Battlegrounds longevity suggestions - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Battlegrounds longevity suggestions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#26 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Why has no GM responded to this thread yet?

#27 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

because they don't read suggestions forum

#28 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Updated because of reasons. I've been nice to Heim, maybe I can ask him directly about it.

#29 Foaad

Foaad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

+9000 to OP

#30 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

I`m also have an idea for special reward for Expanded classes for participating in BG for long with special PvP/BG/WoE headgear. This headgear should provide these classes some kind of boost in these gameplay areas, but it should require some sizeable farming time in the underdog position.

#31 JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Just to shed a little light on what may be a different type of player, for example, I don't really care for PvM or MvPing. I actually dislike PvP. But I LOVE WoE, and it's the only reason why I've been playing RO for 7+ years. As far as BG(KvM) is concerned with me, even though its rules are more similar to WoE with its reductions and no push back etc, the randomness of the teams just kills it for me. If it were at all possible to BG(KvM) consistently with the same people, like your guild, I would love to BG all day, every day. I would even build characters specifically FOR BG. Simmer down though, I am not even making such a crazed suggestion at all. I don't even see how that could even possibly work atm. I am just saying that because of the nature of BG, I am one of those individuals who will ONLY participate in it for the gears and items that I need/want for my WoE experience/characters (then quit/leave). Just a bit of input from another point of view sense we are discussing ways to make BG better/active.

Also, addressing the "farming" of BG, I recall many a time on Iris spending an hour or so of searching just to get BG started. Having players contact their guild members, friends list, shout outside towns etc, and for what people you've already had down there waiting, they keep leave after only waiting for 5 min. Loosing them as quickly as they come. Filling in empty slots with dual, triple, sometimes quadruple clienting from several people seemed like the only way to even get BG started. It even got to a point where we would still have trouble getting it started after WoEs sometimes. However, with enough numbers to get it running for a while, some real players would eventually check BG, see that it is living, and relieve some poor unfortunate soul from quad clienting characters they don't need medals on. Eventually numbers sometimes come to an actual 2 sided match. While I may agree that "farming" while keeping active players out of matches shouldn't be going on, at many similarly described BG experiences I've had, I feel that completely locking out the ability to dual client in the area would have just ensured that BG stayed dead 95% of the time. While it may be more effective to do so, not everyone "farming" in BG comes down there with that unwavering intent. It is sometimes the result of desperately trying to get anything at all. Hopefully Classic Loki BG will be active enough for all types of players to enjoy/get what they need/want from it.

#32 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

bump (this thread is better oda)

#33 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'm reading this thread very much: http://www.playragna...aspx?id=225&p=1

#34 killthebeast

killthebeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

bg is -_- stupid right now. people are bringing 2-3 alts in order to farm badges. there are lots of idle characters in the spawn points. :pif:

#35 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Flavius & Terra need Pet Breeder in the respawn room

#36 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

(I could not find anyplace else for this suggestion, so I guess this spot will do)

What about bringing back a newbie version of Battlegrounds and PvP?

And maybe put some kind of restriction on level range and/or weapon levels?

Edited by Xplay4eva, 20 October 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#37 StevieMac

StevieMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

I kinda like BGs the way it is now. If it's up all the time I'm just not gonna feel like going XD. I like killing the alts on the other teams ship sometimes, cuz the game is often over before I can do anything else. To start BGs all you need to do really is put an alt with a chatroom next to the BG npc in pront. Last time i tried that though hardly anyone came.. Why do we WANT merchants flooding prontera again? XD They made my chatroom harder to see. I would probly BG more if i knew when it was up (I bet this is true for most people, and I can usually get an idea from it, but I'm to tired now) XD.
My next best idea for the people who really want to bg (for fun?), is to quit your semi-serious woe guild and make a guild for BGs (It's not as useless as a "friends guild" or "Afk buddies guild"). Idk if anyone's tried this. If you can find 55 active people who like pvp and encourage them to BG, then I think you can keep BGs up for several hours every day. That would help everyone right? or am I dreaming out loud? :blahblah:

Edited by StevieMac, 28 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#38 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

I think it would make sense to adjust the price of the rations. They are way too expensive compared to the amount of blues/whites you get.

10 badges for 1 pink ration

10 badges for 150 blue pots

Maybe make it 2, or 3 badges per ration?

#39 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think it would make sense to adjust the price of the rations. They are way too expensive compared to the amount of blues/whites you get.

10 badges for 1 pink ration

10 badges for 150 blue pots

Maybe make it 2, or 3 badges per ration?

This makes perfect sense, always thought it was dumb rations were incredibly expensive compared to the potions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users