#1 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

My client will stop working as soon as I select my character and try to enter. I have vista home premium and a dual core so I'm sure one of those is causing the problem. Any help? Here are the things I have tried to no avail...

1. Fresh client (uninstalled and reinstalled) Made sure all old existing files were deleted.
2. Genpatcher
3. Updated display drives
4. Set affinity to one core
5. I have internet explorer 8
6. Direct X is fine
7. Played in windowed mode
8. Run as administrator
9. Run as compatible for XP service pack 2
10. disabled UAC with file on forums
11. said some ugly words

#2 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Do you get an error after selecting your character? If so, what does it say?

If you receive no error, then you most likely have a bug with your character on that single map. What map were you located on?

If you still have an issue with not being able to log in, try to submit a ticket. Give the loader a good 4-7 minutes to send the ticket.

#3 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

yeah it just says "client has stopped working. Windows is trying to solve the problem or whatever." "Windows will notify you if a solution is found." Somewhere along those lines. Then it just shuts itself down. All my characters are in junon. I have submitted a ticket, but that's not going to help. Undoubtedly I can't be the only one experiencing this...

Edited by paradiz, 24 October 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#4 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

Junon has an error (most likely due to the afk market system,) that causes players to get stuck and disconnect.

You'll have to wait for a GM to reset your location (with a ticket you submit,) or until the next Server Restart.

#5 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Junon has an error (most likely due to the afk market system,) that causes players to get stuck and disconnect.

You'll have to wait for a GM to reset your location (with a ticket you submit,) or until the next Server Restart.

Well screw that, i'll just wait till they up and maybe fix it.
I've played this game off and on for about 6 years now, and they've been pretty good about technical stuff, but not so much on development. I hope they'll fix this...

Edited by paradiz, 26 October 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#6 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

You could also PM a CM on the forums about the issue and it may be fixed faster than with a ticket...

But, whatever you choose.

Try logging in periodically to see if it's changed.

#7 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for any reply. I think it may be because of the 64 bit OS. Nothing I can do about it.

Edited by paradiz, 28 October 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#8 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for any replay. I think it may be because of the 64 bit OS. Nothing I can do about it.

If you believe this is the issue, you may want to try your account from the use of a 32bit Windows OS.

I personally believe it's just an issue with your character being stuck on the map, though.

Edited by Rukario, 27 October 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#9 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Well the thing is, I play this game on ******** server as well and I have the same problem on any map. I don't know how to covert the 64 bit to a 32 bit and I don't think that would be wise anyways since all the drivers and such are set up for 64 bit. I think i'll try to download windows 7 and see if that will help any. Thanks for replying man.

Edited by paradiz, 28 October 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#10 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

I see you have not checked your firewall on your list. I doubt that's the issue, but better verify this!

#11 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

Well the thing is, I play this game on ******** server as well and I have the same problem on any map. I don't know how to covert the 64 bit to a 32 bit and I don't think that would be wise anyways since all the drivers and such are set up for 64 bit. I think i'll try to download windows 7 and see if that will help any. Thanks for replying man.

You can't convert from 64 to 32. You either install a whole new setup with Windows 7 32bit, or you go with 64bit.
(64bit is superior, as it lets you use somewhere around 64GB of RAM (which is impossible currently.)

And on the other hand, you can't really "download" Windows 7. Not unless you do it illegally, and I don't suggest
that you do. If you do, you'll probably run out of validation days and parts of your system may not work anymore.

I simply advise you not to, but it's your choice. Buying the system itself will cost around $200 if not much more.

---

I've also given Calanor a notification of this thread since I'm unable to come up with a solution.

Edited by Rukario, 29 October 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#12 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

I see you have not checked your firewall on your list. I doubt that's the issue, but better verify this!

Yeah i shut it off last night to no avail.

And yeah Rukario you can download Windows 7 straight from Microsoft after you pay of course lol.

Edited by paradiz, 29 October 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#13 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Yeah i shut it off last night to no avail.

And yeah Rukario you can download Windows 7 straight from Microsoft after you pay of course lol.

Lol, at the very least, wait for Calanor's reply before you go off spending a chunk of money. o_o

#14 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

The OS shouldn't be the problem.

Have you tried creating a new character? Then you'll know if the problem arises because your characters are stuck in Junon.

Edited by Zayin, 30 October 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#15 paradiz

paradiz

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

The OS shouldn't be the problem.

Have you tried creating a new character? Then you'll know if the problem arises because your characters are stuck in Junon.

Hey that appears to have helped, so thank you Zayin. I hope one day they'll completely fix this.

#16 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

My pleasure :Emo_18:! Rukario is the one who brought the issue up though!

I guess you could submit a ticket and ask for your characters to be teleported. That's just a temporary fix though. There has to be a problem within your client itself since this bug doesn't happen to most people... If I were you, I would try to investigate this then submit a documented bug report!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users