Mindless way of earning exp for low-level dealers - Dealer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mindless way of earning exp for low-level dealers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amblica

amblica

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

New player here. I found that crafting the beginner hat grants 219-240 exp, and at level 20 with 55 con 30 sen, my character never fails when crafting it. The hats can then be sold for a higher price than the cost of materials. This translates to around 2.5k exp per minute plus a very small profit. MP isn't a problem since I keep my armour craft at 1. In contrast, killing bees gives around 250 exp and it takes me 20-30 seconds to kill one with my stats.

Would this method be feasible in the long run? I'm not talking about crafting beginner hats all the way to 50+ of course, but would it be possible to have sufficient con and sen to craft higher level stuff for the exp without making a monetary loss?

#2 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I don't think you can make money that way there will be monetary loss. Most people don't buy low level goods

#3 amblica

amblica

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I meant selling the goods to the NPC. The cost of materials for the lowest level hats is 280, but they can be sold to the NPC at around 320 on average. I only know that it works for the lowest level visitor hat though (the green one), and I'm trying to find out whether anyone has found it feasible for higher level crafts.

I did some testing and the second-lowest hat still has some fails at level 24, which yields a loss. I'll give it another try at level 30.

Edited by amblica, 01 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#4 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think it's only feasible for the very first levels of craftable items. For the most part, you wind up at a monetary loss, even with 100% crafting success fairly quickly. Also, you start to need materials for higher level crafts that cannot be purchased from the NPCs, like Misians, so they must be farmed or purchased from other players. I don't believe the experience from crafting was meant to take the place of gaining experience from hunting. I always thought of it as a suplement, since dealers don't kill as fast as soldiers or hawkers, and usually aren't included in parties as easily as muses. After I run out of ammunition, or have enough materials on my character that I have to go to town anyway, I'll usually sit and craft whatever I can, keep the best of it (if it's something I can use for one of my characters, or something that I might be able to sell to another player) and sell the rest to the NPC. I believe the most common thought on crafting dealers is to go with pure combat skills until you hit the level you want (for many it's the max level) then reset the character's skills and stats for pure crafting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users