im new to dragonica need help in this build - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

im new to dragonica need help in this build

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

here is something i have been working on its a build on a mage i want it for pve not for pvp so tell me what you think and what you would change for pve only ty :lol: here is the link http://image-storage...010151015510000

#2 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Im no shaman person but you have no revive>.>

#3 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

Not bad. As a 4 timing Shaman (as in I made freaking 4 priests and played them all. >.>) I can give you some suggestions.

Your skill tree is actually pretty good.
- Slow heal is needed during the grind from lv 20-40. Good of you to pick on that.
- I do suggest Magic Enhance for at least lv 20-40. It's optional from then on since you should conserve your points.
- Rain of Fire and Spark Rock should be maxed, since those are pretty much your attack skills, so that is right.
-Get Ressurection to at least lv 1, max lv 2. You'll never have to revive more than one person, and the range is pretty short anyway. Have on hand just in case.
- Detection is not needed. You could put points into it if you have some leftover, but I don't advise that.
- For Shaman, you have the option for HP Restore. This is actually a choice, since it does heal pretty well. You can decide whether to have HP Restore or Slow Heal. Slow Heal is more mp efficient and is % based, but HP Restore could heal more and is MATK based. You decide which one you should have. Oh, and I suggest HP Restore lv 3.
- The Barrier skills are useful. Perfect Seal I heard is very useful for bossing since you can still do your normal attacks. The long cooldown turns me off ( and I dont know about it at lv5). The other barrier and upgrade can also be useful since you can still heal, but I would say that Perfect Seal is more points efficient.
- DO NOT GET BLESSING OR CHAIN LIGHTNING! Blessing may say %, but it's based on your base stats, not the total. Chain Lightning doesn't stun the monsters effectively when I used it, and usually gives them a chance to get a couple of hits on you.
- Striking is good. Get it maxed if you want.
- Cast Acceleration is a must for me. Makes Spark Rock a lot more appealing since it cuts Spark cast to 0.5.
- Do not get Quagmire. It's useful for pvp, but since you said more pve based, do not get it.
- The Mana Arch is useless. Do not waste points on this skill. Just stack up on MP pots.
- Flashing and Witch's Frog are useful for pvp, but don't put points if your intention is pve.

Those are my suggestions. Pitch in here any time other Shamans. : DD

#4 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

@ darkwyvern thanks a lot for your advice looks like your an expert for this ^.^ i made some minor changes since i dont pvp and i really want it just for like grind like crazy to get pro :lol: this are the changed i made :lol: please tell me what you think :(

i hope i copy the right one lol ty :(

http://image-storage...010001015510000

#5 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:53 AM

http://image-storage.co.uk/nicco/dsim/?2_70_0_000000001505505515000011512550051153010001015510000

Maybe this.

Level 5 Diffusion Cannon AND Double shot is useless.

Since you wanted to PvE, you should either max wide heal or instant heal. I prefer maxing wide heal because with casting acceleration, you cast for only 0.2 seconds which is basically nothing. And I use instant heal as a backup heal.

Getting magic enhancement is a useless skill as MATK +100 at level 70 is nothing.

ETC ETC.

I might have left some out or made a mistake since it's pretty early in the morning.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 12 October 2010 - 06:18 AM.

#6 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

http://image-storage.co.uk/nicco/dsim/?2_70_0_000000001505505515000011512550051153010001015510000

That should be fine. Just remember to leave Magic Enhance at lv1 when you get to Shaman/Priest. From the 40s up, you won't need Magic Enhancement, only great for the grind from lv 1-40.
2nd job change you should leave diffusion at lv 2, that way to have some points saved.
Sanctuary is good up until lv 40 for bossing as well. Put points in it if you want, or you can save up. But since you get HP Restore, then it's less needed in the higher lvs.
Do max out Wide Heal or Instant Heal like what ABC said. Once again, it's preference.

And basically you're good to go. ^__^ Remember to carry lots of mp pots, because I noticed that Cast Acceleration sometimes takes a toll on mp after awhile.

Edited by DarkWyvern, 12 October 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#7 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

i see your point on making difusion maxed it doesnt add much % maxed i guess it wont make much of a diff maxing it or keeping it at lvl 2 to save points i also noticed you got focus and wide heal to lvl 10 it says you need monster card do i have to get something else to lvl them up or i just keep upgrading them? remember im a nabby :lol: i guess its better if i upgrade wide heal instead of working on sanctuary but what about striking? inst wide heal enough to heal with potions and insead of getting instant heal i could work striking since wide heal kinda does the job together with hp bottles i guess im a nabby so im asking your opinion :lol:

#8 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

i see your point on making difusion maxed it doesnt add much % maxed i guess it wont make much of a diff maxing it or keeping it at lvl 2 to save points i also noticed you got focus and wide heal to lvl 10 it says you need monster card do i have to get something else to lvl them up or i just keep upgrading them? remember im a nabby :lol: i guess its better if i upgrade wide heal instead of working on sanctuary but what about striking? inst wide heal enough to heal with potions and insead of getting instant heal i could work striking since wide heal kinda does the job together with hp bottles i guess im a nabby so im asking your opinion :lol:

Don't level up the skills that gives you + MATK or ATK. Those get useless in higher levels.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 12 October 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#9 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Monsters cards are these items you get for completing your daily monster hunts. ( quests from the wanted board) If you get two of the same cards with the same effect, you can fuse them to make a normal monster card, allowing you to equip it to a piece of equipment. Also allows you to upgrade further for the skill benefit it provides.

That might be too much hassle, so you don't have to do that.

Striking is one of your good buffs. It provides you a attack boost, and while it might be tedious to re-apply the buff, it is going to be useful. At least for the first couple of lvs.

As for Wide heal, you can max it at lv 5 if you want (remember to keep Cast Acceleration on) and instead of working on Sanctuary you can put the points into Instant Heal, around lv 3. That way in case you can't cast Wide Heal, you still have Instant Heal.

EDIT: DANG ABC, YOU BEAT ME TO IT. : O

Edited by DarkWyvern, 12 October 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#10 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

Monsters cards are these items you get for completing your daily monster hunts. ( quests from the wanted board) If you get two of the same cards with the same effect, you can fuse them to make a normal monster card, allowing you to equip it to a piece of equipment. Also allows you to upgrade further for the skill benefit it provides.

That might be too much hassle, so you don't have to do that.

Striking is one of your good buffs. It provides you a attack boost, and while it might be tedious to re-apply the buff, it is going to be useful. At least for the first couple of lvs.

As for Wide heal, you can max it at lv 5 if you want (remember to keep Cast Acceleration on) and instead of working on Sanctuary you can put the points into Instant Heal, around lv 3. That way in case you can't cast Wide Heal, you still have Instant Heal.

EDIT: DANG ABC, YOU BEAT ME TO IT. : O

There's a guide for monster cards here.

#11 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

thanks a lot :lol: i guess im not gonna go to dragon saga as nab as i thought :lol: imma pwn muahahaah ty you both are really nice ^.^

#12 macnej

macnej

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

sir how about my build.. any suggestions?

http://image-storage...100001015510000

Edited by macnej, 31 December 2010 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users