So... Ragnarok 2... When? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

So... Ragnarok 2... When?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Renzetsu

Renzetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationHollow Land
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The Only One Now

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Bahh I can't download it, I don't know if I'm either late or my browser is stupid.

#27 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Pretty sure it's already been stated they have a copy of RO2 and are currently translating it for the North American/International audience. My guess late spring/early summer release. RO2 is a much bigger game then anything GRAVITY currently offers. Fully voiced cutscenes, massive world, interesting story and this..

Personally I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Keep an eye out for the real English version of RO2. I'm positive it will be worth the wait.

Edited by Maka, 02 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#28 Armored

Armored

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Dear Asgardians,

We are happy to announce that OBT will start tomorrow, 3rd January 2013, at 1300 HRS (+8 GMT)! That is less than 19 hours from now!

However, it's with our deepest apologies that we announce we will not be able to provide the RO2 game service to players outside of our optimised countries - Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam - due to our licence agreement with the game's developer, Gravity Co., Ltd.

These aforementioned licence terms will take full effect from the start of OBT tomorrow and we deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused to players. We are extremely grateful for the support you have shown RO2 so far and we thank you again for being a part of this journey.
Thank you all!

- RO2 Administrator

Source: http://ro2.playpark....-start-3rd-jan/

Edited by Armored, 02 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#29 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Better graphics?
The characters look like crap, I really wish they would have done a better job on the char designs :S
(Sth like this for example: Char1 ; Char2 )

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Until there is a North American release we would appreciate not posting news from/about the SEA version of the game, as we have established an agreement with them to not push RO2 aggressively to our players which was definitely the case in the last few weeks.

#31 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Posted Image

#32 AoTay

AoTay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Some sort of update at least Oda would be nice. Some of us stayed up crazy late to play during their (SEA) stupid CBT times, deal with all of the problems with the patcher, updater and login and suddenly we get the boot.

Knowing that we're going to get an Open Beta would be nice. I don't even give a damn about a concrete date, just some sort of "Yes, you guys will be getting a RO2 OBT/CBT. When is unanswerable because of a NDA. Now pipe down so we don't have to hear from our superiors".

(If Gravity's Press Releases are to be believed, Late Spring)

#33 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I got it downloaded and an account created. Lucky me....

Eagerly awaiting our North American release of this. DO WANT! Meanwhile, I can optimize my build to pwn ye noobs here on forums once we get RO2. >:3

Edited by Nitro, 02 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#34 AoTay

AoTay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Also no, RO2 does not seem like a grind fest. They pretty much hold your hand (at least upto Prontera) and you go from quest to quest, grinding is nowhere near as fast as you'd think it would be. You'll level quickly on quests alone.

Job Leveling IS the grind-fest.

#35 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Some sort of update at least Oda would be nice. Some of us stayed up crazy late to play during their (SEA) stupid CBT times, deal with all of the problems with the patcher, updater and login and suddenly we get the boot.

Knowing that we're going to get an Open Beta would be nice. I don't even give a damn about a concrete date, just some sort of "Yes, you guys will be getting a RO2 OBT/CBT. When is unanswerable because of a NDA. Now pipe down so we don't have to hear from our superiors".

(If Gravity's Press Releases are to be believed, Late Spring)

Obviously there will be a beta. Otherwise they wouldn't have an agreement with the SEA team. They just can't give a release date yet. If they did you'd be expecting it at that time and would get upset if it got pushed back. They will typically wait to announce such a thing until they are sure they can make the date.

#36 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Wasn't there a RO(1) reboot in the works somewhere? To keep the game in the 2.5d feel, but updating the graphics and animation. I think the current fan base of iRO would love that idea rather then the 3d version. However 3d may be what's needed to expand the fan base of iRO.

Many players who seem to use "WoW-Clone" as a bad idea forget that RO2 is literally a WarCraft Rip off because the entire game was originally built on the WarCraft 2 and 3 Engine. Which turned in to the largest Profesional Gaming Pot of Gaming History at 5 million. If being a clone is bad, why is it so profitable...?

#37 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I've played RO2 and... DO WANT ON WARP PORTAL NOW!

#38 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

RO2 is like waiting new patch from kRO to be implemented in iRO....

#39 Bruceleeroy

Bruceleeroy

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

if by RO2 you mean defense of the ancients it wasnt a warcraft rip off since it was a mod mad for warcraft 3 hard ot be a rip off of a game it was built using. plus what it with all the wow clonage talk not every mmorpg is a wow clone since nothing in wow is unique in anyway. i mean really the last xpac added pokemon into wow. wowemon anyone. and yea this is comign from someone who has been playing wow since i was started. also played in the beta of IRO and the first beta of RO2. before it was rebooted to what it is now.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think a RO game with the RO style camera and control but with polygonal characters (at RO1 proportions) would be very exciting were it to be developed sometime. Kind of curious about the RO tactics game though that and the Vita game seem very very loosely themed on RO.

#41 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Does RO2 comes as VR?

#42 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Id love to see a english version of Ragnarok Online: Rebellion of Valkyrie

Edited by Toxn, 02 January 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#43 AoTay

AoTay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Obviously there will be a beta. Otherwise they wouldn't have an agreement with the SEA team. They just can't give a release date yet. If they did you'd be expecting it at that time and would get upset if it got pushed back. They will typically wait to announce such a thing until they are sure they can make the date.

Up until this whole thing with SEA, Oda/Heim have kept their mouths wired shut. They wouldn't even divulge in even the most basic of confirmations on a Beta. This is also the first time they've mentioned any sort of agreement with SEA about keeping a low key.

#44 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOZYvx76w3g

Oh sweet baby Jesus that's adorable.

#45 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO6bbZo4Kjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOZYvx76w3g

You might indeed, in the near future....

#46 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

You might indeed, in the near future....

BAN THE BOTS ON THE MAP I PMED YOU ODA!

#47 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Wasn't there a RO(1) reboot in the works somewhere? To keep the game in the 2.5d feel, but updating the graphics and animation. I think the current fan base of iRO would love that idea rather then the 3d version. However 3d may be what's needed to expand the fan base of iRO.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gusRAlUWp_U

2:12 has a sample of the animation and how they ended up with these sprites.

This is not related to Ragnarok1 otherwise expect it has same graphics team and this is apparently how they wanted Ragnarok1 to look like... but it's still a bit hazy if they'll Ever finish this project. It's still said to be the successor to ragnarok1, and the closest to what I've seen that'd fit what you describe.

Edited by Onis, 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#48 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

2:12 has a sample of the animation and how they ended up with these sprites.

This is not related to Ragnarok1 otherwise expect it has same graphics team and this is apparently how they wanted Ragnarok1 to look like... but it's still a bit hazy if they'll Ever finish this project. It's still said to be the successor to ragnarok1, and the closest to what I've seen that'd fit what you describe.

Adorbs. I also found this link concerning 'R1'. How fancy. I wonder when it will hit the U.S., because it does seem to have a very RO feel to it. But, given the creator is one in the same, I guess it's to be expected.
Posted Image

#49 Renzetsu

Renzetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationHollow Land
  • Server:The Only One Now

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I cannot seem to download the client for RO2, it's BS.

#50 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I do believe that the next step for iRO is to adopt the R1 project but keep iRO alive maintaining the strong history and fan base of iRO in all 3 versions. I would strongly recommended that we acquire those rights if the engine is stable enough. After; try to mirror the start of the game to the anime as a way to pull new players in to the franchise. This will create a whirlwind of new players and focus on the game in ways we haven't seen in 10 years. R1 could be the Renewal many players were looking for, from the beginning. But as many projects die in developmental, lets all hope it doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users