Why was the Old Timer removed from Renewal? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why was the Old Timer removed from Renewal?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Old Sakray :V

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I recently logged into the merged server last night and took a look at my first character who I had made on sakray, Roda Frog_Sak, and found him in old payon where I had left him on ymir after they removed p2p on it. However, after I got on this morning, I discovered he had been forcibly moved to Prontera. I still had my ancient city key from iRO's 8th anniversary quest and tried to use it to get me back to old payon. But I found that Old Timer was missing. So I asked around until I found a few people in eden group. they directed me to where gramps had been, and I came back to report that he was missing. Then they started to get curious about old payon....and old RO in general. So, instead of being selfish and asking that I and only I get my character, Roda Frog_Sak forcibly warped back to old payon, I am suggesting making a quest that gives an item that warps you to Old Payon in the same way there is an item that warps you to Mora. The map data is obviously still in the game, as I was on the map last night. I am also wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with old morroc, since I assume it's map data is still in the game and I don't see why if we bring back old payon we shouldn't do the same to old morroc. I know this was already done on iRO's 8th anniversary because I was there, but as the fact stands the maps have once again been removed, even though I was told by a GM at the time that the maps were there to stay. Please tell me, is this possible?

#2 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Time Machine Capsule. Transports people to the era where RO Episode 1.0 was released. What a Yippee Hoo Haa this will be! But, to be honest, there are some things that needs doing, like cleaning up the stupid desctruction of Morroc. It's already been destroyed for a very long time and people have no mood to rebuild their town? Geez -.-

If cleaning up means adding a new content, why not call it Re-reincarnation of Satan Morroc.

Edited by matrixEXO, 27 December 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#3 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

But, to be honest, there are some things that needs doing, like cleaning up the stupid desctruction of Morroc. It's already been destroyed for a very long time and people have no mood to rebuild their town? Geez -.-

If cleaning up means adding a new content, why not call it Re-reincarnation of Satan Morroc.

Episode 14.3 was put onto kRO Sakray a few weeks ago. Within it contains Morroc semi rebuilt (there are still some destroyed buildings but the town is a lot less depressing then post satan morroc). I assume by 15.1 Morroc will be completely rebuilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7hGl7jQhc

Edited by Toxn, 27 December 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#4 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think you all missed the point. Old Payon was brought back after Renewal via event. I did the event. Not only did I do the event, but when I logged in on merged chaos Roda Frog_Sak, who I WANTED to remain in old payon, was still there. But the next time I logged in, he had been forcibly moved to prontera. I STILL HAVE the key from the quest, I should be able to use it. But the NPC which was there a few months back has been removed. So rather than be selfish I made this suggestion so others who wish to enjoy it may.

#5 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

When was gramps and the sign in poring island removed? During the merge? It was probably removed by mistake or GMs decided to remove it due to the morroc part being rebuilt in a future update. If being in old payon means that much to you you are better off submitting a ticket as I doubt you will get any attention in here.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

it was removed awhile back... i still have like 15 Ancient keys and memory scrolls... they arnt tradable or sellable... so i guess we can always stick em into the storage that disappears and be rid of them...

#7 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yea well, according to iRO GM 08 these weren't supposed to be removed in the first place >.>...I have a SS as proof.
http://s1218.beta.ph...html?sort=3&o=0

as well as undeniable proof that my character was in old payon right after the merge

http://s1218.beta.ph...html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1218.beta.ph...html?sort=3&o=2

These are the chief reasons I am complaining. The reason I made this thread was because I didn't want to be selfish and hoard old payon for myself. I learned when I talked to people in game that some of the new generation is curious as to how the game used to be and also curious of old morroc and old payon, so I thought it was worth a shot.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

i wish they would not only bring these 2 places back but make the items needed to get there tradable so other people can go to these places...

#9 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Bump because I was just looking for the entrances... :( FIX PLEASE!

#10 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I miss ol' Morroc.

#11 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

i have read this entry http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=197

i have played ro for the first time during the beta

so vent to discover old payon......

well, i ended here sadly, is there a chance to bring it back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users