So... Ragnarok 2... When? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

So... Ragnarok 2... When?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I do believe that the next step for iRO is to adopt the R1 project but keep iRO alive maintaining the strong history and fan base of iRO in all 3 versions. I would strongly recommended that we acquire those rights if the engine is stable enough. After; try to mirror the start of the game to the anime as a way to pull new players in to the franchise. This will create a whirlwind of new players and focus on the game in ways we haven't seen in 10 years. R1 could be the Renewal many players were looking for, from the beginning. But as many projects die in developmental, lets all hope it doesn't.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that R1 has any actual ties to Ragnarok, with Ragnarok no longer belonging to the creator and instead to Gravity. I base this on the quote mentioned in the previous link dropped:

Q: How did you feel when Ragnarok Online 2 was first announced?
Since I left Gravity, Ragnarok no longer belong to me. I will be happier to be known as the creator of Granado Espada now.

(Sic)

It does however seem to be a 'spiritual successor' to RO in graphics alone, though, and it may prove popular if, say, Warpportal at some point gained rights to distribute it. Whether it has any actual ties in gameplay to RO has yet to be seen.

#52 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

^
If that's the case Gravity needs to mend that Bridge. Many companies really had to dig deep and accept to listen when a good spiral sucessor came thourgh the pipe line. We've been introduced to games like

From-> leading in to the spiritrual successor
Resident Evil -> Devil May Cry
Prince of Persia -> Assassin Creed
Crash Bandicoot -> Jak and Daxter

Other games where developers left had lead to even more and better games such as The Original Game Designer of Street Fighter moved to SNK to make King of Fighters. He then returned back with a new Development Team to make Street Fighter 4 and the two expansions which has reinvigorated the Street Fighter Franchise. Gravity should look at the benefits those choices have made and should possibly strongly consider investing due to the fact that many markets are now maturing and leaning away from the standard way players consumed content 10 years ago.

Capcom and Activsion have and they've built better sequel to their games by recognizing the market has changed. Again Gravity should strongly consider.

None the less, it is sad to hear that it's not the actual sequel... /sigh. But if the engine it's self works well it could be a great platform to re-energize the fan base, none the less. -fingers crossed-

#53 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think any game that can get behind the original intent of Ragnarok Online, it would be R1 since its the same developer. For those who don't know the original lead developer left Gravity in 2003. However, I think he makes some typical Korean MMO designer errors and R1 will probably suffer from them as well like RO and Granado Espada did.

#54 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

All I want to know is if we're going to have a subscription server and a free server. Because spam-bots are terribly horrid in 3D games.

#55 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

If they can make WoE work that'd be cool.

Like real RO WoE, no healer,tank,dps -_-, already have WoW for that. But I'm afraid they will drop stuff such
as asura,AD,instant death for standing at wrong place and make it more generic.

#56 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

RO2 is SO improved over RO1. Every server and every channel is full with no lag. That's a big deal, and imagine a lag free WoE in 3D without the retarded AoE guild 1 shot stuff people doing now in RO1.

An now that you mention it, didn't see a single spam bot in RO2 starting zone.... I hope this stays the same. Nothing drives me crazy in a new MMO than not being able to chat and learn to play because of gold selling spam. IF anything kills MMOs it will be gold sellers spamming all the chats.

Edited by Nitro, 03 January 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#57 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Many wont take to RO2LotS because of some big issues with not being able to keep their gear and secondly the animation styles. In many cases most of the community compares any 3D Medieval Fantasy game to WoW even if it shares no mechanics in comparison... such as Skyrim and Guild Wars or more MMO focused games like Rift and Vindictus have all been called WoW-Clones.

Just because mechanics may be similar in some regards to other franchises doesn't mean the mechanic is bad and if adopted the game will be a blatant rip off of the other.

As for the learning curve, many of the mechanics of Ragnarok Online are hard to learn at best. Compared to many other game platforms and garners the idea of changing it has always been met with harsh lash back. Many feel the game must keep the same level curve due to the sake of nostalgia. While many who are new players today are turned away from the learning curve. If RO wants to compete with new MMO's the learning curve has to be quick and make the average player not go "duh I get it" but feel as if there is more to the world to be emerged in beyond the first few hours of game play.

With a new game will come new tools to help protect game integrity, teak and redesign the game to compete with the current MMO market in the US. So we should see new tools to curb botting and reduce spammers. If this is something we don't see, the RO Franchise in the US market may dry up similar to other servers hosted in Australia, south east asia and parts of Europe. With RO2LotS, many who've over looked RO to begin with may finally try out the Franchise. With our best foot forward with community support and game management RO2LotS could be the thing to reinvigorate the franchise to then subsidize the fixes, repairs and balance many want for RO.

#58 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Oh? Gonna stick with RO1 while my guild power levels and dominates WoE in RO2? You shall soon bow down to your new overlords! We will put 90% tax on your zeny income and crush the skull of any that resist. When you level, half your stat points will automatically fuel my guilds feats of dominance. Hahaha.... do not try to resist, puny novices.

Edited by Nitro, 03 January 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#59 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

kRO2 doesnt even have WoE on their servers yet. Have fun waiting til 2014 to get WoE.

#60 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Only thing that we can say today regarding RO2 is that plans are being made by people to give all the RO1 fans an RO2 home at some point in as near as possible future. Timelines are not established nor precisely who will be playing where. AsiaSoft was first in line so to speak, but they won't be the last RO2 server.

Hopefully things clarify soon so we can update you more specifically with RO2 news as it pertains to this community.

#61 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

kRO2 doesnt even have WoE on their servers yet. Have fun waiting til 2014 to get WoE.

THAT"S IT! Your fort is so got once 2014 hits! But yeah, I am so looking forward to RO2 on Warp Portal.... Do want so very badly! The optimism... I has it, because I have played it and would like to play more. :)

Edited by Nitro, 03 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#62 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Only thing that we can say today regarding RO2 is that plans are being made by people to give all the RO1 fans an RO2 home at some point in as near as possible future. Timelines are not established nor precisely who will be playing where. AsiaSoft was first in line so to speak, but they won't be the last RO2 server.

Hopefully things clarify soon so we can update you more specifically with RO2 news as it pertains to this community.

Surely you guys know how to financially support this game by now.

All I want to know is if we're going to have a subscription server and a free server. Because spam-bots are terribly horrid in 3D games.

#63 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

My prediction is February 9th, 2013 for closed beta. Anyone else want to spread rumors?

#64 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well, based on Gravity US' other mmos that they currently run, I doubt there will be a subscription only server :sob: Non of their games have a subscription only server only f2p with cash shops and premium services. Sadly, based on what I've seen, p2p mmos are getting rarer. I definitely want to give RO2 a try.

#65 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm just afraid that RO2 will become a repeat of Silkroad Online when it comes to spam-bots. :p_sad:

#66 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

RO2 sucks

#67 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well, based on Gravity US' other mmos that they currently run, I doubt there will be a subscription only server :sob: Non of their games have a subscription only server only f2p with cash shops and premium services. Sadly, based on what I've seen, p2p mmos are getting rarer. I definitely want to give RO2 a try.

There are many franchises that have enabled a subscription spin off. Like for Call of Duty, for $50 a year you get all the Map Packs and other premium content released over the span of a year. iRO could move in that direction only if members of the community stop the motif of feeling entitled to paid content for free... a bit harsh to say however content has to be presented which is better then free to play content or offered on a rotation schedule.

With the right fundamental content restricted it will hit botting hard, allow players who want a casual or social experince be able to play nearly the entire game with out having to pay a cent and allow for multiple levels of emersion to take place. This is a nod towards more casual and social games that hardcore gamers may dislike, however most content that is already in place targets Hardcore players in the first place. With a push in this direction, Gravity can collect more revenue with out the previous constant push of Lucky Boxes which many have felt to be abusive from Gravity only to collect money from the player base. So future content can be funded and then target more hardcore gamers giving them the challenge they've always wanted.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 03 January 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#68 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

words

Your signature. It's gaming not gamming btw.

#69 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Your signature. It's gaming not gamming btw.

It has finally been said.

Edited by Balthi, 03 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#70 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Apparently a funny retort

The mis spelling is the joke...

It's post like that, which take away from the real discussion at hand.

Ala Cart items have always been a boost to the Gravity Budget, however many players just like when Valve released Left for Dead 2 or Half Life Episode 1, many felt they were just milking their fan base of money by publishing watered down and rushed out the door products. When iRO has the potential to self sufficient with a focus on Subscription Esque content we will start to see more employees added to the development team, more updates that better target the Western Fan base and better satisfaction from players.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 04 January 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#71 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Let us get something straight.

There was an ORIGINAL RO2 However the idea was scrapped and remade into the RO2 the OP posted asking about.

There are not 2 RO 2's coming out.

#72 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Ragnarok Online II: Gate of the World was scrapped and will not be released. It was replaced by Ragnarok Online II: Legend of the Second.

#73 Zangeon

Zangeon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

The mis spelling is the joke...

It's post like that, which take away from the real discussion at hand.

Ala Cart items have always been a boost to the Gravity Budget, however many players just like when Valve released Left for Dead 2 or Half Life Episode 1, many felt they were just milking their fan base of money by publishing watered down and rushed out the door products. When iRO has the potential to self sufficient with a focus on Subscription Esque content we will start to see more employees added to the development team, more updates that better target the Western Fan base and better satisfaction from players.

Your Signature... Jeezus, size it down, everytime I see it I was to punch a baby.

Also Gaming, and if your serious about a sponsor, use Need not N>

#74 Jabba133

Jabba133

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I ve played for an hour in the stress test, and let me tell you that there is no comparison to the first version of R02.
It will be the bomb, just give it a chance, haters. :)

#75 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Your Signature... Jeezus, size it down, everytime I see it I was to punch a baby.

Also Gaming, and if your serious about a sponsor, use Need not N>

Are you seriously so hard to troll that you fail to realize the term N> has been apart of iRO shorthand just as B>, T>, S>, P> or A>... ? Honestly grow up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users