Azzy AI 1.35 Beta testers needed - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Azzy AI 1.35 Beta testers needed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

I'm looking for a few players to help test the latest version of my AI.

History has shown that i do a piss poor job of using the product the way users do, and as a result, I tend to miss lots of important bugs. Plus, I don't have a lif or amistr or credible filer, so I can't do a good job of testing those homuns' auto-buffs.

So, I'm looking for a few people who:
  • Are experienced with installing and using AI's
  • Have a homunculus suitable for testing, or access to mercenaries
  • Have time to begin testing in the next week or two (something to do while you wait for renewal!)
  • Are comfortable directly editing configuration files

If you're interested, contact me via forum PM, and i'll send you some more reliable contact info (gchat, msn, or aim), and the latest version of the AI.

#2 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Nice to hear your still updating it !! Will you let us all know when the new version is out of beta? I'd help test, but don't have a homun. I do have mercs though.... Damn, if it wasn't for all my damn homework, I'd jump on helping out.

#3 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

yea~ new AI!
i wud love to help if its not *too hard*
i mean when u mean configuring the files..u ll be giving instructions right?
+ yea i love a *low level* Vanny and access to mercs too

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

Heart - do you have experience installing and using AI's?

Like, do you currently have one installed and working, and know how to replace it with a different one?

I'll be adding some mechanisms to try to make this easier, but for testing, I don't want to have to worry about results being confounded by installation problems.

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

yea i do use a homun Ai but not a merc AI tho
i can replace it wid urs "with proper instuctions"
cuz last time i deleted some nice files and had to re-install =P

#6 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hmmm. Nice to see you updating it.

I'm sure i can test it for you and help out. I'm not comfortable editing text files directly, but i understand pretty fast so with a little instruction I can do it.
I have a low level not "Normal" Intamicy Filir so I cant test Homun completely but, from my experience, the most desired things in Merc and Homun are:
1) Ability to assign discretion (That is, being able to tell the merc or homun what to attack and what not to attack and what skills to use on which monster. etc.)
2) Ability to control Merc and Homun movement. (That is, Aggression and resting)
3) Ability to tell the Merc and Homun who are your friends so that they automatically help them. (I tried editing the text file to do this once. I THINK it worked, but when i reinstalled RO i couldn't do it again)
4) Ability to auto attack in PvP and WoE or auto cast things like traps on predesignated cells at predesignated times.

I think if you get all these covered you are good. The its and bits about skills can be sorted out on a case by case basis. Good Luck finding good tester for complete skill test. (NB #4 would be a nice improvement)
I use Azzy now and i have no problem installing and applying it. I don't have much time to test but i can help you out whenever i have the time. it would take a while for me to give results like 2 days or so, but I can be one of your testers.

I particularly want to help develop a few map files that will allow for hommun and merc discretion on certain leveling maps.
My Time Zone is the same as Canada and New York. I live in Trinidad and Tobago.

Can PM my in game around 7pm New York time i should be on.
Can find me around west Kafra in Prontera in game on either,
Trini Revenge or
Trini robber

Can PM me or ask for me from a fellow guildsman, i'm in the guild New World Order. (Valkyrie Server)

Edited by Trini, 21 October 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

PM's sent.

#8 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

When can we expect a full functioning, non-beta version? I've been going without AI since 2008 because MirAI stopped working for me at all. ]:

#9 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Attack skill usage of homuc seem to be bit buggy, Im not sure if it has bugs up and refuses to use skill when flying or not, but general once It stops using attack skills it wont start again till you leave the zone or come back.but again I not to sure about this either just seem random it will being using skill alot one minute next it will just be using melee even with like 100% sp and if I put away homuc and call it back it will start using attack skills and some times it has no effect and still wont use skills

He also dont seem to want use Moonlight attack when I target monster with it and click it just refused to use the skills.

Auto skil options are all default other then following
UseAutoSkill_min SP=70
useskillonly=normal

GUI bugs I notices

Homuc Tactics

If you switch skill usage from say Default to This many times it well tend to take the default number and apply it to that and if that number is a invalid number it will bug and crash the GUI and ever time after for that specific monster tactic that till you manual edit the number. Also in general the GUI does not update the number to right of to the correct skill usage you picked.

Also using (Attack) This many times=1 seem to make it attack level 1 skill, It does not use level 5 or attack it just once with skill.
Skill attacks also seem to randomly be using default tactics on monster that already have there own tactic, which cause it to come times override the monster specific tactic.

Extra options
It show both Homunculus and Mercenary, But it does not show anything in either to edit, It should show all lua that are editable for both homun and merc so you can edit them directly from with in the config.

There also seem bug that crashes the game, When you attack something first for your homuc to attack it the client will crash . saying something about ai.lua error attempt to index global 'FriendAttack' (a Nill Value)

Editing anything with the GUI is wiping the H_extra.lua and maybe other stuff too

Sorry if this is bad explanation, I not to great at explain things.

Edited by Puppet, 08 December 2010 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users