Weekend RvR Event! Saturday & Sunday (9/29~30)! [Suggestions Requested!] - Maestia Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Weekend RvR Event! Saturday & Sunday (9/29~30)! [Suggestions Requested!]

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• Customer Service Management
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Why hello everyone!

I'm here to bring you word of an RvR Event occurring this weekend!

Date: Saturday and Sunday; September 29th & 30th, 2012.
More details will be given tomorrow!

I can however inform you that the prize is an item that everyone has been suggesting for quite some time. YES! The winning RvR groups will receive a Stat/Skill Reset Scroll. You heard correctly!

Also, we would love to receive some feedback and hear from the community. What other prizes would you like to be given for this event?

Mounts, gold, scrolls? We would love to hear your suggestions!

Warnhal out~

#2 Gobnar

Gobnar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

So SG's get to die over and over again as Tk's get reset scrolls.... Fun event ^^

#3 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

TK at high lvls will own the event,and they already have enough good stuff with them not letting sg near the new bosses so i say just stick with the reset.Since they don't need to be even more over powered

#4 Gobnar

Gobnar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

I would like to say i was just making a Joke i'm not trying to complain!! i think the event is a great idea. I just also think that you guys need to add the Reset scrolls to the MP shop already cause i really need one and there really is a low chance that SG's will win one. AGAIN! i think this is a good idea for an event a very very very good idea ^^

#5 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• 90 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback thus far, I'll be sure to pass this on. Be sure to tell your friends to send submit their suggestions here as well. Let's make this an event that everyone enjoys!

Also, are they any items you would like to see given as rewards?

#6 Gobnar

Gobnar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I Think the Reset scroll is the best thing to use as a reward. ^^ It's something everones been wanting really bad. We all have these first characters that are high levels but not very good cause of the way we made them

#7 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

the new mount for 7 days,Premium bag,Premium spins,Wrapping paper,drop rate/gold rate items,Choice of 59 orange item,or even a choice of any 63 purple set

#8 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

also since SG for 60+ never win rvr unless we out number the other side by a lot i think u guys should give out the reset to anyone who joins,and then give the winning side extra stuff

#9 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

I think these item should be rewards :o
Stat Reset Scroll
Skill Reset Scroll
Exp scroll
Enchantment Insurance Scrolls
Dragon Legecy Spins

#10 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I don't fully understand it.. does that mean for every RVR match, the winners get those items?

#11 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Well I'm actually with the SG's here. Giving the "winning" side these resets is a HUGE advantage towards the future of this game. I don't care which side wins, I think it's a bad idea. I agree with the idea, that all who join should be given the resets and then the winning side gets some other prize that won't greatly disturb the balance of the game. Not that's it's ideally balanced right now, but no need to make it worse.

Possible rewards

X amount of premium spins
Exp scroll BUT only for the brackets below 60~80
Gold Scroll
X amount of Insurance scrolls
VII maestone boxes
Or really, if you want to make it complicated, any item of a players choosing from the cash shop.
How about some costumes? An event only costume would be sweet....just saying

And I'm going to say no to the 63 purple items, no to the 59 oranges, as well in the 60-68 bracket. These items belong in the 51-59 bracket. If they want to give the winning side for 60-68 a 68 oj....lols....it's a bad idea for the same reason stat/skill reset is.

Also I'm assuming this will be the golem rvr since the 60~68 bracket have no other rvr's currently and I'll strangle someone if our bracket is excluded because someone messed up on the patch and decided 60+ don't need the normal rvr every 2 hours like everyone 59 and below get.

#12 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Update:

<p>

Win Stat&Skill Reset Today!

Hit: 61
9/28/2012

Participate in a special RvR this weekend (September 29th and 30th) to win Sat and Skill Reset Scrolls and much more!

Schedule
Saturday and Sunday (September 29th and 30th)
Time: 11:00+ PDT, 14:00+ PDT, 17:00+ PDT, 20:00+ PDT, 23:00+ PDT

Event Details
  • There will be a total of 5 special RvR matches per day. Each match scheduled within the range of the given timeslots.
  • Matches will be divided into two level brackets

-1~40 Bracket
    -41~68 Bracket

• Players that participate in at least 5 and 10 RvRs will receive special rewards.
  • Top 3 players of each faction will be rewarded in every match.
  • Final RvR result will be taken by the GMs, decisions made will be final and irrevocable.

Rewards Details
  • Players that participated in at least 5 RvR matches over the weekend will receive a Stat Initialization Scroll.* (Name must be present in the final scoreboard throughout all matches)
  • Players that participated in at least 10 RvR matches over the weekend will receive a Skill Initialization Scroll.* (Name must be present in the final scoreboard throughout all matches)
  • Top 3 players of both factions will be awarded randomly with Dragon’s Breath Spin, Dragon Legacy Spin, Wrapping Papers, and Enchantment Insurance Scrolls.*
  • *All prizes will be distributed between Oct. 1~3.
Notes: Looks like I can't win the scrolls at all... saturday and sunday is sunday and monday in my country .___. I have work..

If this is the case, then therefore both factions will obtain the scrolls upon participation

and the Top 3 players would might refer to the number of kills and etc.. which means.. yeah.
This is a fair event because both sides get the grooming kit (resets)

Edited by Chigikogou, 28 September 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#13 Lavanglan

Lavanglan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Participate in a special RvR this weekend (September 29th and 30th) to win Sat and Skill Reset Scrolls and much more!

Schedule
Saturday and Sunday (September 29th and 30th)
Time: 11:00+ PDT, 14:00+ PDT, 17:00+ PDT, 20:00+ PDT, 23:00+ PDT

Event Details
  • There will be a total of 5 special RvR matches per day. Each match scheduled within the range of the given timeslots.
  • Matches will be divided into two level brackets

-1~40 Bracket
    -41~68 Bracket

• Players that participate in at least 5 and 10 RvRs will receive special rewards.
  • Top 3 players of each faction will be rewarded in every match.
  • Final RvR result will be taken by the GMs, decisions made will be final and irrevocable.

Rewards Details
  • Players that participated in at least 5 RvR matches over the weekend will receive a Stat Initialization Scroll.* (Name must be present in the final scoreboard throughout all matches)
  • Players that participated in at least 10 RvR matches over the weekend will receive a Skill Initialization Scroll.* (Name must be present in the final scoreboard throughout all matches)
  • Top 3 players of both factions will be awarded randomly with Dragon’s Breath Spin, Dragon Legacy Spin, Wrapping Papers, and Enchantment Insurance Scrolls.*
  • *All prizes will be distributed between Oct. 1~3.

Well with that said, I will once again miss out on a skill reset because I have a life outside the game. Honestly, I work both those days as well. From 2PM (central) to 10PM. That means I can make maybe 6 total if I get home on time and want to spend no time with my wife and kids.

Not to mention the golemn in RVR is so weak it dies in the 60+ RVR in like 6 seconds. Why not give everyone a chance. What about people who are sleeping that time of the day/night (depending on where they live) or have school then? I mean you guys are focusing it into the hardcore people who play all day and can be on when they want or all day even.

I do understand those people are probably where you get most of your money from cash shop and you want to make them feel special. I get that. But you are leaving out everyone else who plays casually and when they can. I really hope you guys make some changes to the game and your tactics to get everyone involved and not just the people who can be on the most.

#14 stressfree0pain

stressfree0pain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphi

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

what about for gmt +8 people :o

#15 stressfree0pain

stressfree0pain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

probably my suggestion is at least all who make 5 rvr participation can choose either Stat or Skill reset scroll, and all who participated on 10 rvr can have both. its like , kinda frustrating if a player wanted just the Skill reset , and he will be either get force to participate in all RvR events. it will also matters on what his lifestyle is and most especially the Timeline. Yes , I am Asian, my time is on GMT+8 I'm like the other half of the world , so the time for me in RvR starts on 2am till what? 2pm on Sunday. I think choosing one on those reset isn't that bad at all just participating on just 5 on those. well give credit who can have 10 participation they double their effort for it. but for me that will be committing suicide playing. Hope you guys consider it.

#16 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

stress has a very good idea, if you make 5 rvr in the 2 days, let the player choose either stat or skill reset. This makes it more reasonable as not everyone can make all 10 and tbh I doubt there are very many who could/can do such a thing.

The other option if that is not feasible is to drop the stat reset to 3 rvr and the skill reset to 5 and for those who make all 10.....well give them gold to cover the cost of skill books. I think this also would be reasonable. It rewards the casual player, while still giving a good reward for the hardcore. (3-5 mil would work imo)

#17 stressfree0pain

stressfree0pain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

i think having reset is also giving back the money you spent on books, or if it isnt possible if you have path on the bottom and you just mixed some skills up on distribution for skills, the books spent will be retain in lvl not unless you wanted to go back to the top skill tree , that will be your own gold to spent.

#18 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

lots of SG hate this event even tho all u have to do is join.the 41-68 rvr ends up being something like 20-180 kills each time since the TK can sit in SG base for 2+ mins at a time

#19 AngelShark

AngelShark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Did anyone laugh when they died and the message says something about respawning in the safe zone? Cue dying again in 3 seconds flat after respawn. The only reason I (noob that I am) could rank top 3 in any of the 4 rvr I joined was because barely any SGs joined. I wonder how I got credit for ANY kills at all.

Edited by AngelShark, 29 September 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#20 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

It is.....well unbalanced to say the least, but I keep hearing people say "buff npc archer".....and it makes me laugh. That wouldn't stop the slaughter. Tk only rushes cause majority weren't coming out. First rvr of day, all SG come out (still lose by more than 80 kills) so there was no rush into base. At any rate, I suggest many times there needs to be realm transfer. Give a certain amount of cap TK the chance to transfer their character to SG. I mean I wouldn't mind transfer to even things up, but leveling a char to cap is fine, but it cost so much $$$$ to transfer all my gear it's just not worth it. Give free option to transfer for balance!

#21 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

that would be a good idea.Another game i played was one sided like this game is so they Asked some ppl to transfer nation,and Since Hemera made a SG TK at one of the boss events it can't be to hard to transfer some ppl over after asking them if they're ok with it that is.

#22 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the input and suggestions! We'll take this weekend's event feedback with us into the future.

#23 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

I think from now on for all RvRs those that place in the top 3 should get extra rewards as motivation for actually trying. Most of the time when I go to RvR I see maybe about only half the team trying and the other half afking or dieing without trying.

Maybe Wrapping Papers for 3rd, Papers + Spin for 2nd, and Papers + Spin + Insurance for 1st. Of course the boys in the office can decide that but you know, player feedback and such.

#24 Warnhal

Warnhal

Jedi of the Sea

• 90 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

That's another great suggestion. Thank you, Spud.

Also, the rewards from the weekend RvR event will be distributed tonight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mailbox!

#25 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't have my reward yet ;o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users