Post Merge: ALL CHAR SLOT EMPTY - FIX INSIDE - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Post Merge: ALL CHAR SLOT EMPTY - FIX INSIDE

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

You must have a fully updated client executable in order to access characters on the new merged Renewal server. If your client missed a patch (which will always happen if you don't run the patcher as admin on Vista/7/8), and you attempt to connect using the old client, each char slot will appear empty, but you will not be able to create characters in them (thankfully).

The fix for this is very simple.
  • Exit all RO clients.
  • Download http://drazzy.com/patch/2012-11-15.zip
  • Open that file, it will contain "patch.inf". Copy this to your RO folder, replacing the existing patch.inf.
  • Run Ragnarok Online as administrator and allow it to patch. Your characters will now be visible.
If the client does not download new patches at step 4, either you didn't replace patch.inf, or windows prevented you from replacing patch.inf. In the latter case, move the RO folder to a location outside of program files, and repeat the process.

If this results in a non-working client:
  • Sprite errors not associated with a champion wreath on one of your chars - You're in UAC hell (and you were going to eventually run into this). Uninstall game, reinstall it. During installation process, click the Advanced button when it is presented to you, and choose to install to a location outside of program files. Start the game, allow it to patch, and it should work.
  • No ClientInfo File, followed by other errors. Run classic client patcher, click start to open classic client. Now open a renewal client, and close the classic client. You will need to repeat this step every time you want to start a RO client when there are no other open RO clients (until this bug is fixed by the developers).

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 April 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#2 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

ooooooh that is what happen to meeeeeeeeeeeee I was so scared...coz i got the sprite thingy on one of my chars coz ot the champions wreath xD and i just read this and I have reinstaled and repatched the game like a 8173928471035910 times!!!! ty for posting this /ene

#3 D4rkxius

D4rkxius

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

just a little question.
Do will lost our champion wreath?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

just a little question.
Do will lost our champion wreath?

Champ wreath will stay, we just need the GMs to push out a client patch so it won't error out.

#5 ShiryouOni

ShiryouOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley
  • Server:Loki... Classic

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Fantastic work as usual Azzy, Thanks.

#6 jlem

jlem

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

NICE got back my character thanks DrAzz ,NO. 1 :thx:

#7 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Note that the classic patch client for 2012-12-11 includes an outdated version of the renewal client (ragexe.exe), likely by mistake. As a result, if your renewal installation is up to date but your classic installation has not been patched since 2012-12-11, patching classic will overwrite your renewal client with an older, non-functional version and you will need to reset+repatch renewal.

To prevent this, I suggest (to the staff) commenting out the line "60 2012-12-11data_gm_rag.rgz" in cpatch.txt.

#8 ShadowArchy

ShadowArchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Anyone, Please help me!
For some reason, I keep getting no characters in screen, So once i fix that it works fine
FOR ONE PLAY ON THE GAME.
So once i get back online, I find my character is Unable to move, And the only way to close the game is ALT+F4 and this happens for all my characters. I have had to re install the game multiple times now and i cant figure out what the problem is, It may be that when i Swap out MirAI into the USER_AI Folder something goes wrong, But i cant find the EXACT issue. Help??

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Anyone, Please help me!
For some reason, I keep getting no characters in screen, So once i fix that it works fine
FOR ONE PLAY ON THE GAME.
So once i get back online, I find my character is Unable to move, And the only way to close the game is ALT+F4 and this happens for all my characters. I have had to re install the game multiple times now and i cant figure out what the problem is, It may be that when i Swap out MirAI into the USER_AI Folder something goes wrong, But i cant find the EXACT issue. Help??

The unable to move issue is probably the usual mouse-pointer issue. See if alt+tabbing to a different program and back fixes it.

#10 ramkia

ramkia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic, Renewal, Restart

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Ty DrAzzy! It worked for me too :)

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

To prevent this, I suggest (to the staff) commenting out the line "60 2012-12-11data_gm_rag.rgz" in cpatch.txt.

I did this and it still overwrote my exe when I played classic...

#12 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I did this and it still overwrote my exe when I played classic...

Yeah, my suggestion was for Gravity staff. The patch client overwrites your cpatch.txt every time it runs.

#13 RavenCyde

RavenCyde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCT, USA
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

• No ClientInfo File, followed by other errors. Run classic client patcher, click start to open classic client. Now open a renewal client, and close the classic client. You will need to repeat this step every time you want to start a RO client when there are no other open RO clients (until this bug is fixed by the developers).

I get the same error for the Classic Client. Can't get into RO whatsoever. ><

#14 Bo0nji

Bo0nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

tried it and still all my characters slots are empty and yes i did do run it on admin.

#15 Bo0nji

Bo0nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

and yes i did all the step on the first post and another suggestion to delete patc patch_allow and patch 2

#16 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Azzy care more about Ragnarok than WarpPortal and Gravity combined. Not saying that the staff dont do their job. Just saying that they are not doing it as good :D.

#17 Bafford

Bafford

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

tried this fix and I still don't see any characters nor can I create any on Chaos Server saying the character name already exists and slots are empty..... How can I fix it?!

#18 Angel67

Angel67

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm a new player here, no matter how many times I created the characters, it still appear " the character already exist ". =(
Is there any solution for it ?

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm a new player here, no matter how many times I created the characters, it still appear " the character already exist ". =(
Is there any solution for it ?

Your characters are there but you can't see them because your client is not updated.

Follow the instructions at the top of this thread to force the patcher to update the client.

#20 Bo0nji

Bo0nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

You must have a fully updated client executable in order to access characters on the new merged Renewal server. If your client missed a patch (which will always happen if you don't run the patcher as admin on Vista/7/8), and you attempt to connect using the old client, each char slot will appear empty, but you will not be able to create characters in them (thankfully).

The fix for this is very simple.

• Exit all RO clients.
  • Download http://drazzy.com/patch/2012-11-15.zip
  • Open that file, it will contain "patch.inf". Copy this to your RO folder, replacing the existing patch.inf.
  • Run Ragnarok Online as administrator and allow it to patch. Your characters will now be visible.
If the client does not download new patches at step 4, either you didn't replace patch.inf, or windows prevented you from replacing patch.inf. In the latter case, move the RO folder to a location outside of program files, and repeat the process.

If this results in a non-working client:
  • You get sprite errors at char select and one of your chars is wearing a champion wreath. This is a known issue that must be corrected by the GM team. Please be patient.
  • Sprite errors not associated with a champion wreath on one of your chars - You're in UAC hell (and you were going to eventually run into this). Uninstall game, reinstall it. During installation process, click the Advanced button when it is presented to you, and choose to install to a location outside of program files. Start the game, allow it to patch, and it should work.

i tried this and it doesnt work any other ideas or gravity is not planning on not helping

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

When you replaced the patch.inf, did it repatch from november when you next started the patcher?

#22 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

The unable to move issue is probably the usual mouse-pointer issue. See if alt+tabbing to a different program and back fixes it.

That issue is so freaking annoying. The worst is when it'll happen mid-mob or something. Is there any way to prevent it?

#23 Bo0nji

Bo0nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

when i repatch it starts at november 15

#24 Bo0nji

Bo0nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

as well my kafra storage is empty from ym server

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

when i repatch it starts at november 15

Correct behavior, the file I told you to use forces repatch from nov 15.

as well my kafra storage is empty from ym server

It sounds like you can enter the game if you can see storage. So the client is working correctly, right? That's great news!

If you were from a server other than Ymir, you need to open the appropriate storage for that server. Not all Kafra's show them - the popular ones in pront and the one in eden group definitely do, though. And yes, you need to move your crap from the alt storage to main storage over the next few months :-/

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users