CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

The spotlight is on. You can Magma Flow level in Nogg. You'll probably see me there ocassionally on my genetic (Dr. Crezally Nirvana). You can see how I do it. xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 January 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Linker level does not effect linked aid pot recovery. Aid pot just has really wild variance (like white potions do - what, you never used 20 potions one at a time, writing down your HP total after each one?)

I think Nogg2 is by far the fastest leveling option for a hand-leveled dieter.

AFK level in OD2 when you don't have time to hand-play it.

#28 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Linker level does not effect linked aid pot recovery. Aid pot just has really wild variance (like white potions do - what, you never used 20 potions one at a time, writing down your HP total after each one?)

OD2 is so freaking slow at level 120+. I go to south Juno and get a ton more. There are a couple of AFKchemist and some grinders to circulate the mobs. I just equip an Antonio Armor in case Arc Angeling tries to harass my genetic.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#29 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

But, does the geneticist lvl effect linked aid pot recovery?

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

But, does the geneticist lvl effect linked aid pot recovery?

Of course.

Increases effectiveness of Aid Potion by BaseLv% - ie. a player of Lv. 80 has their effectiveness of Aid Potion increased by 80%

#31 ShadowArchy

ShadowArchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Leveling a Homun is like leveling a baby super Novice to 150. Takes forevaa!

Uhm... Just wanted to point out
You are comparing, Possibly THE WEAKEST class in the entire game, To insanely OP Homun S's.

Wuht.

#32 ShadowArchy

ShadowArchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

The bright side is that I only gotta get 8 lvls and 30% more so I get Pyroclastic and adds 181 more ATK to my Dieter, and I also use Blood Lust so another 50 more ATK. Meaning that he will rape all the mobs so damn fast. Without Blood Lust he hits 3k - 3,5k per Magma Flow, and if it's activated he hits 4k - 5k.
Btw, I realized that if I greed all the loot around the homun, it's easier to heal him lol.

Pyroclasic AND Bloodlust combined will add alot more than 231 total... They are able to stack, So if your homuns att was at 160 naturally, pyro would add 200 at lvl 150+bloodlust which would add... 180 more total.

360 Total! :D
Edit: 540 total, 160+200+180. Didnt count correctly xD

Edited by ShadowArchy, 07 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#33 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

But Blood Lust adds 50 ATK.. so.. wouldn't it be 410 at lvl 150? :huh:
My dieter just reached lvl 127, it's getting really fast, I can handle it now lol, I get 10% per run, that's 6 mins (the duration of the spirit).

#34 noeliesky

noeliesky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Or if u are plainly leveling ur homun, u can just take off ur weapon and cast pyroclastic. I made another RO folder in which one autocasts all amistr/dieter skills (solely for homun leveling).

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Or if u are plainly leveling ur homun, u can just take off ur weapon and cast pyroclastic.

I made another RO folder in which one autocasts all amistr/dieter skills (solely for homun leveling).

Or just use a mace or axe class weapon while leveling homun, like the hurricane fury that every new genetic seems to use until they make a proper weapon - this will allow you to still have some killing ability in case things get out of hand.

#36 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

My dieter just reached lvl 127, it's getting really fast, I can handle it now lol, I get 10% per run, that's 6 mins (the duration of the spirit).

Seems slow.... Homunculus Rezing instead of aid potting/linking takes me like an hour per level up.

#37 ShadowArchy

ShadowArchy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Bloodlust adds 50% more attack. Not 50.

#38 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Or if u are plainly leveling ur homun, u can just take off ur weapon and cast pyroclastic. I made another RO folder in which one autocasts all amistr/dieter skills (solely for homun leveling).

Yeah, but I still didn't get Pyro, he's only 127 with 50%, my computer is been broken since sunday and cannot play :( btw, what skills do you mean? Amistr Bulwark, Blood Lust and all Dieter's skills or what?

Seems slow.... Homunculus Rezing instead of aid potting/linking takes me like an hour per level up.

Well, isn't it the same? 6mins x 10 times doing that = 60 mins = 1 hour lol. But yeah, resurrection him may be the fastes way since I don't have to pot him nor link me.. But doing it is nice XD Should I use the free reset NPC so I get Homun Resu lvl 5? I didn't want to waste it like that, I almost got another job lvl doing TI.

Bloodlust adds 50% more attack. Not 50.

Yeah, sorry, it was my bad.

#39 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Well takes me an hour or less at level 145+ and thats more EXP required to level.

Anyways, just 150'ed my Dieter just now. Here are the stats. Vanilmirth evo btw.
Posted Image

#40 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

OMFG!!! I envy you so much D:! I'm stuck at lvl 127 and can't lvl now. Should I reset so I get homun resu 5? I have the free reset but I'm not sure if it worths it.

#41 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Get homun res at lvl 5, at the end it doesn't matter if you wanted or not, you will need to use a neuralizer to set your final skill build.

Edited by Cepo, 09 January 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#42 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

OMFG!!! I envy you so much D:! I'm stuck at lvl 127 and can't lvl now. Should I reset so I get homun resu 5? I have the free reset but I'm not sure if it worths it.

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. You'll save 300mil or so worth of pots and you will level so much faster.

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. You'll save 300mil or so worth of pots and you will level so much faster.

300m? You're saying you'll use 330,000 white potions leveling it? ELEVEN STORAGES FULL? Over one BILLION hp?

Right, no. Recheck your figures, that number is way out of line.

I wouldn't waste the free reset on that, simply because you will then need to reset back to level 1 homun res once you and homun are 150 (genetic is desperately short of skill points. Those 4 extra points on res come straight out of your GENETIC skills, since all your biochem skill points go to must-have biochem skills)

Also, how do you get "stuck" at a level, when there are gramps turnins?

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#44 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Well, I'm too lazy to do it and when you are 133 you don't always find party that easily. LOL.
About the skills, well, my final skills include Homun Res lvl 5 lol. http://irowiki.org/~...eAqsqnjNrA2eIn1
Summon Marine Sphere 5 or Summon Flora 4, I don't really care that lol.

#45 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Aaacccgggghhhh that build.....

Only one branch of the interesting genetic skills?

Aid condensed potion?! What is this even FOR? It's worthless in WoE and everything I tried using it on now, because of the incredibly long FIXED cast time. It's twice as long to cast as bomb....

Plant cult 2?!

No sling item? How will you drop the banana bomb?

And you have extra biochem points you're putting into homun res that you could put into potion research for better potion recovery on yourself?

What exactly is the thinking behind that build?

#46 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

My Dieter can survive 1 GoH at full HP. He's a good meat shield especially if the person you're fighting with has bad targeting skills (tons of them in WoE today..... lol)

So Homunculus Rez 5 isn't so bad at all.

300m? You're saying you'll use 330,000 white potions leveling it? ELEVEN STORAGES FULL? Over one BILLION hp?

Right, no. Recheck your figures, that number is way out of line.

I meant 30mil but that should cover the cost of the neutralizer right?

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#47 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Aaacccgggghhhh that build.....

Only one branch of the interesting genetic skills?

Aid condensed potion?! What is this even FOR? It's worthless in WoE and everything I tried using it on now, because of the incredibly long FIXED cast time. It's twice as long to cast as bomb....

Plant cult 2?!

No sling item? How will you drop the banana bomb?

And you have extra biochem points you're putting into homun res that you could put into potion research for better potion recovery on yourself?

What exactly is the thinking behind that build?

I won't woe with him, I already have one of my suras for that lol, I'll mostly mvp, ET and that kind of stuff. I don't get the point of getting Item Sling. I won't be a potter or a food maker, so I don't think I need Mixed Cooking and Bomb Creation but well, I could put those Summon Flora points in Potion Research for potion recovery. I also don't think Thorn Trap, Thorn Wall, Crazy Vines, Blood Sucker, Hell Plant and Mandragora Howl are useful at PvM, MvP, ET, and stuff (things not related to WoE). If I'm wrong just let me know, I can be lol. Aid Condensed Pot when killing Beelze. And Cultive plant 2, because I thought it would be useful when I'm bored, is it a waste of point?

My Dieter can survive 1 GoH at full HP. He's a good meat shield especially if the person you're fighting with has bad targeting skills (tons of them in WoE today..... lol)

So Homunculus Rez 5 isn't so bad at all.

I meant 30mil but that should cover the cost of the neutralizer right?

30m isn't that much for 150ing an homun, 300m was lol. But I'll try to lvl more and get homun res lvl 5

#48 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well, I'm too lazy to do it and when you are 133 you don't always find party that easily. LOL.
About the skills, well, my final skills include Homun Res lvl 5 lol. http://irowiki.org/~...eAqsqnjNrA2eIn1
Summon Marine Sphere 5 or Summon Flora 4, I don't really care that lol.

- Why you bother summon flora if no hell plant there?
- plant cultivation yeah, what? you're gonna azoth/hocus pocus mvp-leveling that tooks 24 hours?
- Aid condensed pot? zzzzzz...
- 2 points for vending
- Demonic Fire lv 5

Really even I admit I'm not expert to Genetic skills but ugh what...Even if this is not woe build, my char is not pure-woe one but I can tell many wrong things. You can even semi-brewing without hell plant or other branches (call mix cooking there). If there is no neuralizer, you just waste 3 years calendar from harvest moon for destroying your village...

#49 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

- Why you bother summon flora if no hell plant there?
- plant cultivation yeah, what? you're gonna azoth/hocus pocus mvp-leveling that tooks 24 hours?
- Aid condensed pot? zzzzzz...
- 2 points for vending
- Demonic Fire lv 5

Really even I admit I'm not expert to Genetic skills but ugh what...Even if this is not woe build, my char is not pure-woe one but I can tell many wrong things. You can even semi-brewing without hell plant or other branches (call mix cooking there). If there is no neuralizer, you just waste 3 years calendar from harvest moon for destroying your village...

Well, but Neura exists, and even if it wouldn't, I still have the free reset lol.
-Okay, Summon Flora can be a bad skill comparing it to Hell Plant, but I should remake the skill tree to get that one.
-What do you mean by azoth/hocus pocus the mvp? Be more specific, can't understand you, sorry.
-Why is it so bad? Is it only for the fixed cast time? or what?
-You mean I should put off 2 points of vending so I don't use the biochemist skill points for that, right?
-Demonic Fire is in lvl 5, and I think it's the greates lvl of the skill, isn't it?

So, why is so damn wrong? Use that web and make a correct skill tree for a non-woe only mvp geneticist should have and post it here then, please.

Edit: oh, and btw. That skill tree is what I wanted to have, not what I have. but yeah, I was on my way to that one :P
Edit2: I made this new one http://irowiki.org/~...jSqqjNrFaoaeIn1 9 points left. Don't know if Mixed Cooking worth it since I don't really know the formula to create the items, or is it just random?

Edited by Joaco, 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#50 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

-Okay, Summon Flora can be a bad skill comparing it to Hell Plant, but I should remake the skill tree to get that one.

Summon Flora boosts Hell Plant's level. If you're going to get Hell Plant, you should get Summon Flora too.

-What do you mean by azoth/hocus pocus the mvp? Be more specific, can't understand you, sorry.

As far as I know, you can't polymorph an MVP and you can't polymorph a normal monster into an MVP. You can, however, turn a normal monster into an MVP with the hocus pocus skill. Though, the chance of this happening is very very low.

-Why is it so bad? Is it only for the fixed cast time? or what?

Mainly, yes. It also has a limited area of effect compared to Coluseo Heal. But still, the others are incorrect in saying that it is completely useless. It does have some use, albeit a limited one. You can use it to heal several party members at once, but the long cast time and limited area of effect does make it less useful in emergency situations.

If you had to choose between Full Chemical Protection and Aid Condensed Potion, Full Chemical Protection would be the wiser choice, especially for MvP purposes. Generally, people choose either Aid Condensed Potion level 10 or Full Chemical Protection level 5, not both. The remaining skill points are better spend, for skills like Potion Research, as DrAzzy suggested.

- Demonic Fire lv 5

As far as I know, Demonic Fire level 5 does not boost the damage of Fire Expansion level 5. Only level 1 and 2 of Fire Expansion is boosted by the level of Demonic Fire.

So, why is so damn wrong? Use that web and make a correct skill tree for a non-woe only mvp geneticist should have and post it here then, please.

I believe this would be the bare essentials for battling MvPs:
http://irowiki.org/~...FqsGBdAqsqn7In1

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 10 January 2013 - 03:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users