New to Maestia, in need of advice on which class I should pick. - Maestia Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New to Maestia, in need of advice on which class I should pick.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guerrier

Guerrier

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'll try to keep this as short and to the point as possible. (No promises.)
My playstyle doesn't allow me to play classes that are seen as the "Squishy" ones, because I tend to be in a rush and have a lot of "Ohh Shoot!" moments.
So that pretty much limits me down to classes that well have good buffs to make themselves more sturdy, or classes that posses an already inhirint defense via armor, or mass hp, ect...
I tend to like to like to Solo most of the time, because I tend to like to go at my own pace, and not be hurried along or yelled at because I'm not doing something "Perfect".
I like to relie on straight out damage upposed to having to stack up DoT's or alike things to get the kill, I mean CC and Conditions such as Bleed/Psn/Burn ect. are all fine and dandy, just like not to have to have those things proc'd on an enemy to clean it's clock.
I have read that this game get's pretty PvP/RvR heavy come later/late game were pretty much your on a PvP map or feel objigated to fight for your faction, ect. Which is perfectly fine, I do enjoy player vs. player in games. but having it be the only thing to do on the other hand, doesn't float my boat.
In my spare time when I am not questing/dungeoning or pvping, I like to farm either items or gold, because I would rather find the item I want instead of buying some yahoo's overpriced stuff. (No offense to any of you Yahoo's out there...)

Thanks and please leave any advice/tips you might have related to the topic. (Please no lurkers...)

#2 iDcIMPrO

iDcIMPrO

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hey, I haven't been playing all that much, so I couldn't really describe to you the differences and pros/cons of picking one class over the other. However, I'm playing a 2H Warrior, placing my skill points into STR and VIT, I honestly don't really get hurt to the point where I'm concerned about dying ever. And from what I've read, they're pretty good in PVP. Just my two cents though.

#3 Guerrier

Guerrier

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hey, I haven't been playing all that much, so I couldn't really describe to you the differences and pros/cons of picking one class over the other. However, I'm playing a 2H Warrior, placing my skill points into STR and VIT, I honestly don't really get hurt to the point where I'm concerned about dying ever. And from what I've read, they're pretty good in PVP. Just my two cents though.

I was thinking of going 4 STR 1 VIT or 3 STR 1 VIT 1 AGI or 2 STR 2 AGI 1 VIT per level up if I chose warrior (Berserker.)
For a skill build I really do not know, I know I want to capitalize on DMG output, but I don't want to ignore needful skills/passives that I might need or may find useful in all aspect of this game as in PvE/1v1 PvP/RvR and so on.
I would like it if someone proficient on do's and do not's of character speccing in this case Berserker, because I want to hit like a freight train carrying trucks, but don't want to lack the hp/def ect. to be able to get to my opponent and also be able to get off my combo skills before my hp runs dry...

Thanks!

#4 Guerrier

Guerrier

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Well Im still open for suggestions, I asked around in-game yesterday and they all say that Berserkers are the glasscannons of melee...
I got told that if I want survivability and better soloing chances, to go with either Cleric or Knight, while both of these cover the survival/solo part, I would be lacking in damage, which is what I want is a DD who has a good survivability factor along with being able to solo a good portion of the time.
I do have a caring factor to me, I wouldn't mind being the healer, just don't want to play a class that requires being in a group to get things done...

Please help!?

#5 ausmongrel

ausmongrel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAus
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Berserkers aren't too glasscannon as long as you pay attention to your Vit/def/armor etc. Think you've been misslead. If that's not what you want, though, you could always make a Dark Priest (Cleric) Hybrid. Deals good amounts of damage and can still heal decently.

#6 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I wouldn't consider berserker a glass cannon at all. The glass cannon of melee? Well the only melee classes are beserker/knight....so lol....

Even if you do run into trouble you can hire a cleric merc. But outside of expert dungeons you can solo everything with any class. Hell, even some expert dungeons can be solo'd with a cleric merc.

#7 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

If you wanna roll a pure berserker, stat 3/2 str/agi. Max all of the berserk passives. Past that, use your sense to build yourself up the way you want since you can't really go wrong so long as you keep your points on one side of the warrior tree :P.

Zerkers may have high HP and decent defense, but you only have one chance to drop your target thanks to the insane amount of slows, sleeps, fears and roots available to the rest of the non-WR classes. Basically, you're not a Glass Cannon.....You're more of a....Glass Boulder :P, roll in and crush your target with your momentum or be stopped and remain a sitting duck. Sadly, there is little you can do about the current state of balance unless they make charge or something similar that can be available into an in combat skill.

Edited by WorldBosh, 26 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#8 Skylicious

Skylicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Choose Cleric!!

They can tank! They can Heal! They can AOE!

Utterly OP in PvE and you will almost never die with a 2nd healer in RvR (unless the mages remembered that they have to Sleep/Silence/Shock). :)

#9 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Definitely a dark cleric. They can take hits (though not as good as a warrior) and they can be very defensive while having a good offensive palette.

#10 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

But bow ranger is good also it can evade attack and they hit hard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users