Need help with Hindsight Sorcerer Build - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with Hindsight Sorcerer Build

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Anybody could guide me how to make a hindsight build? Well I'm planning to make one but I don't know how to make it? All guides already pointing to150/50, so I'm wandering if there a guide that shows hindsight build started from 99/1 to 150/50. This would make the process easier as I'm bad at planning things @_@. Would nice if there a video shows how hindsight+spellfist working.

#2 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

With a simple search on YouTube:

There's more videos there if you want to see them.

I figure you already know what Fist spell does, if not then you can check the Wiki which explains everything well enough.

Well you start off by getting Spell Fist then focus on summons. Either focus on using the water one for Matk or the wind one for a nice ASPD boost. Striking would be nice too. Other than that you can then grab some Aoe skills but you'd probably end up focusing on casting rather than Ctrl+clicking since killing monsters one by one around levels 110+ just becomes way too slow. My sorc started out as hindsight, but I ended up getting too lazy cause of impatience and ended up just giving people SP in TI parties to level. Other than that idk what else to say as far as leveling goes because killing 1 monster at a time = no no.

Stats you probably already know, but as a 99 Scholar your stats should be AGI and INT at 9x and some DEX (maybe 5-6x for now) just so Fist Spell procs once you have it. Once you have a decent amount of DEX to hit, you can focus on either STR to raise pure melee damage or LUK to get some more Crit, Matk, Atk, Hit and Flee. I went LUK because it adds a little bit of plenty of things. As a 150 Hindsight sorc, my stats look like this:

STR: 1
AGI: 100
VIT: 18
INT: 100
DEX: 100
LUK: 100

Feel free to adjust it to your liking. You may want more VIT for survival and STR for melee damage, skip LUK entirely, or reduce some DEX to add into any of the other stats. At 99 though, my stats were 90 INT/AGI and some DEX and kept raising it until I got 70, then I got LUK around 60 and focused on getting INT/AGI to 100 followed by DEX then LUK and finally VIT. I rarely did level solo by killing stuff one by one due to laziness lol, and as I've said, the suuuuper slowness of Ctrl+clicking at high levels.

Do you also need gear advice? If so then I'll just edit tomorrow. I'm beat. /yawn

Hope this helps though.

#3 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Okay, that's really informative but I need more explanation on skill and of course gears.

#4 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

And some additional, how gonna I restock my spellfist ASAP?

Edited by aziz97, 22 December 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#5 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Free Cast 10. Really important! Otherwise you'll converge the bolts much slower. This defines the time between you cast a Bolt skill and you converge it with Spell Fist.

Hindsight 4 is pre-req for Spell Fist as you may know. However, I stopped using Hindsight in the moment I got Spell Fist. They don't combine each other very well (any skill delay hinders the Spell Fisting).

Siroma and Imp cards. Vital for both Cold Bolt and Fire Bolt. You can use Alchemy Gloves at Lv125 for further increasing Spell Fist (Fire Bolt) damage. Don't use those gloves if you're using Cold Bolt because the gloves weaken water attacks.

Good staves. Hopely one-handed because you can keep a good ASPD with it. Two-handed ones will crush your ASPD. My suggestions are La'cryma Sticks or Lich's Bone Wands. Both of them are slotted so you can compound cards on them (BUT OF COURSE!!). I usually wield a Double Malicious (Hunter Fly card) La'cryma for the HP regain. You'll deal a lot of damage so you'llregain a lot of HP by chance. Or you can put magic racial cards on them. Or you can use the Skull Cap + Thorn Staff of Darkness combo if you can afford it (it's one handed too).

Summons? Aqua will be the most important summon for Spell Fist for the Matk bonus you'll get (Matk+120 if Aqua Lv3, Passive mode). You'll see how noticeable the damage increase will be in there. In other hand Ventus... Granted, it boosts your ASPD, but it cuts your Cast Time too. If wearing 2 Imp or Siroma cards and having high DEX, you'll have a very hard time converging your bolts.

Few months ago, I made a lil' video about my sorc Spell Fisting stuff in Manuk fields (Bradium Golems to be precise). Yes, it's rather clumsy. It's just a sample anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7NUVFjbb0

I'm not the least laggy ever but for me, it's very hard to converge bolts with Ventus.

Edited by NeoNilox, 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#6 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

You know from what I see of this a HS/Fist SORC for leveling is just an all around bad idea.

Perhaps having that build ounce you hit 150 would be ok but really for leveling it will be just totally sucky I think sadly. I didn't realize that Fist was a one use type of thing and not a time duration like HS is.

Also that calculation on the irowiki page for spell fist is very misleading. It says a level 5 spell fist adds +250% damage when really it's only 25%. Just look at the example they give:

The damage is done in one singular total. For example, if you used Level 5 Spell Fist, and each Bolt will do 500 damage, it will be that the enemy receives 6,250 damage in one single attack (if a Lv10 Bolt was converged). This is particularly helpful if you are using a card such as the Hunter Fly that rely on higher damage output at once as opposed to several smaller hits.

1250 damage extra is just 25% of 5k. +250% would be 17,500 damage in the example above. They should say that each level adds 5% damage in the equation and get rid of misleading info. Lol fixed the table info myself since it annoyed me.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Fist_Spell

Anyway main point of this post was to point out that it is NOT in anyway really a good leveling build but could be a good WoE or PvP oriented build don't know to much about them in that situation though.

EDIT: Hey Neo I just watched your Vid a bit and was wondering because I could never see your pointer on the screen lol. It also reminded me of the other major downside of Spell Fist is that you have to first target something with a bolt then interupt it to do anything. They should have it as cast SF and you can choose the bolt that way you walk on to the screen able to kill without having to see the guy and alert them to the damage coming or let them sense you. Forget that as I just realized you would die to often on the reload in the middle of fighting, although if it was duration instead of x number of hits it would be workable for places like Scarabs I am thinking.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#7 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Well, with the info you just edited, now it makes me think it adds +25% Spell Fist damage at Lv5 instead +250% Matk bonus.

It was: (Spell Fist 5, following the formula)
  • Converges Bolt 5 = 500% + 250%
  • Converges Bolt 7 = 700% + 250%
  • Converges Bolt 10 = 1000% + 250%

Now I see: (Spell Fist 5, following the interpretation)
  • Converges Bolt 5 = 500% + 125%
  • Converges Bolt 7 = 700% + 175%
  • Converges Bolt 10 = 1000% + 250%

I don't know what you think now, but now it looks even more misleading under my eyes.

Anyway, in my vid I recorded a replay. not a live gameplay.

#8 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Oh, i wonder how do you restock your spellfist ASAP especially during fight? One more thing, how i gonna manage my skill points and what should i get for my gear other than alchem glove and imp/siroma card?

#9 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

One more thing is, can i just make a hindsight rather than making spellfist or it's not a good idea?

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

One more thing is, can i just make a hindsight rather than making spellfist or it's not a good idea?

I am not an authority on Hindsight/Spell Fist builds at all but I do know a couple things.

- In a HS build your atk speed was priority to proc the bolts, it didn't matter if the hits landed just that you swung away.

- Spell Fist however matters if it lands to deal it's damage so it's not all about atk speed but it is still important. OK guess I was wrong so I figure I better drop out of the discussion about it before I make more of a fool of myself lol.

- One MAJOR difference is that while a Soul Link Spouse for kahii would be beneficial for a Spell Fist build it's pretty much mandatory for a HS build to make it not suck in later levels.

Sadly these builds are just so anti-social rofl. Even with having to be "married" for one of them lol ;)

Edited by EvilLoynis, 24 December 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#11 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

- Spell Fist however matters if it lands to deal it's damage so it's not all about atk speed but it is still important.

I'm not sure what did you mean with that but... Let's say you have Hit 320, most normal attacks would miss against many Lv90+ foes, for Hindseer it doesn't matter because the bolts proc whether the hit misses or not. Spell Fist doesn't give a damn because each hit ignores flee.

@aziz97 Do you really know how Spell Fist works? You cast a Bolt skill against a foe, then you use Spell Fist while you're still casting the bolt skill. That's what I call "converging bolts".

Look up, this is very important:
  • You cast a Bolt skill against a foe.
  • [time]
  • You converge the bolt skill.

The [time] is defined by your ASPD, which means it's defined by Free Cast, so having Free Cast 10 is VITAL, specially if you cast time is short.

Anyway... look for some accesories that give Matk or such (RWC?), I've never seen them with my own eyes so I'm not sure in there. But IMO unless you rely in Lightning Bolt slotted accesories are even more important than those RWC gears I'd dare to say (unless RWCs are slotted). This is because you can use Imp and Siroma cards in those accesories. Without those cards you'll lose a lot of potential.

One more thing: Double Bolt does NOT affect Spell Fist at all but it does affect Hindsight (Bolt skill).

#12 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Oh, now i get it but i'm still blur on gears. Neo can i know what gears do u applied to ur sorc? I have seen ur video and the damage output is quick nice. Based on the video I could judge that Aqua is more useful for spellfister while Ventus is perfectly for hindsighter. I wonder do i need to get Striking at least lv 1?

#13 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Gears, huh? In the vid I used...Buffs?Yes, mostly Flee stuff, that's how I could survive most of my foes during my Spell Fisting carrier. I use the Aqua armor when I face some foes with Wateball, namely Nagas and Aqua Elementals, plus Magic Rod 5 to absorb the hits (I still lose SP per hit when Energy Coat is on).

Getting Striking or not depends on you only. I got Striking but not for myself but to buff my partymates. But it's very useful for a Soldier Sorcerer (STR Hindseer) and for Varetyr Spear too. And if you're going to get Striking, get it to Lv5 instead Lv1. It'll drain a lot of SP at Lv1 (5 SP/sec, 1 SP/sec at Lv5, keeps SP recovery). And Striking is no pre-req of any other skill anyway.

One more thing, If you're going to get Striking, get all of your endows maxed. Having them maxed gives extra Atk+100 (Atk+5 per endow level, 4 endows, 5 levels each).

For armor cards... you could try... *hmm* possibly more elemental cards, or an Agav Card to buff magic damage.

You know... there's a couple of gear I wanted to try but my budget is too tight for it btw. I'm talking about an Orleans' Gown (Alicel Card) and a +9 Skin of Ventus (Nine Tail Card). High flee + uninterruptable casting. But I don't know...

#14 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hmm, i would like to apply +7~+9 immune valk manteau as it gives perfect dodge. Plus, i would like to put pest card in my +6 orlean gown instead of alicel card even though it gives flee. I wonder what is ur stats build?

#15 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

My stats... *hmm*

Base stats:
  • STR 1
  • AGI 100
  • VIT 69
  • INT 100
  • DEX 60
  • LUK 27

Not that much. Frankly I rely in Flee rather than Perfect Dodge unless I can pull PD over 70%. And I'm not very fond of the redux gears unless I can keep my Flee high.

#16 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Ah, so u're not making dex 90+. At least that can give some points on VIT for survivability. Neo, can i have the list of gears and cards that increase FLEE rate. It would be a pleasure :p_smile:

#17 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

This may help.

I don't know how to search for cards that give Flee since iW Database doesn't offer such feature. But I know...
There may be other cards I don't know though...

#18 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Gee, thx. I'm getting something now. Just wanna know, how do u contribute in TI?

#19 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Give SP to people.

#20 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

thats only @_@. well in that case, i can focus on be sp-slave. If i'm a caster i'll concetrated on atk mobs so i die easily. Oh yes Gina, what do u apply for ur gears?

#21 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

...and why no Endows or Striking? Or the good old magic floors? (at least Volcano 3, Deluge 3, and Whirlwind 4) Or Insignias?

#22 aziz97

aziz97

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

i just learn about spellfist. Any ideas about hindsight build :hmm:

#23 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

thats only @_@. well in that case, i can focus on be sp-slave. If i'm a caster i'll concetrated on atk mobs so i die easily. Oh yes Gina, what do u apply for ur gears?

I'm using caster gears right now, but when I used to play Hindsight I focused on autocast gears since it just looked cool :x

Top H: +7 Snake Head (Vanberk carded). I sometimes switch to Kettle Hat when fighting fire stuff.
Middle H: Filir's Pinions
Lower H: CD in Mouth
Weapon: +10 Ledger of Death (Hatii and Bloody Knight carded)
Armor: +7 Orleans Gown INT+3 (Porcellio carded)
Garment: +4 Skin of Ventus (Kavach Icarus carded)
Shoes: +9 Diabolus Boots (Firelock Soldier carded)
Acc 1: Ring of Flame Lord
Acc 2: Cursed Hand (Owl Baron carded)

Yes I went mostly hindsight since I prefer just Ctrl+clicking primarily due to laziness and because I have a linker slave for mere Sage linking.

#24 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Was your build a kind of Soldier Sage?

#25 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I guess. Though I only had 1 STR, I was still able to hit about 700+ per melee due to the weapon refinement and endow on Dark Priests. I also had some LUK to raise Atk (about 50ish) back when I was leveling at Dark Priests. Forgot how much I was hitting with Striking on other monsters though, but yea sort of Soldier Sage I guess ;p

Atm thinking of resetting though. I need more VIT lol, I only cared about damage hoaring back then either with casting or autocasting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users