• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did not see any recent topics on the Warp Portal Forums talking about the Super Novice Expansion update. I decided to start a thread to briefly chat specifically about the new skills that Super Novices will have access to when the new update from kRO is implemented into iRO.

Allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Ki, better known as Cat on iRO. I play as a Novice/Super Novice/High Novice as my main character and have played iRO since 2004 when the Juno Patch was implemented.

As some of you may know, Super Novices will be able to do a quest, if they are Base Level 99 and Job Level 99, that allows them to go to Base Level 150 and Job Level 50 and get access to new skills. They will have an additional 49 skill points to spend on these new skills. Here is the list of the 29 different skills Super Novices will be able to learn in the future patch from kRO.

After seeing the list, I'm a bit disappointed, but still excited about the update. I feel that we got jipped on quite a few skills and didn't expect so many skills to be inaccessible to Super Novices. I assumed we wouldn't get skills that involved instruments, katars, or two-handed swords, but most of the top tier skills like Guillotine Fist, Snow Gust, or just Intimidate would have been great. Even Ankle Snare would have been nice for the magic-user Super Novice who don't have instant casting anymore.

I think Super Novices will have to be more creative and resourceful in the combination of skills they get.

On the brighside, it looks like my Meteor Storm (Twin Edge of Naght Sieger[3]) and Turn Undead (Grand Cross[1]) skill will be more unique than I orginally thought...

Nyao~!

-------------

Posted Image

Q: Which skill are you looking most foward to being able to use as a Super Novice?

Q: Which skill did you wish Super Novices could get?

Posted Image

Sources:

Edited by WanderingCat, 15 May 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#2 SuperGuitarDude

SuperGuitarDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Classic

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

This is really sweet. Too bad I won't be around much when this update is implemented. Once I reach my Novice to 99 I'm gonna take a break (gotta get back to guitar, working out, etc). Anyway, it's been years since I had a 2-2 class, so it's difficult to say what I would want as a skill for Super Novice.

#3 RaiveWindDreamer

RaiveWindDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Bump

random Q&A
Q: Where is the The Leaf Cat?
A : Get pwned by GOD-POING.

#4 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Lots of these skills will help Super Novice who is Agi-Str build.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:56 AM

Faith is nice for all builds. Holy Cross will be nice for str builds. Sanc will be nice for my support build.

#6 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

know that they can't have skills that don't relate to what weapons they can use, so a lot of the skills they can't use because of the limit on the weapons they can use...

For each class they got from

Wizard: Okay, not complaining about these. They're nice skills, decent damage ones, can't really find any bad things about it.

Assassin: Okay, because of the weapon limitations, Enchant poison is the ONLY skill they could get, but still... bleh.

Knight: No love for the Knight? Come on, Counter Attack and Bowling Bash would have worked just fine, and for STR super novices? Awesome.

Hunter: Personally, I'd rather have seen the hawk skills then most of these traps. And maybe they could have had their own hawk, like a white one or something. And Okay, skid trap is good, but I would have gone with Ankle Snare

Priest: Sanctuary, I'm not complaining about, that's a really nice one. But I'd take Mag over the other three skills. Hell, I'd take Mag instead of all the other three skills.

Blacksmith: Was Ore Discovery really that unbalancing they couldn't have added it? And Hammer Fall would have been nice. The other skills require axes and maces, which I can understand why they didn't have them.

Crusader: Nothing to complain about here, both of those are nice, and besides the shield skills, nothing really worth it on a super novice that they couldn't get anyways, like Heal

Rogue: Only Stalk? Really? Okay, Gank might have been a bad idea (not IMO, but whatever), but why not Mug? Cute little super novice mugging things for zeny... so cute.

Monk: Iron fists? So they can use fist weapons? I'd rather have Occult Impaction, or Raging Trifecta, but eh.

Sage: Cast Cancel and Free Cast. Seriously, I've had mages complain they don't get these, they would be awesome on casting super novices.

Alchemist: ... yeah, moving on.

So yeah, I would have changed some stuff, but all in all, not TOO bad. Could have been worse.

#7 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

They should have went the extra mile and designed super novice weapons that fit every type. A novice katar/instrument/2handed sword....ya know? Then again, I felt the same away about Stalkers and then Chasers not getting an all around weapon mastery that lets them utilize any weapon. Ah well. I like the skills given, should make for some unique gameplay in the future.

#8 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hunter: Personally, I'd rather have seen the hawk skills then most of these traps. And maybe they could have had their own hawk, like a white one or something. And Okay, skid trap is good, but I would have gone with Ankle Snare

Blacksmith: Was Ore Discovery really that unbalancing they couldn't have added it? And Hammer Fall would have been nice. The other skills require axes and maces, which I can understand why they didn't have them.

Monk: Iron fists? So they can use fist weapons? I'd rather have Occult Impaction, or Raging Trifecta, but eh.

Alchemist: ... yeah, moving on.

I would have liked to see a custom hawk, maybe a different monster instead of a hawk? Ankle Snare made a lot of sense for use with a magic-user. Disappointed, but not ungrateful.

Out of the Blacksmith skills, Power Maximize, Power-Thrust, or especially Weapon Perfection would have been really nice!

Unfortunately, Super Novices still can't use first class weapons. I think they gave SNs the skill because it's a prerequisite for Summon Spirit Sphere.

The Alchemist skill, Axe Mastery, is still really nice because it also increases damage with Sword class weapons too!

#9 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

These are all interesting skills but not to thrash your enthusiasm, they didn't do anywhere near enough for us to survive in the lvl 99/1+ to 150, and because no good AOE skills at all,Low hp and sp, expensive as hell to raise to still be weak in all areas except dodging (wich still gets cancelled out when being mobbed, Ultra squishiness and.... Just look at my thread, it says everything that a Expanded Super Novice could use or desperately needs!

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry656334

#10 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

These are all interesting skills but not to thrash your enthusiasm, they didn't do anywhere near enough for us to survive in the lvl 99/1+ to 150, and because no good AOE skills at all,Low hp and sp, expensive as hell to raise to still be weak in all areas except dodging (wich still gets cancelled out when being mobbed, Ultra squishiness and.... Just look at my thread, it says everything that a Expanded Super Novice could use or desperately needs!

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry656334

If you are mobbing remember you have quag, swall, firewall, heal, endure, increase hp recovery for potting, icewall and frost nova (as well as some other skills which help). If after using all those skills in combination with the high flee we can get then you probably weren't meant to be mobbing that much or that monster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users