100% Hit / 95% Flee - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

100% Hit / 95% Flee

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm reading the iRO database.

What does "100% Hit / 95% Flee" mean?

For example:

Permeter has:
100% Hit = 318 / 95% Flee = 310

Does this mean I'd need 318 hit to land every hit on the turtle, and I'd need 310 flee rate to dodge 95% of the hits from the turtle? (which would mean even with 350 flee rate, I'd still be hit 5% of the time)

Or does it mean that the turtle's hit rate is 318 and flee rate is 310?

:p_sad:
Thanks.

#2 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hello Kyoosuke,

your first guess is correct.

Also, you will never dodge a Monsters Melee Attacks to 100% with normal flee. The only way to dodge every melee attack of a Monster is to have 100% Lucky Dodge. (That's the number behind your flee.)

Greetings
Ascend

#3 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Heh, now I know which monsters could easily kick my buttocks.....

Thanks.
:p_swt:

#4 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hello Kyoosuke,

your first guess is correct.

Also, you will never dodge a Monsters Melee Attacks to 100% with normal flee. The only way to dodge every melee attack of a Monster is to have 100% Lucky Dodge. (That's the number behind your flee.)

Greetings
Ascend

I'd also like to point out that you're never going to get anywhere near 100% Perfect Dodge (aka Lucky Dodge) and that going out of your way to raise it will gimp your character very very quickly.

There are also plenty of monster skills that will hit you anyway even if you did have 100% perfect dodge.

#5 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'd also like to point out that you're never going to get anywhere near 100% Perfect Dodge (aka Lucky Dodge) and that going out of your way to raise it will gimp your character very very quickly.

There are also plenty of monster skills that will hit you anyway even if you did have 100% perfect dodge.

Hello DracoHandsome,

it's true that it's almost impossible, but a GX with two fortune swords and lucky dodge equip can very well get near it, to work as a tank for example.

I tried to point out that skills will still hit by making the word "melee" bold, but maybe I should have mentioned it more clearly.

Greetings
Ascend

#6 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

If you can't get 80+ pdodge on a GX, an Archer or Mage can actually workas a better tank. A +10 Valkyrian Manteau for them will give + 25 pdodge, which is already better than a second fortune sword. This actually makes some mages able to tank well, especially sorcs with rudolf on energy coats, plus since you only use a single fortune sword, you get to use a shield. My sorc can get around 60 pdodge, even having 1 base LUK and all. Archers can get slightly more than mages because of the improved tights + linen glove combo.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

It's easy to get lots of perfect dodge, but 100 pdodge doesn't make you a godly tank - it's useful against monsters that don't skill much, but all that pdodge gear means you're probably not geared as well as you could be for damage reduction, so the skills that get through hurt more. It's a defensive tool that has it's uses, but is not nearly as good as it sounds at first. Usually I see people using it when they end up having to tank on a sorc.

I tried to point out that skills will still hit by making the word "melee" bold, but maybe I should have mentioned it more clearly.

In typical RPG terminology, "melee" means close range or hand-to-hand combat, skills or otherwise (RO has occasionally misused this word in item descriptions, but item descriptions aren't trustworthy in general). Perfect dodge works against any non-skill attacks, ranged or not.

#8 FAMILYFOREVER

FAMILYFOREVER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hello there is still something I felt confused,

if thats the meaning of 100%hit and 95%flee

then what does this mean

• When dealing with the monsters, the chance is calculated as [100 + PlayerHit - HitRequiredFor100%]%.
    • HitRequiredFor100% is the value from the monster's table which shows the player's Hit rate required for making 100% chance of landing hits against monster.

and how to count that formula?thanks

#9 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

100%hit = hitrequiredfor100%, theyre the same thing

the formula says how often you hit the target given your PlayerHit. For example, you have 300 hit and you want to attack a Permeter: 100 + 300 - 318 = 82% of your attacks connect (or you have 82% chance to connect, however you see it), so if you aim for 318 hit, all your attacks will connect

#10 FAMILYFOREVER

FAMILYFOREVER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

oh so its not counted from percentage of the maximum hit needed, but instead using additional 100 for the subtraction to get the hit, thanks for the info

but I am just wondering, how do a knight for example to get such high hit?I saw to hit a Clown Alphoccio 100%hit=521 in iw database and even 637 inrenewal.playragnarok.com, lets say whichever the condition is, even if knight lvl 99 they and they have 99 dex they will only have 175+99+99+additional bonus from buff (not counting bonuses from equipment) so its only 373++ putting this into that formula so we get 473++ result which means they cant even attack him? please correct me if im wrong.

thanks a lot

Edited by FAMILYFOREVER, 03 April 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#11 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

if youre playing on Classic, i am unsure of the mechanics

in Renewal however, Alphoccio is a high level monster players encounter when theyre around 141+. So that gives them additional 50 hit (level bonus) which should put them in the 100%hit range. Dont forget stat bonuses from job levels as well as the increased cap on base stats (99->130). Apart from consumable buffs, there are several gears that give high hit like Vesper Core 4 (Dex+3, 10 Hit) and +7 Ancient Shadow Armor (20 Hit). Also, 3rd job knights can use a flee-bypassing skill, Dragon Breath.

#12 FAMILYFOREVER

FAMILYFOREVER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

I am fully understand now, thanks for your time!!!!

Just to double confirm

Primary Stats

Stats are the six fundamental character statistics that make (or break) a character. Stats start out with a base value of 1 and can be raised as far as 99. Third job characters can increase stats up to 120. Base stats are increased by spending stat points, higher stats costing more to raise (particularly for base stats beyond 100). Stat points are gained with base level increases, the amount increasing with higher levels.

is it 120 or 130 cap?thanks again!!!

#13 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

the cap was 120 before the 175/60 max level update. Now its 130 (hardly anyone goes over 120 because it gets really expensive points-wise). I cannot confirm but I think its 125 for dorams.

#14 FAMILYFOREVER

FAMILYFOREVER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

ok understood thanks very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users