What class should I play if I want to auto-attack? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What class should I play if I want to auto-attack?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Shonosuke

Shonosuke

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

In both PvM as in PvP?

Played on IRO a long time ago and had a crit sin which I loved but I heard that isn't really effective in PvP.

Was thinking either a sin,knight or hunter.

Also is combo monk still a thing?

#2 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Are you playing on classic or renewal?

#3 Shonosuke

Shonosuke

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Are you playing on classic or renewal?

Haven't started yet but most likely renewal unless auto-attack is a lot more viable on classic

#4 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Just say no to assassin.
They are parasite in any TI party.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Crit assassins are annoying to gear.

Also known as: You have to work on a KVM katar since DAY ONE.

Other thing you need to have is "independency". Aka mood to level without parties. To do this, you usually have to spend many zeny in items like Poison Bottles and potions, and be able to level alone, mobbing on either turnin maps or others.

The most common ctrl-click class nowadays to level is the hunter, because you have a strong skill in your weaponry, called Arrow Storm. Leveling will be a breeze with it, as long as you get the gears to complete the White Wing set, a effort which requires you only a couple amount of coins you can get for free.

#6 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

not really... as an assassin class, you just need to make sure you recruit for the TI parties yourself, mob with high dodge gears in TI parties, find good friends / guildies, as you lvl up who would love to have you around... its not as painfull as you guys make it out to be :<

and as for gearing an assassin up, its not that hard.. as it is you need to lvl up with TI parties 70+ (before which the eden gear should suffice), so make sure you mob with like 2 fortunes swords and all that..and once you go third class, the sapha set is easily acquirable, and for a weapon you can get the BG weapon, and you can eventually work towards your kvm... but agreed a GX is just not the same without their kvm weapon.. pvm and pvp

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Y U NO PARTY SINS????

#8 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Cause with TI parties everyone wants easy mode zzz leveling

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

The best auto attacker in both pvp and pvm is ranger. GX is the best pvp auto-attacker if you don't count dances with wargs, but they aren't too useful in PVM just auto-attacking.

Fun/challenging auto-attackers: Wanderer ! Arch Bishop !

#10 NerfSuras

NerfSuras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Agi rks with vellum katzbalger? Seems decent in PvP

#11 Ryleigh

Ryleigh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Totally suggesting battle AB for auto-attacking.

No one expects a battle AB.

#12 Jowgen

Jowgen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationLocation Not Found
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Could always do a combo monk. They are self-sustaining to a point with heal and the ability to regenerate certain amounts of SP. Not the quickest, but efficient.

#13 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

This ranger isn't even using a white wing set or fear breeze.

#14 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

If you want easy mode go with Ranger. If you ultimately want to use this character a lot in PvP/WoE, pick Rune Knight or GX.

A good Rune Knight is probably the best all around. You can ctrl click with 2 hand swords and sword quicken give you really high aspd. You can kill with crush strike. You can kill with dragon breath. The Runes make you a super strong tank(60k - 70k hp) that is immune to most status effects and can block attacks with millennium shield. High end KvM weapon is nice but not totally necessary.

#15 ODarksoulX

ODarksoulX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Or you could go Combo monk/champion you can just get Raging trifecta 10 and if you're fighting something worth fighting, you could pot a bit and you'd be ok. You could even do combo sura but there's no real point in that. As a champion though, You should get Gfist too though. It's really one of the best skills any class could hope to get(1 shots normal monsters, alot of bosses and most players if they're not using a ghostring card or decent racial /element property reduc). Same for Snap.(Teleports you to anywhere in a straight line in any direction)

Edited by ODarksoulX, 25 December 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#16 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

pdodge gear/backslide + cursed circle = the best pullers in the game. they can pull with WAY less damage recieved and 10 times faster than any other "tank". if the GX and Sura develope good timing, the AB won't even need to heal. just remind the GX that as soon as the sura circles he needs to be off mob'n again. this makes for a nonstop slaughter fest!

to answer the op ? just go ranger like everyone else out there that wants easy mode. you def won't regret it.

Edited by Brenson, 25 December 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#17 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Ranger is your best bet for class that's quite relax to play. Everyone loves rangers! Arrow storm, anyone?

Just say no to assassin.
They are parasite in any TI party.

That's for sin that sucks/don't know the class. I love to solo on my GX with EDP+Rolling cutter (Scaraba TI plz).

I miss the days when we had jup (non range) ti, awesome and fun mobbing in good ymir parties.

pdodge gear/backslide + cursed circle = the best pullers in the game. they can pull with WAY less damage recieved and 10 times faster than any other "tank". if the GX and Sura develope good timing, the AB won't even need to heal. just remind the GX that as soon as the sura circles he needs to be off mob'n again. this makes for a nonstop slaughter fest!

to answer the op ? just go ranger like everyone else out there that wants easy mode. you def won't regret it.

Good old days! I kind of hate it to miss kill counts doing that but it is soooooo much fun to have sooooo many mobs on us, isn't it!?

lol don't we always became annoyed when someone said sin sucks? next time if someone want to make such comment, better stat "noob sins","sins that doesn't know how to play their class". hmm...

Edited by aquaria, 25 December 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#18 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Guillotine Cross! 15k crits if they don't have maya P they wont even have time to react.

#19 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Totally suggesting battle AB for auto-attacking.

No one expects a battle AB.

A battle warlock is more unexpected :D Everyone always used to wonder why I was mobbing on my warlock instead of casting until I started Ctrl+clicking lmao.

But anyway, in PvP the only auto attackers I see are GXs, Rangers and VERY rarely, RKs.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

A battle warlock is more unexpected :D Everyone always used to wonder why I was mobbing on my warlock instead of casting until I started Ctrl+clicking lmao.

But anyway, in PvP the only auto attackers I see are GXs, Rangers and VERY rarely, RKs.

show me this in game ahha

#21 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Guillotine Cross! 15k crits if they don't have maya P they wont even have time to react.

Who doesn't have MPs?

For ctrl click, sinX in classic when ice pick is released.

#22 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

show me this in game ahha

Sure sure ;p I can show you tomorrow, just not today cause I'm busy with family stuff on Christmas.

I wish more people knew how well Battle warlocks are with Ctrl+clicking though. They're pretty devastating with CD and other Matk autocasts since their primary weapon is a SOD, and can get high ASPD since the weapon itself gives +10 AGI and they can use Berserk pots, and they get plenty of AGI from Job levels. It seems like the very very VERY few battle high wizards I see are always stuck with Dagger of Counter -_-

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

You can fight alongside my 193 aspd wanderer that also uses CD and RoFL heheh

#24 Ryleigh

Ryleigh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

This needs to be recorded. It will be magical.

#25 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

You can fight alongside my 193 aspd wanderer that also uses CD and RoFL heheh

That's impressive too. Wanderers themselves are pretty uncommon, let alone Ctrl+clickers ;o My warlock is only 109 though and then I stopped playing it, so don't expect it to be as strong as you :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users