JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

So I was able to buy a Hypnotist's Staff [2] For cheap...

I've figured everything out on the Stats and skills but...

How am I suppose to level up? I guess I could use the Mesmerist but theres the thing about the Freebies being well something. -.-

So will I have to sacrifice using the Freebies just to get to play a Mage SN?

Also... I have a Merchant in the works... I could also do that right? Let the SN leech from him?

Edited by JeremiahLoh, 25 August 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#2 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Not too hard to get to level 45 now just Make a Agi Melee Novice and do Eden Quest, change to Super Novice stay melee untill you get enough Job levels for spells then you could use the Mesmerist.

#3 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Not too hard to get to level 45 now just Make a Agi Melee Novice and do Eden Quest, change to Super Novice stay melee untill you get enough Job levels for spells then you could use the Mesmerist.

Problem is the Mesmerist needs you to be at 0 Weight. Some of the freebies have weight. Notably... the BM's

#4 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Problem is the Mesmerist needs you to be at 0 Weight. Some of the freebies have weight. Notably... the BM's

None of the Eden items have weight anymore this was fixed a few weeks ago.

#5 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

The Following Items still have 1 Weight Each though:
Level 10 Blessing Scroll
Level 10 Increase AGI Scroll
Yellow Butterfly Wing
Battle Manuals

So if you didn't use them your still stuck with 27 Weight.

Anyways I finally got to 45 somehow...

Currently my Skills are just that of a Mage.
Maxed Bolt Spells with Firewall.

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

The item weight values have been set to zero a few patches ago. As of the time of this post, I just tested this on my hunter, storaging all items from inventory except eden gear, Mobster's Disguise, and the nub manual/scrolls/YBWings, and his total current weight is zero.

Incidentally, the consumable items would total 37 weight; did they reduce the number of each scroll you get from 15 to 10?

#7 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

The item weight values have been set to zero a few patches ago. As of the time of this post, I just tested this on my hunter, storaging all items from inventory except eden gear, Mobster's Disguise, and the nub manual/scrolls/YBWings, and his total current weight is zero.

Incidentally, the consumable items would total 37 weight; did they reduce the number of each scroll you get from 15 to 10?

The Yellow Wings given are 5

Battle Manuals are 2

The Skill Scrolls are 10 each.

#8 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

I.E. The answer to my question is 'yes'... which means the item IDs may have changed since they implemented it. I'll make a new character and test if the items have weight... Will edit this post once I have the information~

<edit>Just made a new novice on Yggdrasil and from the Eden Group I received:
- Battle Manual (2)
- LV10 Blessing Scroll (15)
- LV10 Agi Scroll (15)
- Yellow Butterfly Wing (5)
- Eden Group Mark (1)

It looks like you still get 15 of each scroll. On top of that, my inventory contains:
- 1 Pumpkin Pie (weight 1)
- 7 Phracon (weight 20 each = 140)
- 0-weight items including: Eden Group Mark, Free Kafra storage/warp tickets, Novice pots/fwings/bwings, the Eden Group items.

Total weight is as expected 141. :>

Edited by Anchors, 01 September 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#9 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

I.E. The answer to my question is 'yes'... which means the item IDs may have changed since they implemented it. I'll make a new character and test if the items have weight... Will edit this post once I have the information~

<edit>Just made a new novice on Yggdrasil and from the Eden Group I received:
- Battle Manual (2)
- LV10 Blessing Scroll (15)
- LV10 Agi Scroll (15)
- Yellow Butterfly Wing (5)
- Eden Group Mark (1)

It looks like you still get 15 of each scroll. On top of that, my inventory contains:
- 1 Pumpkin Pie (weight 1)
- 7 Phracon (weight 20 each = 140)
- 0-weight items including: Eden Group Mark, Free Kafra storage/warp tickets, Novice pots/fwings/bwings, the Eden Group items.

Total weight is as expected 141. :>

Well I'm finally done getting INT to 99 on my Super Mage. I'm currently aiming for 99 DEX now.

As I've stated I have all Bolt Spells Maxed along with Maxed Firewall.

Should I consider getting Heal,Owl's Eye and Improve Concentration at all? Because as of right now my Skill Build is this:
http://irowiki.org/~...1qn2ksNcKab91cY

Also, any suggestions on what to card my staff with. It has 2 slots and I was thinking of saving up for 2 Necromancer Cards.

#10 ScepticalChymist

ScepticalChymist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well I'm finally done getting INT to 99 on my Super Mage. I'm currently aiming for 99 DEX now.

As I've stated I have all Bolt Spells Maxed along with Maxed Firewall.

Should I consider getting Heal,Owl's Eye and Improve Concentration at all? Because as of right now my Skill Build is this:
http://irowiki.org/~...1qn2ksNcKab91cY

Also, any suggestions on what to card my staff with. It has 2 slots and I was thinking of saving up for 2 Necromancer Cards.

Hey Jeremiah,

I'm also playing on Ygg server as an AGI/int SN mage (same name as my username). It was painful leveling up the last 10 levels (till 99), but luckily, the turnins were happening during that time. My skills at 99/99 look like this (no firewall though). I also max out heal which helps get me invites into parties.

With the extended expansion hitting, I've been getting this char to 100/7 and leveling up faith skill (+200HP/skillpoint) only so far. If I get to be very rich, I might reset to an AGI/int/dex/(vit) autocaster SN, but we'll see how far I can bring this char. Non-buffed stats look like this: 100 Agi, 93 Int, 31 Dex.

I right now have a poor-man's Hypno Staff +6 carded with two Fabre cards (Vit+1, MaxHP+100) from my pre-faith build, but I'm now looking out for Centipede Larva Cards (Int+1, MAtk+3) once they start hitting the market and dropping in price. Necro Cards are too pricey for me.

I'm right now on vacation for 2 more days, but you can PM me anytime in-game for advice. Good luck with your super novice. Cheers!

#11 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Caster Super Novice isn't exactly the best choice, a fighter one would be way better however,
when it comes down to it, I still use a caster Novice.
My steam kinda went down in the dumps when I found out when a Super Novice reaches 150, they don't really get any bonuses besides bragging rights! The intention of this class was to be Moderate! But we get even LESS hp then a even a Baby Warlock! :P
EVEN WITH A VITALITY OF 65!! Still only have a base hp of 3k at lvl 119!

Micaiah lvl 119/26 Super Novice Yggdrasil server

Heres a link to my thread on Super Novices shortcomings and what they can do to fix it!

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry656334

#12 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hey Jeremiah,

I'm also playing on Ygg server as an AGI/int SN mage (same name as my username). It was painful leveling up the last 10 levels (till 99), but luckily, the turnins were happening during that time. My skills at 99/99 look like this (no firewall though). I also max out heal which helps get me invites into parties.

With the extended expansion hitting, I've been getting this char to 100/7 and leveling up faith skill (+200HP/skillpoint) only so far. If I get to be very rich, I might reset to an AGI/int/dex/(vit) autocaster SN, but we'll see how far I can bring this char. Non-buffed stats look like this: 100 Agi, 93 Int, 31 Dex.

I right now have a poor-man's Hypno Staff +6 carded with two Fabre cards (Vit+1, MaxHP+100) from my pre-faith build, but I'm now looking out for Centipede Larva Cards (Int+1, MAtk+3) once they start hitting the market and dropping in price. Necro Cards are too pricey for me.

I'm right now on vacation for 2 more days, but you can PM me anytime in-game for advice. Good luck with your super novice. Cheers!

Can you post an update on this? What on earth were you autocasting, especially with 31 dex?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users