[R] Xmas event - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[R] Xmas event

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#26 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

how do you start the raccoon quest?

#27 Artamie

Artamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

how do you start the raccoon quest?

You go to the shop in Lutie at X:172, Y:131 and talk to the Shopkeeper inside.

Edit: Hum... so I turned in 100 cookies and I failed again but this time I told off the raccoon so it gave me 3 Christmas Music Box and told me to find the other raccoons. So I guess maybe you get better stuff with 200, I'll try again some other time, this is really exhausting. I saw a music box accessory being vended in town, maybe this has something to do with it?

:p_sad:

Edited by Artamie, 20 December 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#28 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

i talked to the shop keeper and she keeps saying the same thing... no quest log or anything...

#29 Artamie

Artamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hmm that's strange, maybe you have to talk to one of the promotion raccoons outside 1st? Anyways it might be for the better because I'm becoming increasingly more convinced that this quest is definitely glitched.

Edit: Ok I'm pretty darn convinced now I just fed over 200 stolen cookies to raccoon no. 15 without so much as a quest update or anything, I fed all the other ones too but they just keep eating your items. Unless this is a sadistic quest where your turn-in's net you like 5-10% chance of progressing through the dialogue my next question is can I send in a ticket for this? That's a lot of hours of cookies I lost, which I have been gathering since servers came back up today...
:p_cry:

Going to go collapse out of exhaustion now, good luck with the quest guys! Oh but here's a short list of the raccoons I've found in case it becomes useful later.

1) 99, 212 look a bit south and it should be past the fence, asks for 20 xmas cookies.

2) Lutie:130, 156 asks for 20 xmas cookies.

3) Lutie: 184, 101 20 stolen cookies.

5) Lutie: 180, 149 asks for 20 stolen candies.

7) Lutie: 211, 159 asks for 20 stolen candies.

10) Lutie: 127, 96 asks for 20 xmas cookies.

11) Lutie Tool Shop, asks for 20 stolen cookies.

12) south of #10, asks for nothing.

15) a little bit north of #2, asks for 20 stolen cookies.

17) east of #3 asks for 20 xmas cookies.

19) 167, 235 asks for 10 xmas cookies.

20) In the house directly west of #2, asks for 10 xmas cookies.

23) Lutie: 111, 271 asks for nothing.

24) Lutie: 211, 127 asks for 20 stolen cookies.

25) Inside Santa's House

:p_swt:

Edited by Artamie, 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#30 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Yeah. I made the guide earlier. But I don't have rights to post guides on the front page of iro wiki. x-x

Added it to the main page. It'd be great if others help populate the page too.

#31 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

she just says the raccoons are getting more and more and shes not having any sales ... someone started a rumor? who was it? do you know?......... thats all she says to me over and over....

#32 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Added it to the main page. It'd be great if others help populate the page too.

heroes of the day hahaha... It's just sad the hat is not as god as rudolf hairband last year (do you happy to farm piece of cake? nooo)

#33 nedric

nedric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

:wub: they are "renting" our cookies. I guess this quest is for polar bear head.. the hardness fit in the reward so

#34 makki08

makki08

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

I think this is similar to the Christmas Event of pRO. And if it is, i think you have to talk to particular raccoons in order.

Here's the guide:

http://ragnarok.leve...mas-event-2012/

Hope it helps.

Edited by makki08, 21 December 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#35 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I think this is similar to the Christmas Event of pRO. And if it is, i think you have to talk to particular raccoons in order.

Here's the guide:

http://ragnarok.leve...mas-event-2012/

Hope it helps.

Looks like it. I've prepared a wikified version for the quest; if anyone can confirm it I'll push it online.

#36 Chara

Chara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Edited by Chara, 27 March 2023 - 05:23 AM.

#37 bszhutou

bszhutou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

i follow the guide but still got nothing :(

#38 Tenx

Tenx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

how about this one?, from mRO

http://ro3.gameflier...ect=news&id=534

Posted Image

Event Reward:
Polar Bear Cap, costume of polar bear cap, christmas clother costume,and etc

:hmm:

#39 miraitru2002

miraitru2002

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

This is frustrating have 100 xmas cookies and stolen candies just so 2 of them would go to the captain but they just keep eating all the quest items without doing anything and when I do go to the captain, he just repeats me to go to the same ones that are bugged.

Please fix the freaking quest, people spend hours farming and not noticing its bugged.

#40 makki08

makki08

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Okay, so i've just finished the quest in pRO. The quest basically goes something like this:

1. Talk to the Shopkeeper and she will ask for Stolen Candies, Stolen Cookies, and Bag of Selling Goods (10 of each in pRO's case).
2. After bringing her the items above, talk to the Raccoon Hooray Clerk.
3. The Raccoon Hooray clerk will ask you to go talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain in Prontera.
4. Go to Prontera and talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain. The Captain will ask for some Christmas Cookies. (I think the Captain said to bring him at least 50, so that's what i did).
5. After bringing the Captain his cookies, he will still ask you to get some more. In this case, refuse his request and choose the option to "get my reward".
6. Talk to the Captain again. This time, he will request for you to bring him 5 of his Racoon family members who are located in Lutie.
7. Go to Lutie and find these 5 raccoons. Each of these raccoons will ask for something. It could either be a Stolen Candy, Stolen Cookie, or Christmas Cookie. See Artamie's post above for reference.
- If you want the Polar Bear Cap Costume, talk to Raccoon #s 2, 5, 12, 20, 25 in that order.
- If you want the regular Polar Bear Cap headgear, talk to Raccoon #s 1, 2, 5, 15, 25 in that order.
8. After talking to the 5 Raccoons that you chose, go back to the Captain in Prontera to get your reward.

Note: This quest was done on pRO so I can't assure you that it will work on iRO as well. If it does though, hope someone can confirm it for other people's reference. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Edited by makki08, 21 December 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#41 miniheal

miniheal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

yea it's bugged, the raccoons just keep eating ur cookies without giving u quest completion - i fed raccoon 2, 5, 12, 20, 25 in order and they kept wanting to eat more :\

Edited by miniheal, 21 December 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#42 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Greedy Racoons just ate our cookies for nothing :p_sleep:

#43 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Okay, so i've just finished the quest in pRO. The quest basically goes something like this:

1. Talk to the Shopkeeper and she will ask for Stolen Candies, Stolen Cookies, and Bag of Selling Goods (10 of each in pRO's case).
3. The Raccoon Hooray clerk will ask you to go talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain in Prontera.
4. Go to Prontera and talk to the Raccoon Hooray Captain. The Captain will ask for some Christmas Cookies. (I think the Captain said to bring him at least 50, so that's what i did).
5. After bringing the Captain his cookies, he will still ask you to get some more. In this case, refuse his request and choose the option to "get my reward".
6. Talk to the Captain again. This time, he will request for you to bring him 5 of his Racoon family members who are located in Lutie.
7. Go to Lutie and find these 5 raccoons. Each of these raccoons will ask for something. It could either be a Stolen Candy, Stolen Cookie, or Christmas Cookie. See Artamie's post above for reference.
- If you want the Polar Bear Cap Costume, talk to Raccoon #s 2, 5, 12, 20, 25 in that order.
- If you want the regular Polar Bear Cap headgear, talk to Raccoon #s 1, 2, 5, 15, 25 in that order.
8. After talking to the 5 Raccoons that you chose, go back to the Captain in Prontera to get your reward.

Note: This quest was done on pRO so I can't assure you that it will work on iRO as well. If it does though, hope someone can confirm it for other people's reference. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

The problem already lies in the method since there is no polar bear hat or costume. So I'd go with the iroWiki version instead...

#44 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I've been told it still doesn't work either. And given the workload the GMs must be going through, it might take some time.

Greedy Racoons just ate our cookies for nothing :p_sleep:

To be fair, they did steal the cookies in the first place, so what were we expecting when we gave them back? :p_devil:

#45 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I have the same problem as Facekiller. Shop keeper doesn't do anything but talk, and no quest log entry or anything. :p_sad:

#46 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

i sent a ticket in last night cuz it wouldnt even let me start the quest

#47 elfiepie

elfiepie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

just for you to know people, i made the quest like this but that crazy racoon in prontera still wants his family...

#48 nedric

nedric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

i sent a ticket in last night cuz it wouldnt even let me start the quest

ive received a message that character who has completed the santa roudolf hat quest cannot receive the quest of polar bear hat.
so try to do it with the order another way round

Edited by nedric, 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#49 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

ive received a message that character who complete the santa roudolf hat quest cannot receive the quest of polar bear hat.

WHAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p_omg: :wah:

#50 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

WTF??? Why would they make the quest that way? especially when the santa quest is listed first on the event page AND its a more prominent quest when you enter lutie... im not making a new character just to do the quest all over again

Edited by Facekiller, 21 December 2012 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users