Game Lore: Succubus Stages-of-Life Theory - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Game Lore: Succubus Stages-of-Life Theory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CoolCon

CoolCon

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2024 - 03:48 AM

This is my first Topic Post ever, hooray, let's move on.

Theory: The Loli Ruri, Succubus, and Zealotus enemy are all the same species of creature, just at different stages of their life.

1505.png -> 1370.png -> 1200.png

All images, and info regarding skill-sets, drops and cute pet items will be nabbed from iro wiki.

Diet

Succubi are traditionally demons that prey on men. But wait! You might know that the Loli Ruri pet eats Pumpkin Pie, and the Succubus eats Blue Vital Flower! Aren't they vegetarian?! It's not that simple.

To tame a Loli Ruri, you must give her Very Red Juice (in a skull shaped bottle, no less). And for whatever reason, Pumpkin Pies are not fit for player consumption (what's in them?!).

The item description for the Blue Vital Flower states that it only suppresses a succubus' hunger. Meanwhile, Succubi have the Blood Drain ability as enemies, and will leech physical damage as pets.

The food item for the Zealotus pet is Immortal Heart. And the Forbidden Candle taming item is pretty red (How's the candle scented?!).

What's the underlying theme? Blood. They can't get enough of it! It's no coincidence (probably) that Loli Ruri shares maps with the Bloody Murderer, and Succubus shares maps with the Bloody Knight. And Zealotus hangs out in a place in Glast Heim with torture devices everywhere.

1507.png + 1268.png = good source of tasty, tasty blood.

Appearance

Let's look at their cards.

4191.png -> 4218.png -> 4277.png

Let's list some traits.

• Loli Ruri: Blonde hair, red eyes, pointed ears, bat motif (no wings visible), potential spot for horns is covered by hair.
  • Succubus: Blonde hair, red eyes, ears covered by hair, bat motif (wings visible), visible horns, clear like of the color red.
  • Zealotus: White hair, black eyes, pointed ears, clear lack of wings, horns are missing (but provided by mask), clear like of the color red.

Some notes to make:

• In real life, when aging, blonde hair tends to turn gray at first, then ends up white.
  • Both the Succubus and Zealotus wear high heels. Big whoop, right? But I thought it might be interesting considering that neither Incubus nor Injustice wear shoes. More on them later.

Relationships

• The Loli Ruri, Succubus, and Zealotus are all aggressive yet tamable by the player.
  • The Succubus Card has synergy with the Incubus Card. Told you I'd get to them later.
  • The Zealotus Card has synergy with the Injustice Card. Two synergies? Wow what a crazy coinci
  • The accessory for a Succubus pet is a mask from Zealotus. The Zealotus pet has no accessory (she's already living her best life).
  • Loki's Whisper is a rare drop from Loli Ruri that's only dropped by one other enemy: Mysteltainn in Geffenia (where the Succubi are).

1203.png

Other Stuff

• There is an enemy in Niflheim (where the Loli Ruri are) called Shadow of Pleasure that looks identical to the Succubus.
  • Both Loli Ruri and Succubus have the Grampus Morph ability (turns player head into orc head).
  • Loli Ruri and Succubus laugh when they cast Grampus Morph. Zealotus is always laughing.
  • In The Sign quest, we learn that Lady Hell presides over Niflheim. She is the one that gives you access to Geffenia at the end of the quest.
  • Let's be frank. A Succubus would definitely name a little girl Loli Ruri.

Counterarguments

Problem: Loli Ruri and Zealotus have no wings.

My Thinking: Loli Ruri's haven't grown yet. The moon she's on serves as 'training wheels' for flight. Zealotus lost hers from age.

Problem: Zealotus has no horns, her eyes are black, and she is of the Demihuman type, not Demon.

My Thinking: A Succubus might simply lose their red eyes, horns, and demon attribute as they age. At the very least, she still acts like a demon.

Ha-ha, no, but she does wear a mask with horns on it.

Problem: There's only one Zealotus at a time, where there are more than one Loli Ruri and Succubus at a time.

My Thinking: That's kinda sad. Maybe more Succubi would live to retirement if they wore armor.

Conclusion

The Loli Ruri, Succubus, and Zealotus are all the same type of creature, just at different ages.

Trying to get a Succubus pet via farming may have driven me insane.

While I have your attention, here are some changes to the game I would like to propose:

• Rename the Expanded Super Novice to the Super-Duper Novice
  • Make a Creamy pet. Or permanently turn one of my characters into a Creamy. Either is fine.

1018.png

Thank you,

CoolCon

Edited by CoolCon, 28 August 2024 - 03:53 AM.

#2 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2024 - 08:26 PM

Nice lore analysis. Hope more come in the future.

Edited by Kedoxu, 30 August 2024 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users