class names change to those horrible pserver names?

Instead of Endow XY, now it's Frost Weapon or Lightning Loader or Flame Launcher.

Magnetic Earth? Nope, it's suddenly Land Protector.

Sand Attack, Stone Fling? Nope, now it's Throw Sand and Throw Stone.

iRO used to have the best english translation out of all official servers but now it became a joke.

I thought an official server was supposed to have some standards when it comes to such things, why did iRO completely drop theirs?

I remember read somewhere it has something to do with the variable names coded into the game itself so to avoid confusion they align the names to what they are.

That say I agree a lot of the names make me facepalm, a small wishful hope in me that one day I will see the skill names reiterated properly, like Asura Strike instead of Guillotine Fist, Poem of Bragi instead of Magic Strings.

#3 3096230415192656890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2024 - 07:43 AM

It's still Land Protector, Endow Etc for me, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users