Merge both servers? - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Merge both servers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#76 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

yeah merge them...
maybe the farming spots and training spots will be taken, but there will be more people to play with in pvp area's and easier to sell gears..

#77 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

how about just tg and cd for now? like when entering tg, people from both servers can join one single map, etc.
Would they ever think of doing this?? merging servers

#78 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Not even possible with the current software unless they've made absolutely huge changes. The "servers" use their own databases and create their own instances of maps. I can't even begin to imagine what a huge headache this would be. This is one of those cases where less is actually more, as in a lot more work. Merging the entire servers together would be easier unfortunately.

#79 MagicaDespell

MagicaDespell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Leo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

if having different servers will keep duping from coming back I rather keep them apart. I remember when duping ruin iRose beta.

The issuse with dupe items is the person will dupe the item then sell it off at super low price and then transfer the money to another account or trade for items. it becomes a headache to track and only way to make sure no one lose anything is to roll back to backup. so unless they patch the dupe issue for good there is no way I want the server merge.

Edited by MagicaDespell, 04 January 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#80 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

merge them, kthxbye.

Edited by Teus, 04 January 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#81 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

where you been in those 48 hours x]

Try making the guy then..

If taken and you never saw him online? Its likely he no longer play the game, and it will be your chance to retake your name!

I never bothered to be honest, I played draco for like a month and ragequit outta boredom cuz it was dead.

#82 AllUpOnYourFace

AllUpOnYourFace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:Leones

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

May I ask what it is you're looking to resolve or accomplish by merging?

Server disconnections are not caused because of the number of servers active.
I suppose that, yes, there would be more people to play with per area, but then you may also have the issue of overcrowding in certain areas as well.

Is there another reason? :)

the only thing is, if the number of active players in the game doesnt affect the sever disconnection, whut does? I find it funny how Leones is always the one the has all the bugs while in draco everything run smoothly

Edited by AllUpOnYourFace, 04 January 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#83 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

As much as I would like the 3 channels back, is it even sorted?
I mean with the duping/glitching/exploits or whatever you call it back then, that's why the channels were closed in the first place.

The Trade channel was suggested long ago actually, but it's always had been Channel 1 as the norm.
Oh how I do miss the channels and their status.
Examples were like: Channel 1 (Busy), Channel 2: (Normal).
Another thing is the economy, I ever doubt Draconis can even compete with Leonis in terms of the in-game items.
The average player has millions on one, whilst the other has hundreds of millions in comparison.

I'm not worried about having things transferred over, it's just the IGN clashing.
And I seriously doubt that some people here would be happy having tags on their names, a little icon like the clan logo is nicer.

If that wasn't possible imagine the players fighting for the names.
Wouldn't you be mad if you had your name for "X" amount of time only to be taken by someone else?

Unless the channel issue is solved, a merger wouldn't even be anytime soon

I do like the idea of a partial merger as Naughty said.
This could link TG, Game Arena and a trade channel system.
Something like a 3rd server that acts like a world server?

That way if the server one server drops, you can still play on the other that didn't.

#84 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I would take the too much over too little anytime.

#85 Ayyoroo

Ayyoroo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I wouldn't personally say merging would be the best idea but if the GMs made it so players can choose any servers to play in, in my opinion. Let the players choose for themselves! :D

#86 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

It was somewhat of a retorical question. I realized that draconis was a fresh start and acknowledged that for a time it probably served the purpose of being it's own world and it's own economy. However, I believe that given the same equipment, IM items, and conditions, it would eventually catch up to the Leonis so whatever "advantages" Draconis may have once had are probably going to reach a point of diminishing returns - its more a matter of when. I am glad to hear you can verbalize things are fine and busy, that is good to hear.

As for drain on zuly, you must be refering to higher players because Naughty and I played some characters up a few months ago in the 0-120 range and we had to continually feed them zuly off or our existing characters to keep them leveling - just playing seemed to be a zuly drain. It really seems like it is MUCH harder to make money in contrast to the olden days, and apparently you really have to rely on selling IM stuff to make significant money, at least at the lower levels. The drops have been curtailed so even farming seems to have lost it's appeal in contrast to a few year ago also. Farming is what Naughty and I used to enjoy our past time doing since PVP has never been our cup of tea, PVP seems to have taken precidence in terms of development and developer time during the last couple years.

THIS, ALL OF THIS! (i cant even imagine leveling new characters unsupported now...)

#87 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's a fact. There has been a decline in players both high and low levels. They have ventured off to different games due to the lack of content and population. You might be content with it Leonis; however, the players who play this game on a daily basis aren't.

Still waiting for a response Leonis.

#88 Fl4wl3ss

Fl4wl3ss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Im for Merging both server it will make us stronger as a whole community.

"Together we stand Divided we fall"

#89 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

I miss old days where zant/junon/luna full of shops..

#90 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Leonis mever answered :[

#91 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Its a weekend, he probably has off until Monday.

#92 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

have to admit that i love when at the end of my topics it says 'hot' lol

#93 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's actually the closest explanation I've seen here as far as actually understanding duping, his reason it happens is very close to right.

The whole duping discussion needs to be deleted from this discussion (hint mods?) It has nothing to do with servers/channels/the discussion in general and it's bordering on giving people far more information than they need.

#94 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

It's actually the closest explanation I've seen here as far as actually understanding duping, his reason it happens is very close to right.

The whole duping discussion needs to be deleted from this discussion (hint mods?) It has nothing to do with servers/channels/the discussion in general and it's bordering on giving people far more information than they need.

I have unapproved the last 2 posts. The one giving the explanation and the one quoting it.
Im leaving the report open for the CMs to review, as im no expert on what was said.

#95 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

It does pertain to the topic calder, as that;s the reason why the multi-channel was taken down. and then because of the massive crowding on 1 server with 1 channel, they made draconis. Now, they're both packed for the most part, and merging the servers would bring up CD's qeueing quicker, and multi-channels would sort the crowded spots. That, or open yet another server.. and worsen the effects of GA... but still have a place for new players, and lessen the over crowding of areas.

#96 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I notice the comments about merging servers would result in overcrowding and too much competition. In my opinion, more players may lead to that BUT that is due to how the monsters are spawned as well as the distribution of materials. Every single map could have a tremendous amount of potential. Yet there are truly just a handful of spots I can count with my fingers worth even leveling/farming at. The rest of the locations within every single map has such a minuscule amount of spawns that it would be pointless to even try and be productive there.

My suggestions:
1. Change the type of monsters that spawn in those small spawns all over the map
2. Make it so these small spawns would possibly have higher drop rate than the larger spawns.

Purpose:
1. This would make the smaller spawns more ideal for farming mats and other items.
2. Larger spawns more ideal for leveling
3. Distribute the players amongst more deserted places

Edited by tENLAVUU, 07 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#97 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

It does pertain to the topic calder, as that;s the reason why the multi-channel was taken down. and then because of the massive crowding on 1 server with 1 channel, they made draconis. Now, they're both packed for the most part, and merging the servers would bring up CD's qeueing quicker, and multi-channels would sort the crowded spots. That, or open yet another server.. and worsen the effects of GA... but still have a place for new players, and lessen the over crowding of areas.

Not getting into this further, but trust me. I know your knowledge of the game is pretty in-depth but it doesn't take multiple channels to dupe, nor does it make it easier to do. It isn't relevant to the discussion since it doesn't make duping easier.

To be quite honest it's not a terribly difficult change to make to fix duping entirely to the point where it isn't even possible. It does add some overhead to the traffic but not enough to be noticeable.

#98 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Just bring channels back. If duping was a problem, then fix it internally rather than causing the entire game to suffer by straying away from having crowded areas. Games that appear "dead," especially in low-level areas like El Verloon Desert and Valley of Luxem Tower, makes new players quit very fast. The presence of other players, at least in my eyes, keeps me playing. It shouldn't take approximately 35 levels (the level usually used when leveling at Junon) to experience more than a few other players.

Edited by ChXaXin, 07 January 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#99 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I miss old days where zant/junon/luna full of shops..

Luna full of Shops? wow that would have been much fun if that is the case until today to the day I die.

Luna now adays is so borring I avoid going there as much as possible it makes feel so depressed, First there is that NPC who's wife got killed by Penguins who also happnes to be a Drunk Bum. And every thing in Luna is like Crack. Deymn Deym. it should be called Luno.

#100 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

If they merge the 2 servers then its likely draconis will be the survivor. This is a hardware issue leonis said its the more powerful server and that it has not suffered as much in the recent problems. Maybe they could just get a more powerful server than the other two and then we might get a better service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users