Oldschooler Returning - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Oldschooler Returning

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Przekwas

Przekwas

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Right-o, as the title says I'm an oldschooler. The last time I played was when iRO only had Chaos/Loki as servers, and 2-1 classes were fresh and awesome. So upon reading a lot of different threads around these forums I've come to the conclusion that the only thing I have going for me is my nostalgia. I had only two characters (and intend to do the same level of dedication), one was a merchant meant to be a vendor only. The other was my FS aco and later priest. I remember the horrors of heal bombing zombies for days on end. Dying to swarms of bats in the payalon (spelling? Been a while .. ) dungeon, and then heal bombing all of my SP on one zombie in the graveyards. I remember spending many days getting to know my fellow acos and priests as we all huddled in the cross in the middle of the graveyard. Priests, for the most part, existed for our safety and would give us little acos a helping hand with SP regen, emergency heals, and rezzes when they saw us die against the angry and normally laggy zombies. I more-than repaid the favor to those kind priests before me. I loved to spend time on that cross helping my acolyte brethren. I was on a first-name basis with a lot of the regulars there! I also remember the fun of following a wizard around and healing the crap outta' him as he obliterated tons of mobs with aoe. Ah .. rose-colored goggles are nice, eh? :lol:

However, the times they are a-changin'. I'm going to play again and am obviously going to need a lot of time relearning the old stuff and adapting to the new. I plan on having two characters, my vendor and my main. I don't like rolling alts as the grass is never any greener on the other side or so I've learned. I'm not looking to make a strong solo character to farm billions of zenny and look all pretty at 99/x. The most fun is to be had making friends, goofing around in parties, and the journey to the end. As such, I would love to roll another support character. It's a rough start, I know. I imagine it's a tad easier than back in the day, though! Though I have incredibly fond memories of my FS Priest, what are my other options these days? I can research the more detailed info such as stat and skill builds - but I'm just curious as to what's "in-demand" these days. No one would turn down the help of a FS priest following them around. So yea .. any comments would be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users