trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Origin Global

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

I made a post on the iRO Wiki forums Rogue/Stalker leveling thread about where to level an 85/46 stalker. I expressed that I do not wish to make use of Bowling Bash and that I'm tired of Ice Itans (did them way too much on my assassin/sinx)

My stalker's base Stats (seriously just base, no gear or buffs included):

83 str
80 agi
1 vit
1 int
40 dex
1 luk

Someone replied to me with a really vague answer saying the following:

"too lazy to calc your flee, but you can prolly try new world. good xp and good drops".

What in the New World would I be killing? Nepenthes and Centipede Larva on man_fild01?

Everything else on the other New World maps have 30-40k HP and require too much flee.

Nepenthes and Centipede Larva have no weakness to any elements. What can I do to optimize damage on them? They have low def too, so Ice Pick is not an option here. All I can think of is an Anacondaq carded Gladius or MG for both Nepenthes and Centipede Larva or a Weeder Knife for Nepenthes only and just avoid the Centipede Larva.

Nepenthes
Posted Image
HP 10350
Race Plant
Property Poison 2
Size Medium
Flee(95%) 215

Centipede Larva
Posted Image
HP 12000
Level 80
Race Insect
Property Poison 2
Size Small
Flee(95%) 230

I calced the following weapons:
+10 Quadruple Venomers Main Gouche [4]
+7 Triple Venomers Gladius [3]
+5 Weeder Knife (+5 because Weeder Knives are virtually non-existent on the Ymir market and I'd rather take the first one I can get and just +5 it instead of breaking it trying to go higher)

They all do roughly the same damage on Nepenthes. 1100~1300 RTB

There's about a 100-200 damage discrepancy between all three. I'm still not sure of what to do about Centipede Larva. Should I just go with the Weeder Knife and tele-kill Nepenthes?

I'd really appreciate some insight from anyone who has experience leveling a stalker in the New World. However I'm also open to suggestions for leveling on other maps. Just remember my criteria:

- I don't want to use BB
- I'm lazy and I want to be able to ctrl+click level using RTB.

Edited by trljason, 22 August 2010 - 01:10 AM.

#2 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

bump

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

No, that's crap experience. They're probably referring to Pingicula map. You kill the pingers (reccomend using lvl 8 spear merc if you have it, works wonders in terms of exp/hr and kill rate), and wing from the wasps. It's where i leveled my stalker at that level, and it works great. Good money too (sharp leaves are just as good as ant horns).

Wear +7 Leo Crown, hotkey switched with a hermode cap or similarly broken headgear if you choose, and you can then just use any appropriately carded weapon (3x boned - they're medium, not small as was reported by one DB). Works great.

You need like 240ish flee.

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 August 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#4 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

No, that's crap experience. They're probably referring to Pingicula map. You kill the pingers (reccomend using lvl 8 spear merc if you have it, works wonders in terms of exp/hr and kill rate), and wing from the wasps. It's where i leveled my stalker at that level, and it works great. Good money too (sharp leaves are just as good as ant horns).

Wear +7 Leo Crown, hotkey switched with a hermode cap or similarly broken headgear if you choose, and you can then just use any appropriately carded weapon (3x boned - they're medium, not small as was reported by one DB). Works great.

You need like 240ish flee.

Played around with a calc. +5 fire endowed weeder knife and a +7 triple boned gladius would do the same damage. A +7 triple scorpion carded gladius would do the highest damage, 200 more than the weeder knife and boned gladius. The scorpion carded glad would do 3k RTB's

Why a spear merc? Average battle duration according to calc is 3-4 seconds. Seems like the spear merc isn't necessary.

I have a +7 Cancer Crown and +7 Leo Diadem, are those ok? Which would you recommend.

I've got 260 flee w/ agi up. My HP is on a separate account so I'll always have buffs.

Edited by trljason, 26 August 2010 - 10:20 AM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Played around with a calc. +5 fire endowed weeder knife and a +7 triple boned gladius would do the same damage. A +7 triple scorpion carded gladius would do the highest damage, 200 more than the weeder knife and boned gladius. The scorpion carded glad would do 3k RTB's

Why a spear merc? Average battle duration according to calc is 3-4 seconds. Seems like the spear merc isn't necessary.

I have a +7 Cancer Crown and +7 Leo Diadem, are those ok? Which would you recommend.

I've got 260 flee w/ agi up. My HP is on a separate account so I'll always have buffs.

The point of the Leo Crown is for automatic fire endow. That's really the beauty of this map - with leo crown, an inventory full of fish, and >240ish flee, you can just level endlessly without worrying about buffs and stuff. I would not reccomend trying to buffstop. The map is huge, and you'll need to wing a lot, and you'd waste a lot of time getting back to the buffstop. I used windwalker scrolls (takes like 6-7 of them to last a whole hour, so the expense is trivial) for movement speed instead of agiup.

The spear merc adds to your DPS and also gives you a +25% exp tap on every monster. I found it a lot easier with the merc. Saved my ass a few times when i got stunned (pingers occasionally stun)

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 August 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#6 trljason

trljason

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

The point of the Leo Crown is for automatic fire endow. That's really the beauty of this map - with leo crown, an inventory full of fish, and >240ish flee, you can just level endlessly without worrying about buffs and stuff. I would not reccomend trying to buffstop. The map is huge, and you'll need to wing a lot, and you'd waste a lot of time getting back to the buffstop. I used windwalker scrolls (takes like 6-7 of them to last a whole hour, so the expense is trivial) for movement speed instead of agiup.

The spear merc adds to your DPS and also gives you a +25% exp tap on every monster. I found it a lot easier with the merc. Saved my ass a few times when i got stunned (pingers occasionally stun)

Ah ok, totally forgot about exp tapping. In regards to buffstopping - would it be more worthwhile if I said I also had a linker on the account my HP is on to give myself rogue link for the 350 second +16 STR buff from Stealth?

So just wait for the Mild Wind from Leo Crown to proc and then swap to whatever desired headgear? Aren't Hermode Caps a promo item only?

Lastly, aren't Imp Hats cheaper than +7 Leo Crowns? Why can't I just use an Imp Hat instead of a +7 Leo Crown? Endow Blaze Lv. 1 lasts 10 minutes longer than Mild Wind does anyways.

Edited by trljason, 27 August 2010 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users