A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops - Page 4 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

A Guide to Full-Support Archbishops

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#76 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Affection set has never been good. It's not bad for bigger heal numbers, but the slight heal boost is not worth the tradeoff from not having a raydric carded garment, or the extra HP/SP from variants.

Some of the individual pieces are decent however. Robe of Affection itself has holy property, which is like a free angeling card for an AB! Empowered Wand of Affection by itself has decent heal as well.

Chibi Pope + Blush combo is better for healing than Ygg Crown, but by a small minor amount. The real nice part about it is having two slots on top + mid, so you can use two different cards. Some nice cards are AA, ungoliant, KK (for top only), nightmare card, and you can use a combination of these. Pharaoh Card and White Lady card are nice of course if you can afford them, but if you can, you probably wouldn't need advice on how to use them. Mistress Card is probably nice too.

Parus Card when released in the future will give nice heal boosts. I wouldn't recommend using Rhyncho Card in the meantime considering the price tag, and Parus will beat it I believe.

I see. Thanks for info. I'll use my Nid garb n variant shoes instead. My heal amount drops alot below 3000 (I used to have 3.5k heal with affection set at lv 110). But if the affection set is really bad, just like you said, then I will follow your advice. Again, thanks for info man.

#77 Avehn

Avehn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

What stat should I prioritize first, LUK or DEX? I'm 99 H.Priest with 99 INT, 40 DEX, and 93 VIT. Should I increase my LUK first or DEX or should I forgo both of them to max INT?

Planned stats:

2 STR

1 AGI

95 VIT

109 INT

94 DEX

100 LUK

#78 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Ygg crown is not worse than the pope combo, it is way better! You will heal yourself for significantly more. You will need a white lady or Parus card for chibi Pope to be better.

#79 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ygg crown is not worse than the pope combo, it is way better! You will heal yourself for significantly more. You will need a white lady or Parus card for chibi Pope to be better.

Yeah, I borrowed my friend's chibi and blush. My heal amount is around the same as +9 ygg. But when I heal myself, I can heal like 300++ higher than chibi.

More question guys, what the optimum dex for PvM FS AB? 70 enough?

#80 WhiteMeow

WhiteMeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Finally my heal slave become AB

i love that colouseo heal and party buff for easy click and walk   :p_love:

May i ask what gear should i get ? (heal%,SP pool, or SP regen)

i dont want spend excesive amount of zeny right now because i still need that for my ranger.

(max 100m for full equip might do)

something come in mind to get for long term

Valk Shield

Variant Shoe?

Ygg Crown/Dress Hat

Holy Stick+Benevolent

Strong Recovery Wand

any other suggestion ?

#81 2170131024001611920

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I can't quite decide on my final stats.

Do these sound good for somebody who wants to do a bit of everything, woe and mvp and pvp?

STR 30

AGI 56

VIt 105

INT 105

DEX 80

LUK 77

#82 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but where on earth can I find out a leveling path? I want to be FS but hearing how hard it can be is putting me off, I don't really have much of a party or guild to level with..

#83 skittishcat

skittishcat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Chaos renewal

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I can't quite decide on my final stats.

Do these sound good for somebody who wants to do a bit of everything, woe and mvp and pvp?

STR 30

AGI 56

VIt 105

INT 105

DEX 80

LUK 77

I suppose you want 30 STR for carrying stuff for WOE and 77 LUK is for AA card bonus.

I think 105 VIT and 105 INT is a bit of a waste. maybe drop it to 100 and use the skill point for AGI instead.

DEX also looks a bit high for me. IMHO drop it to 50 and push the points to AGI.

Maybe I'm missing something but where on earth can I find out a leveling path? I want to be FS but hearing how hard it can be is putting me off, I don't really have much of a party or guild to level with..

It is not that hard, but FS can be challenging if you don't have a friend to support. But compared to how it was before renewal, life as FS priest never been easier. Based on my limited experience, you have several options:

Option 1: Make a melee char to dual and leech your FS.

Option 2: If you got a bit of zeny, get yourself a highly upgraded mace or fire mace or highly upgraded fire mace or RWC mace & RWC ring (kafra shop). Smack anything you can find. Even with 1 STR and 1 AGI you still do enough damage.

Option 3: Hire merchenaries in prontera. Or if you're VIP or have some reset stone to get limited VIP, you can hire free merchenaries in eden.

Level 1 to priesthood: several options available

- spore/boa >> orc village >> orc dungeon

- payon dungeon >> orc dungeon >> GH

- ant hell until lv 30 >> overlook VIP dungeon until 70 (this is my favorite)

- other leveling places appropriate for your level.

Early priesthood to 70:

Option 1: no zeny needed

continue with whatever you're doing

Option 2: Several million of zeny

Keep doing previous leveling method until level 56 and buy 2800 maneater blossom. Then do the eden maneater quest thing.

70-150:

TI TI TI TI. FS priest/high priest/arch bishop are highly sought after in TI parties. Priests never got rejected (trust me.. I have 5 priest characters)

and do quests like : Brasilis Murder Mystery, Kiel Hyre, sign quest etc.

#84 2170131024001611920

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

I think my consternation is due to not really knowing how important resisting bleeding is. Is it something you are hit by in pvp frequently, or is it more of a PvM skill for the most part? Should I really build against it, or put more points in healing and health?
I'm deciding between two stat builds.

Build A:

30 Str

104 Int - 2219 Heal/7100 HHeal

54 Agi - 70% Bleeding resist

80 Dex - 23.03% Cast delay

105 Vit

80 Luk - 12 Perfect dodge with gloria, 77 seems a waste without those three more points, since it would be 11 perfect dodge.

24549 Base HP

3691 Base SP

Or

Build B:

30 Str

100 Int - 2174 Heal/6956 HHeal

84 Agi - 100% Bleeding resist

68 Dex - 26.54% Cast delay

100 Vit

80 Luk

23964 Base HP

3625 Base SP

#85 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'd go with build B because:

• Agi at 54 in build A doesn't make sense in either PVP or PVM environment, either get full resistance 84 agi or leave agi at 1 and use Ungoliant carded headgear instead. I'd rather go with the 84 agi to have a free headgear slot open and to get most of the benefits of agi. Bleeding is a very annoying skill to deal with so get resistance against it.
  • Vit is fine at 100 base, or if you want you can go with 95+5. Anything more than that is a waste of stats.
  • Int is debatable depending on the other stats. You can go anywhere between 100-120 int. Heal amount shouldn't be a concern with the variety of healing gear we have.
  • Dex at 80 is a bit high but that the highest I'd go. Anywhere between 60-80 seems reasonable.
  • You would like Luk to be at 77 minimum to work with ArchAngeling card. Personally, I have luk at 90 base with Costume Tarnished Lamp its 100 for resistance.

Edited by Beata, 09 November 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#86 Heroshi

Heroshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thank you guys for the help this far, I'm still slightly confused though. If I want to be FS should I just follow page one of this guide with stats/skills? Or should I level some other way to make it easier? And if the latter, what kind of build/stats?

Edit: Okay it seems the stats to go for, for pure PvE seems to just be basically what was said but, no agi. And compared skill builds between three people I, kind of have an idea of what to go for.

Now just to hope I can level easy enough in time, hoping that guide above works out, is that for trans characters only? I'm brand new and spored kicked the -_- out of me. I did manage to level to 12 though and got the equipment quest done, dunno where to go now.

Edited by Heroshi, 10 November 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#87 MichaelM

MichaelM

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Alright I have a few questions and am looking for some insight. I played many years ago pre-renewal and while I’m very familiar with Ragnarok, I’m not familiar with Renewal mechanics nor Arc Bishops. I’ll break my questions up by paragraph. To clarify I am only interested in FS PvM.

I’ve been reading through the stat builds in this thread and I see a ton of people putting points into AGI and I’m not sure why. My gut instinct would be to pump INT to 120, then a lot of VIT and some DEX. Can someone give me the explanation of what AGI does for a full support? I would think unless you're getting it VERY high you won't be dodging higher level monsters very well. Those extra points seem like they would help more in INT or VIT.

I see that people are recommending getting LUK to 77, but that’s only for an arc-angling card. If you have one I would completley agree that doubling your SP regen is worth the points. However, are these even obtainable? If I save up hundreds of millions of zeny can I realistically get one of these? Or are there so few of them in circulation and such demand/competition that I shouldn't plan on it?

Right now I’m 97/70 and so I have to figure out my skills soon. I think I got it figured out but I’m not sure how different high level play is and the usefulness of certain skills. Here are my questions about skills:

Epiclesis – This sounds like a great panic/recovery skill in case the party starts going down, is it worth maxing? It seems its biggest draw is that it revives everyone in the area. Is the extra max health and sp regen really useful?

Praefatio – I’ve read that this skill is not used much, is that true? Most of the time I try to keep Assumptio up rather than Kyrie, only using Kyrie on the tank so they don’t get hit-locked pulling everything in. Thinking about getting it only to 5 for prerequisites if it’s never used.

Clearance – At level 1 this has a 68% of working. I could steal a few points out of Epiclesis to get this maxed. I suppose I’m not aware of just how often/nasty status effects are in high level play. 

Silentium - Seems very situation dependent and I don't think I'd ever use it. I don't even keep Lex Divina on my hotbar. Thoughts? 

Edited by 1289131104121230153, 19 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#88 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I’ve been reading through the stat builds in this thread and I see a ton of people putting points into AGI and I’m not sure why. My gut instinct would be to pump INT to 120, then a lot of VIT and some DEX. Can someone give me the explanation of what AGI does for a full support? I would think unless you're getting it VERY high you won't be dodging higher level monsters very well. Those extra points seem like they would help more in INT or VIT.

Agi benefits have already been explained in the OP. Its not only for dodge its mostly to resist status alignments such as Sleep and Bleeding. You will need 100 total Agi for total immunity. Either get the full immunity or leave it at 1 Agi and use carded gears to resist. I'd go for a versatile character that depends the least on gears.

I see that people are recommending getting LUK to 77, but that’s only for an arc-angling card. If you have one I would completley agree that doubling your SP regen is worth the points. However, are these even obtainable? If I save up hundreds of millions of zeny can I realistically get one of these? Or are there so few of them in circulation and such demand/competition that I shouldn't plan on it?

AA card is worth it and it's not rare anymore, you should be able to get one. Remember luk has it own benefits too, it increases your matk (more heal) and give you resistance to status alignments at 100. Curse comes to mind.

Epiclesis – This sounds like a great panic/recovery skill in case the party starts going down, is it worth maxing? It seems its biggest draw is that it revives everyone in the area. Is the extra max health and sp regen really useful?

The skill works at it best when maxed, so if you are planning to use it max it. It comes handy in situations where the party is stationary or during instance runs. Classes that benefit of max HP increase would love this.

Praefatio – I’ve read that this skill is not used much, is that true? Most of the time I try to keep Assumptio up rather than Kyrie, only using Kyrie on the tank so they don’t get hit-locked pulling everything in. Thinking about getting it only to 5 for prerequisites if it’s never used.

Its situational and you only need it to be at level 5 as a pre req for Sacrament.

Clearance – At level 1 this has a 68% of working. I could steal a few points out of Epiclesis to get this maxed. I suppose I’m not aware of just how often/nasty status effects are in high level play.

Also situational specially where you don't have a sorcerer/scholar in your party for dispel. I have it at level 2.

Silentium - Seems very situation dependent and I don't think I'd ever use it. I don't even keep Lex Divina on my hotbar. Thoughts? 

Unless you have leftover points, don't bother with it. Most likely you won't use it ever.

Edited by Beata, 19 November 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#89 MichaelM

MichaelM

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well I read what was in the OP about AGI and that’s why I’m asking, I’ll elaborate. Using a stat calculator I plugged in a 99 AGI build very similar to what’s in the OP and another build I would make with the extra points saved.

STR	1	1		
AGI	1	99		
VIT	99	99		
INT	120	99		
DEX	85	65		
LUK	77	77		

Difference	

SP	3341	3024	317 less
DEF	124	144	20 more
MDEF	194	169	25 less
FLEE	266	364	98 more
MATK	260	225	35 less
ASPD	160.5	169.9	9.4 more (does this have any noticeable effect?)
SPRegen	58	47	11 less

CstTime	40.72%	47.30%	6.58% more
HealAmt	1880	1725	155 less

The way I look at it the higher SP, SP Regen, Heal and reduced cast time would outweigh extra flee, soft def and two immunities. Especially since my gear and buffs would be increasing these values based off percentage so the differences would be even more drastic. However here are the unknowns for me and potentially deciding factors.

For the status immunity to Sleep and Bleeding, how often do they happen in level 100+ areas? Bleeding, while obnoxious, does not immediately put the party in danger as you still have the cushion of your available SP before it’s a problem. Within that time you can remove it with Clearance right? Sleep seems like a bigger problem, but again how often does this happen? If it’s seldom and very situational I think it would be better to have a situational piece of equipment rather than more beneficial stats being lower forever.

Also, and granted I've only done the low level TI so far, but I can only imagine that most 100+ areas are just as mobby. If that is the case is the extra 100 to flee provided by 99 AGI going to make a difference in actual practice? Do those of you with 99 AGI find yourself still getting hit a lot?

I’m looking for some opinions and real experiences about it.

Thanks for answering the other questions. I’m now wondering if two arc angeling cards is out of the question…… :). I hit level 100 last night and have 8 job levels so far. These Arc Bishop skills destroy my SP.

#90 Haweh

Haweh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Tim Hortons (Canada)
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

I agree with you on Bleed being not immediately fatal. I normally just use Clearance or a Cure Free consumable when I'm feeling lazy about re-casting buffs.

The only time where I've found sleep to be a significant issue is when fighting Beelzebub - I just wear a Nightmare Card for that. PvP and WoE might be a different story, I'm mostly a PvM/MvP player.

I've found flee is completely worthless (except perhaps on a thief character that has Improve Dodge) against anything above level 100. You may be able to dodge 1-2 monsters, or none at all. Your flee rate is reduced based on how many monsters are attacking you simultaneously (I believe it is divided? Not sure). They tend to start having high hit rates and use more attacks that can't miss (most magic and some special monster skills) at higher level, so percentage damage reductions from say, elemental armor or cards become more helpful.

I personally don't own any Arch Angeling cards at all, but they're nice when I can loan them from a friend. Despite the high up-front SP costs of Clementia, Cantocandidus, and Coluseo Heal, they are actually more SP efficient compared to their single-target variants (360/240/240 compared to 64/45/40. Now multiply the single target SP costs by 12 for a full party). The key to priests, in my humble opinion, is learning SP management. It does get easier as your level increases and you have a larger SP pool.

#91 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Spoiler

Depending on what your end goal is, having immune to status will save you and your party a lot of trouble.

If you are going to do a lot of instances such as endless tower AGI benefits will kick in. A lot of monsters and MvPs in there cast sleep and bleed.

Bleed is troublesome it will block your SP regen, you don't want that to happen during an instance where you will be heavy on your SP pool. Clearance is not 100% chance and it has cooldown, so it wont be practical to use at a critical point in an instance. A sorcerer may save the day, but it will get troublesome to keep asking for SP and dispel each time you get status. However, you can use SP potions and Cure Free to clear. Would prefer to be as efficient in consumables as possible and only resort to such at danger stages. You are a priest, that need to support and not get supported all of the times :P.

In PVM and turn-in it really depends on the kind of mobs available. Keep an eye on the mobs that specially cast AoE status. Salamnder is a good example and its being used in high turn-in this week. It has AoE bleed. The same goes for sleep. For example, if you decided to level in Juperos Ruins 01 watch out for Venatu (Purple) as it inflicts Sleep while attacking.

As for flee, it works nicely with PD on low leveled mobs. Though, the higher the mobs get the difficult it gets to flee them.

Regarding status immunity gears, you can get away with them in PvM environment easily. However, in instances it would be best to wear elemental/racial/cast reduction gears.

At the end, its a matter of preference and end goal. There is nothing wrong with either build, but if you would like an all around priest for any place go with the agi. I happen to find myself always playing my 100 agi priest than the 120 int one. But then again it all depends on what you will be using your priest for.

Edited by Beata, 21 November 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#92 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Points beyond 100 are just really expensive. I tend to prefer builds with several stats around 100 or under, as thry are more balanced and versatile. 20 stat points is easy to get from +20 stat foods for those really important situations too.

You can also consider a "middle point" build with 110 base int. Points get much more expensive at the 105, 110, 115 points.

Edited by kasshin, 21 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#93 Marrea

Marrea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Stupid question, but where can you get an Arc Angeling Card? Ragial doesn't have any so that tells me it can't be sold. Which begs the question... where do you get it?

I was thinking about putting that card on my +4 Mitra. Good or bad idea?

#94 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Stupid question, but where can you get an Arc Angeling Card? Ragial doesn't have any so that tells me it can't be sold. Which begs the question... where do you get it?

I was thinking about putting that card on my +4 Mitra. Good or bad idea?

Ragial doesn't show them because people sell them for more than 99m. You can either put up a chat and show people that you're looking to buy the card, enter chats from people advertising their card or look for/create threads about this card at this forum or other forums. 

A Mitra is indeed a bad idea. I'd choose a slotted middle headgear or a decent upper headgear which you can trade between other accounts.

#95 Marrea

Marrea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Oh that explains a lot. Well, that's something I'll never be able to afford lol. Thanks for the info!

#96 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Looks fine, if you want to prioritize having a shorter cast time over avoiding bad status effects. Which is perfectly valid, don't get me wrong! Actually if that's your goal, you can get over 70 DEX by the time you reach 160 (if those extra 10 levels have been implemented already, I'm still a bit out of the loop from finals). In fact, according to the iRO Wiki's stat calculator at 160 you can get up to 100 base DEX, 100 INT, 77 LUK, 96 AGI, and 95 VIT, and still have 16 stat points left over to assign where you wish!

Where is that stat calculator?  The only one I can find on irowiki goes up to base 99.

#97 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

http://calc.irowiki.org/

You have to select third class jobs from the dropdown.

6uwKkjB.png

#98 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Oh thanks.  I didn't even see that this time around.  And does anyone have any idea when they are going to raise the max level?

Edited by DestinyTalim, 27 November 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#99 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

No idea, you could post it in the tiki thread, maybe Oda will answer it on stream (more likely he can inquire with our Korean overlords when will we get that update).

#100 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

my recommended Skill Order:

Level 2. Praefatio
Level 3-4. Colueso Heal x2
Level 5-6. Canto Candidus x2
Level 7-9. Clementia
Level 10. Ancilla
Level 11-12. Colueso Heal / Canto Candidus 
Level 13-35 (Reserve your skill points)
Level 36. Sacrament x5

Praefatio at level 1 is just too good. the only reason why you have it at level 5 is because of sacrament, but if you do not have sacrament at level 5 yet, its better to leave it at 1. Also, Praefatio has a screenwide range already at level 1, compared to the other 3 party skills.

i do think that ab skills are underwhelming because most of them are just evolved Priest (and not High Priest) skills.

edit: Agree with Kasshin's post.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 21 February 2014 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users