Help with Preparing Potions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Preparing Potions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I recently made my Merchant an Alchemist & have been leveling up my Potion Research & Prepare Potion skills, but so far every time I try to "Prepare a Potion", I get a message saying I can't use that skill yet & I just loose one of my medicine bowls.

I can't find anything in Wiki that says any specifics on when you can start creating potions.

Do I have to be at Level 10 on, one or both, Research & Prepare before I am able to?

What am I missing?

Edited by Razzez, 04 March 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

You need to have a potion creation manual in your inventory for the type of potion you are creating, you get one for free when you become alchemist, and you can buy them from the npc in the alchemist guild.

#3 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

You need to have a potion creation manual in your inventory for the type of potion you are creating, you get one for free when you become alchemist, and you can buy them from the npc in the alchemist guild.

Doh I know that but stupid me had it in my cart instead of inventory :mellow:

Thanx for waking me up Dr.

Edited by Razzez, 04 March 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#4 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

The book I got is the Condensed Potion Guide. So when I tried it just now it doesn't allow me to create anything other then condensed potions obviously.

How do I know which books do which other then the ones that have obvious names? Like I'm looking for the one to be able to do regular white potions both one at a time & 200 at a time. I also need the one for creating Embryos. I saw a book list on Wiki but they just have numbers & that isn't how they are sold at the guild.

#5 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

You said you looked at the wiki but were you looking at the right place?
http://irowiki.org/w...Potion_Creation

The chart right there easily shows which books make which items.

#6 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks so much I just saw that. I didn't notice it was on there before & I've had that page open too...lol

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

haha, don't sweat it. Happens to the best of us.

#8 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

The book I got is the Condensed Potion Guide. So when I tried it just now it doesn't allow me to create anything other then condensed potions obviously.

How do I know which books do which other then the ones that have obvious names? Like I'm looking for the one to be able to do regular white potions both one at a time & 200 at a time. I also need the one for creating Embryos. I saw a book list on Wiki but they just have numbers & that isn't how they are sold at the guild.

The Potion Creation Guide lets you make single fat potions as well as embryos. However, if you want to make 200 white pots at a time, you would need a linker to give you the alchemist link and certain classes in the same party (I think it's a linker and TK kid) to be able to do so.

Here is more information on the actual link. And these three links give you the different variations of the link and what you would need:

variant 1 (creating 200 fat white pots)
variant 2 (creating 200 slim white pots)
variant 3 (creating 100 alcohol, 50 acid bottles & 50 bottle grenade; requires TK kid in party)

Edited by Rosenthrall, 04 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#9 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

The Potion Creation Guide lets you make single fat potions as well as embryos. However, if you want to make 200 white pots at a time, you would need a linker to give you the alchemist link and certain classes in the same party (I think it's a linker and TK kid) to be able to do so.

Here is more information on the actual link. And these three links give you the different variations of the link and what you would need:

variant 1 (creating 200 fat white pots)
variant 2 (creating 200 slim white pots)
variant 3 (creating 100 alcohol, 50 acid bottles & 50 bottle grenade; requires TK kid in party)

I can do the 200 fat whites & each of the others individually l I just need to buy the appropriate book for each one except for creating the white potions. Creating 200 fat whites is just a skill I can use now that I have the Potion Creation Manual.

Thanks for the other information.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users