Guide to all the SC equips you'll ever need! - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Guide to all the SC equips you'll ever need!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

This is a full-on guide to all the equips an SC can use effectively. For WoE, for PvP, for PvM, for fun, or for giggles it is all here! This is mostly based on what I have, and there are for sure more combinations/equips to do, so fire up your equip sets and I'll add it on to the guide =)

I have divided the equips into three main groups; WoE, PvP, and PvM. WoE equips fall into PvP (not vice versa), so the equips will not be repeated in that category. It is normal to equip a full set and bring around 10-30 equips around to gear switch, although it is up to your preference to use which combo. These equips will be considering all kinds of builds; Auto-spell, Debuffer, or Arrow builds. Equips are also recommended at "Necessary" (Need), "Helpful" (Should aim for it in the end), and "Optional" (No need if don't want). These are usually toward end-game equipment, so do not worry if they are hard to obtain, some similar-effect equips are enough to lead you through for a while.

Keep in mind that there are notes to help tell you which situations are best for which equips, but specific game-play will depend on yourself and you can toy around to see which fits you best. Some people like to gear-switch everything, some like to stick to a set and play with that kind of style.

Vecror-page-decor-and-text-deviders_08.p

WoE:

Headgears:
18601.png +12 Red Pom Band/Cat Ear Beret​ - Necessary for reductions, although Red Pom is recommended for the +5MDEF. A Katherine Keyron card works best for masq cast reduction.
18630.png +7 Alicel Hat - Necessary for breaking emperiums, as well as disturbing people while auto-casting storm gust with the increase aspd --> more procs.
18841.png +12 Poring Headband - Helpful. I mean what can I say, it's so cute. At +12 it gives +8% aspd and +1 flat aspd, similar to +9 HBP bonus. Perfect for emp breaking to reach 193!
5778.png Turkey On Your Head - Helpful in situations where there's no one to +Agi you, you can proc it off from attacking the emp to get more attack speed. Note: Pot with whites, not eggs.
5286.png Pecopeco Hairband - Helpful in situations where you are running inside a castle and you don't have +Agi methods. Do not equip it while fighting.
18599.png Black Devil's Mask - Helpful, as it is one of the best mid-gear for SC's as they benefit from the VIT, DEX, AGI, INT, and LUK.
18670.png Handkerchief in Mouth - Necessary for reductions, one of the best low-gear for SC's.
5574.png Well-Chewed Pencil - Optional as the +2 Dex is something, but not as good as Hankerchief. Although it is a cheap alternative.

18917.png 99 Love Balloon - Helpful, it's better than well-chewed pencil in most cases as it adds all the stats. (Unless the last 0.5 points to get instant cast matters to you).
5401.png Black Frame Glasses - Helpful with Maya Purple card, so you can see invisible people.

Armor:
15047.png +9 Unfrozen WoE Suit - Necessary for reductions, and if you decide to get the whole set, you get a +5 Dex bonus. Unfrozen is needed as you need to debuff others in a chaotic fight.
2345.png Elemental Armor - Fire armor is necessary against Dragon Breath. Others (Ghostring, Wind etc) are optional, usually for tanking Tetra Vortex/Sorcerers/Suras.
2319.png Armor of Stone Curse - Optional as unless you are just starting the game and cannot afford the above equips, this is good against GoH suras, GX's, and rangers.

Garment:
2586.png Immune/Anti-Sniping WoE Manteau - Necessary for the ultimate reduction set. Can swap with deviling for gfist reduction.
2589.png +9 Fallen Angel Wing - Helpful. If SP6/6/6 or +14 DEX matters to your instant cast, it is extremely helpful in small-mid scale battles.

Footgear:
2484.png +9 Firelock WoE Boots - Necessary for the ultimate reduction set, as well as the HP/SP boost from firelock card.
2418.png Vidar Boots - Optional. If you are absolutely poor, these cheap boots give a good mini-boost on HP/SP.

Shield:
2115.png +? Cranial Valkyrja Shield - Necessary for the best general reduction shield in-game, the upgrade on shield is if you want to copy and use Shield Spell lv3 to break people's armor.
2168.png +12 Cranial Immune Shield - Helpful as it is only good against neutral damage such as G-fist, and it is also incredibly expensive.

Accessories:
2968.png RWC Pendant/Ring - Necessary. With two lv3 Spell Enchants and +6 Dex (Zerom), these give great stats and reduction time. Rings can be enchanted for +600 max HP and +5/6 Vit.

2772.png Glorious Ring - Necessary for one of the best elemental reduction and boost accessory. Some people prefer to have two.
2898.png Black Rosary - Helpful. Best reduction accessory, even more if you have two and slot Kafra Blossom cards into it. However, it is extremely expensive.

Weapons:
1228.png Combat Knife - Necessary as it is one of the only weapons that provide reductions to demi-humans. +6 Dex enchant on it is wonders, SP4/4 for non-stat instant cast.
13072.png +? Bellum Damascus - Helpful as it gives a huge bonus in attack speed for (Upgrade + 2)%, which is perfect for emperium breaking, and can assist in others killing your target.
13067.png +Dex 9-11 Keris - Helpful. With a high Dex enchantment, a bonus from 9-11 (with Drops Card) is worth to use it to masq/divest people. Do note to prioritize Combat Knife if there are more enemies.
1225.png Triple Freeze/StoneCurse/Sleep/Curse Mailbreaker/Swordbreaker - Helpful as spreading around statuses and breaking equips while doing so is extremely helpful for teammates.

PvP: This will be short as WoE equips are applied here without saying. Most of the equips here are extra for-fun in PvP, one of my favorite places to burn time.

Headgears:
18600.png +12 Cat Ear Beret - Helpful if you want to do some weird ATK-type skill in pvp.
18626.png +7 Gelato Hat - Helpful for freezing low level people and then divesting them. If they do not wear unfrozen/undead, you can freeze then do whatever you want with them.
18522.png Evil Marching Hat - Optional for high double-strafe builds, as it is a rare build. This is also replaceable by Cat Ear beret for the damage dealt.

Armor:
2375.png Exceeding Diabolus Armor - Helpful for all damage-type SC's: +10% atk/matk is a huge boost to damage, although do not expect to kill a high leveled without stripping them first.
2319.png Armor of Stone Curse - Helpful. Putting this here again because it is extremely useful against GX's or auto-rangers who harass you.

Garment:
2589.png +9 Fallen Angel Wing - Helpful. Enchant with SP 6/6/6, as a caster not only will you do more damage than HPB, you'll cast faster! (Same with EA10 and Aspd +16% +1 Flat)

Footgear:
Same as WoE recommendations.

Shield:
2124.png Thorny Buckler - Optional with Bison Horn as it gives some reflect for auto-cast (not really useful) but also gives a boost in attack speed, if you want defense and go auto-spell.
2124.png Shield of Anathema - Optional (Flame Skull Card). Similar to stone curse armor, flame skull card gives a ton of fun debuffs to people who auto you.

Accessory:
2721.png Medal of Honor - Helpful for damage-type SC's, with the combo of Glorious Ring, you get +10% atk and +8% matk, along with a mini-boost in hp and a poison-proc effect.
2679.png Ring of Resonance - If you want to pair it up with Ring of Flame Lord, you can hope for the tiny chance to g-fist people, although it might not even kill them.

Weapon:
1225.png Debuff Weapon - Helpful if you have 4x carded Main Gauche or 3x Mailbreaker, along with status arrow, you can do tons of debuff just by flying kick on them.
1734.png Orc Archer Bow - Necessary for double-strafe builds, it gives the best damage for shadow chasers.

18109.png Catapult - Necessary for Triangle Shot build. Unless it is at +12 it will not deal that much more damage vs OAB - but you can card two cards in it =D!
13412.png Twin Edge of Naught Sieger (Blue) - Helpful as it is similar to a +7 Gelato Hat where you can use Frost Diver lv5 to freeze people.
1230.png Ice Pick - Necessary for low STR auto-spell builds, sometimes you "miss" due to low damage and their high defense. However, ice pick and combat knife will help you hit them.
13072.png Bellum Damascus - Helpful if you can hit them, the high aspd boost and 1def/1mdef debuff makes you deal tons of damage to them for auto-spell.
13414.png Elemental Sword - Optional for caster-type SC's as you can card in Zakudam Cards for magic damage or various others.

PvM:

Headgears:
5208.png +9 Rideword Hat - Necessary for Arrow Storm chasers who level alone, since SP is burned twice as fast due to the nature of Reproduce.
18666.png CD in Mouth - Necessary for auto-spell builds as this gives an absurd damage for a low headgear.
18671.png Rudolf Hat - Helpful, for healing while fighting monsters, the cheapest and best way to survive.
5778.png Turkey On Your Head - Helpful as it does heal like Rudolf but Eggs are limited - a higher upgraded one will give you Increase Agi which helps on auto-spell.
18821.png RWC Pin - Optional as it is a limited equip, a high graded Pin with the combo set gives the best PvM damage output for auto-spell chasers up to date.
18841.png +12 Poring Headband - Optional. If you want to reach an easy permanent 193 aspd for auto-spell build, this is good - but expensive.
18630.png +7 Alicel Hat - Necessary for auto-spell builds, it's cheap and gives you an easy 193 aspd (but can be unlucky at times). No need if your aspd already sits at 191-192.

5589.png +7 Leo Diadem - Optional. If somehow you are going ATK build, at early levels you can have fun using a splash-attack effect on monsters.

Armor:
2345.png Elemental Armor - Necessary against certain monsters who can use magic such as Water Ball. MvP-ping also require elemental armors due to their strong magic.
2375.png Exceeding Armor - Helpful for the +10% damage output.

Garment:
2576.png +9 Heroic Backpack - Necessary as it gives all kinds of boost to any type of leveling build. You can put in a Salamander card to boost Meteor Storm damage.
2524.png Salamander Valkyrian Manteau - For lower-end people, this cheap equip boosts auto-spell Meteor Storm by alot, plus the reflects can proc more auto-spell equips.

2589.png +9 Fallen Angel Wing - Helpful. Cheap to enchant, you can get a total of +16% Attack Speed, +1 Flat Attack Speed, and +4 Agi, which is the highest for a garment. Easy 190+ ASPD!

Foorwear:
2423.png Variants - Necessary for the SP boost. Vidar Boots if you cannot afford it.
2655.png Bloodied Shackle Ball - Optional with the shackle combo, it gives a flat +50 ATK which is huge for AS - although it takes a huge portion of your weight and unable to have +20%hp/sp bonus.

Shield:
2124.png Thorny Buckler - Helpful, as paired with Bison horn, the reflect is nice and you can mob larger mobs while having decent attack speed. Or you can equip no shield for more aspd.

Accessory:
2721.png Medal of Honor - Necessary for the damage output, no matter which build.
2678.png Ring of Flame Lord - Helpful. Great with auto-spell build, and the +15Atk is a huge boost to Arrow Storm, third best after tattoos and RWC rings.
2966.png RWC Ring - Helpful as if you can get two Fighting Spirit lv3 and +3 Dex, you are able to get more Arrow Storm damage.

Weapon:
1734.png Orc Archer Bow - Necessary for Arrow Storm as with Steel Arrows, it gives the largest bow damage for chasers.

18109.png Catapult - Helpful, can maximize your Triangle Shot DPS, especially after carding two things in. Best with EMH as it costs a lot of SP.
13092.png RWC Dagger - Helpful, as it is limited and the set bonus gives highest auto-spell output in PvM for chasers.
13414.png Elemental Sword - Helpful, for it procs bolts and has a huge matk bonus to deal even more damage. However, as a sword it will lower your attack speed.
1230.png Ice Pick - Helpful. For low STR auto-spell builds, sometimes you will miss against Bradium Golems or high-def monsters, and this will solve your problem.
13062.pngAncient Dagger - Helpful for auto-spell builds since it is incredibly cheap but you need a higher level to equip it along with dealing with the curse-spam problem.

Edited by michaeleeli, 26 March 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#2 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Nice guide, thanks! :) just thought I'd add, since you have Gelato hat listed as a PvP headgear, you can use Blue Twin Edge as weapon for the same thing as well.

#3 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

+1 Thank you, very useful guide.

#4 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I try to make the post look clean by having each equip only take up 1 line of space - but I noticed it was compared to my 23`` screen, so I'm not sure how it looks like on yours. Please tell me if the post is super messy/have multiple lines on your screen and tell me your screen size so I can adjust to it >.<!

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

It should be fine, since they are categorized.

#6 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Its perfect, no need to change anything.

#7 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hmm...how about BSB + Shackles combo for arrow storm dmg?

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

That'd be a good idea, but then you'd have to consider the lower SP without the Variants. It won't make too much of a difference though.

#9 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hmm, when using endows, only equipment attack gets affected right? Was thinking that the 50 atk could make a big difference against certain targets with endows. Then again I have 2 RWC rings, so its a difference of 2 RWC rings/Varients (48 atk, 20% hp/sp) or 1 RWC ring/1 BSB/shackles (72 atk).

#10 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Since chasers don't deal much AS damage anyways, the flat extra ATK is a significant increase to the damage. So yeah, you can consider BSB but even with variants and 90+ int I find it hard keeping up the huge SP cost of it.

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Also it takes a lot of weight, and steel arrows aren't as light as elven arrows.

#12 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Valid points especially on the weight part, yea. The doubt SP cost thing makes me consider going ASS straight up...but getting the job lvls to max shadowspell and reproduce will take awhile.

#13 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just thought I'd point out, there's no reason to use Thorny Bucklers if you're not going to also wear Bison Horns.

#14 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeeah its assumed you have bison horn with it. The other shield is because I didn't know which shield sprite to use lol

#15 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

One thing I've noticed, RWC dagger doesn't give matk refine bonuses unlike Ancient Dagger. Its an ancient dagger only thing? I was under the impression that all daggers would give atk/matk bonuses regardless of whether it has matk on it to begin with. Or is there some special category of daggers that gain matk on refine?

Nvm, looks like I miscounted. :heh:

Edited by Xallista, 16 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#16 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

this guide needs alot of work. in fact i cant even believe this got stickied in the state its in. it only provides gear options for the super rich.

you need to add 3 tiers of gear possibilities for the : average new player, average player thats not rich, billionaires with money to blow on things like HBP, cd in mouth, ROFL.

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

this guide needs alot of work. in fact i cant even believe this got stickied in the state its in. it only provides gear options for the super rich.

you need to add 3 tiers of gear possibilities for the : average new player, average player thats not rich, billionaires with money to blow on things like HBP, cd in mouth, ROFL.

It's certainly better than no guide at all. Feel free to give suggestions to be added to the guide. That's one of the guidelines for having these guides stickied in the first place.

#18 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'm not sure if you even read the guide before commenting, but I did in fact include cheap, easy gears to get as alternatives, for those who cannot afford the expensive ones. Also I stated in the beginning that these were geared towards end-game, so people "work" towards them..No one is telling you to get all of that in an instance. And the fact good equips are expensive, is true. Some gears are a waste of money and not worth to get at all. Of course, I may have missed out some low-end gear combos that might be useful, so give some of those input instead.

#19 Ebersu

Ebersu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Great guide! I just came back to the game after a few years so reading all this is great considering all the new equipment I missed. Unfortunately getting the RWC equipment seems a little impossible now... The bonuses it grants would be insane for my ASS build, hopefully it comes back at the end of the year :S. Pretty bummed I missed it

Edited by Ebersu, 04 May 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#20 Derps

Derps

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

is RPB better CEB ?

While:

CEB - increase and reduce physical damage

RPB - increase and reduce magical damage +5MDEF

The question is which type of dmg that we would received more often when it comes to WOE?

ps. ( im new to SC but i don't think SC will need either physical or magical dmg in woe...)

#21 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Lol! This is very old news but CEB and RPB reduces the same damage - so going either is fine. However, RPB is more superior due to its +5 MDEF compared to CEB's +5 DEF which is like nothing.

#22 Derps

Derps

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Lol! This is very old news but CEB and RPB reduces the same damage - so going either is fine. However, RPB is more superior due to its +5 MDEF compared to CEB's +5 DEF which is like nothing.

reduced the same dmg... :p_omg:

so the different is about whether you want inc physical or magical right?

(if you say its the same again ....*mind blown....)

:p_sick:

#23 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

reduced the same dmg... :p_omg:

so the different is about whether you want inc physical or magical right?

(if you say its the same again ....*mind blown....)

:p_sick:

Lol yeah.
But note that CEB only increases melee physical damage, not ranged.

#24 MonkeyMajik

MonkeyMajik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Looks like most of this is still accurate but any advice on temporal boots?

#25 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

Looks like most of this is still accurate but any advice on temporal boots?

Im LOVING my Temp agi boots with runaway magic+AD 4

With all of my gears+ increase agi and eden buffs, I can hit 192 aspd. 0int since the boots proc so often  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users