Server cannot work without bot? - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Server cannot work without bot?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPalestine, Nazareth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

hello

First of all, I'm not a botter and I don't support them in the topic but we wanna talk about this

but lets face it...
-What would hapen if there is no bots? when some one pay cash, and he wanna sell his kps, who will buy it and where the zeny will come from? we all know most of zeny came from selling items from botters I guess
-also if u wanna make +9 muffler for example, who will sell u many many pieces? u can go to a merchant who is selling 10 mufflers but 90% maybe he is a botter? or maybe u will farm all ur gears manualy?
-where the zeny will come from? I remember in my ex server when we were noobs and bot is rare, GM were pumping money to fix the economy like 1m for every player some times I use like 1m pots in 1 day or more, imagine if 50 players did it again in 1 day, where the wasted zeny is going? no where, and how it comes from? from bot
-Really gravity and warpportal cannot ban bot? of course they can I think... but the want it to be limited not to be so common, even some private servers prevented it, if u just opened a bot u will be banned in 1 moment automatically.
I mean i dont think bot will be prevented here, in the renwel server bot is an issue since years years ago, in aRo also they changed hack shield suddenly and it catched all botters, but then the company edited the bot so it was working against the hack shield. in bRo, euro, fRo...etc they never prevented botting 100%, they just bann some people who bot madly

again : Notice : I'm not a bot supporter or user lol

#2 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

hello

First of all, I'm not a botter and I don't support them in the topic but we wanna talk about this

but lets face it...
-What would hapen if there is no bots? when some one pay cash, and he wanna sell his kps, who will buy it and where the zeny will come from? we all know most of zeny came from selling items from botters I guess
-also if u wanna make +9 muffler for example, who will sell u many many pieces? u can go to a merchant who is selling 10 mufflers but 90% maybe he is a botter? or maybe u will farm all ur gears manualy?
-where the zeny will come from? I remember in my ex server when we were noobs and bot is rare, GM were pumping money to fix the economy like 1m for every player some times I use like 1m pots in 1 day or more, imagine if 50 players did it again in 1 day, where the wasted zeny is going? no where, and how it comes from? from bot
-Really gravity and warpportal cannot ban bot? of course they can I think... but the want it to be limited not to be so common, even some private servers prevented it, if u just opened a bot u will be banned in 1 moment automatically.
I mean i dont think bot will be prevented here, in the renwel server bot is an issue since years years ago, in aRo also they changed hack shield suddenly and it catched all botters, but then the company edited the bot so it was working against the hack shield. in bRo, euro, fRo...etc they never prevented botting 100%, they just bann some people who bot madly

"we all know most of zeny came from selling items from botters I guess" Wut? This makes no sense. Anyway, I can do 2mil/hr if I'm feeling lazy just npcing crap.

I run Overlook for slotted mufflers/guards. Eden quests for red pots in the lower levels. I kill Groves for 2 weight "white pots".

No bots might mean things like, oh, I don't know, say strawberries might be worth more so newbies could get on their feet quicker.

#3 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

No bots might mean things like, oh, I don't know, say strawberries might be worth more so newbies could get on their feet quicker.

The market in RO is the most unfriendly to new players of any game that I have ever played. Sad truth.

#4 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

"we all know most of zeny came from selling items from botters I guess" Wut? This makes no sense. Anyway, I can do 2mil/hr if I'm feeling lazy just npcing crap.

I run Overlook for slotted mufflers/guards. Eden quests for red pots in the lower levels. I kill Groves for 2 weight "white pots".

Well u do 2m/h from what u collected in weeks and days. Don't convince me now if I gave u char lv 99 and told u go farm u will come back with 40 million /day ok?

about gears, if I wanna make shoes +10 now, I cannot do every thing from eden
most of zeny comes from bot, It's 100% right u can make 2m and me too, but not every day u can make millions of zeny

#5 gerpogi

gerpogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Server:classic,valk

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

i do agree. if bots were taken out of the current economy, farmed supplies(straws, man eaters, RK rune stuff,etc) would go up in prices like crazy.

lets face it, most people who play RO long enough dont "farm" anymore.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

the reason botting seems needed now is that peoples need high end gears faster due to the fact that leveling is entirely too fast... if it took you 2 years to get to max level thats plenty of time for you to acquire gears... people will say theyre too lazy to farm items to use for certain skills...oh well then i guess they are too lazy to use that skill... thats where some of the balance was supposed to come from... acid bombs and GX poisons wouldnt be as much of a threat if players had to farm their own items they would be less likely to use those skills... all in all this game was horribly planned for the long term... and classes and skills were kinda slapped together without much forethought

#7 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Well u do 2m/h from what u collected in weeks and days.

No, that's starting with an empty inventory, and picking up whatever drops from what you kill. I can't quite make that yet, but I can come close.

But as Azzy points out frequently, NPC'ing isn't a splendid way to make revenue.

#8 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Don't NPC stuff to make all your money. Just get about 5~10 mil. Then start "hustling" via ragial.com. I made about 100m starting from manipulating the elunium market all the way to dress hats (when it first came out, no one knew the prices so I bought all the 60~70m and sold it for 80~90m).

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Your entire topic became invalid after comparing an official server to a private server. Private servers have no reason to be botted for profit by zeny selling sites. There is no reason to bot them because they don't provide a profit in the long run. You don't have professionals botting private servers compared to the official servers.

#10 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

the reason botting seems needed now is that peoples need high end gears faster due to the fact that leveling is entirely too fast... if it took you 2 years to get to max level thats plenty of time for you to acquire gears... people will say theyre too lazy to farm items to use for certain skills...oh well then i guess they are too lazy to use that skill... thats where some of the balance was supposed to come from... acid bombs and GX poisons wouldnt be as much of a threat if players had to farm their own items they would be less likely to use those skills... all in all this game was horribly planned for the long term... and classes and skills were kinda slapped together without much forethought

I cannot believe :p_laugh: Finally we agree hahaha
anyways No bot = No ro... No zeny no thing .. people will hardly find bots and reach 99 in 2-3 years
and IT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!! to farm +7-+9 equips manually lol
people keep complaining of botting, and I'm pretty sure 90% of them bot with other chars to farm

#11 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Your entire topic became invalid after comparing an official server to a private server. Private servers have no reason to be botted for profit by zeny selling sites. There is no reason to bot them because they don't provide a profit in the long run. You don't have professionals botting private servers compared to the official servers.

I dunno if u r drunk while reading or u try to make up stories
I didn't compare pvt server with official one lol
I just said that banning all bot is possible, I didn't say any thing else about pvt server
it's all about official servers

Edited by Itov, 13 January 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#12 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

i do agree. if bots were taken out of the current economy, farmed supplies(straws, man eaters, RK rune stuff,etc) would go up in prices like crazy.

lets face it, most people who play RO long enough dont "farm" anymore.

They all know server cannot work without botters
they just try to say no and fight here

u know? to face the fact of saying that bot is important for any official server is not showing that u r using it

cuz when some people bot .. they wil provide zeny to all, for example I'm some one who is not botting,

we have 2 conditions
1- if I found item i will sell it expensive and so on until I have money to upgrade my gears to +7 and sell it to make more zeny
2- if i found an item i will not be able to sell it cuz it will be cheap and people dont have much zeny

#13 leinad

leinad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

LOL warpportal will crash and burn without bots.
Most ppl will stop playing, gene class will be rare, same for those classes that depends on the botted items so that they can *rock in WoE* and be untouchable.
Hence WP wont allow a non botted server.
Phen card will be 99m+ or 1K WPE.
LOL.
It would be nice tho, see ppl actually farming their own items.

#14 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Don't NPC stuff to make all your money. Just get about 5~10 mil. Then start "hustling" via ragial.com. I made about 100m starting from manipulating the elunium market all the way to dress hats (when it first came out, no one knew the prices so I bought all the 60~70m and sold it for 80~90m).

U dont get it bro, u depend on selling in ur zeny, cuz server has bots which provided zeny
I am saying what if bots r not in our server, who will buy ir elu and who will buy ur stuff and where the 70m will come from

Guys stop just saying no, just face it ok? we tried it in our ex server when it was new and its true really
all people were almost naked with no gears except 1 or 2 gears +4-+6 and few millions zeny were collected across months with hard working and slow leveling ==

#15 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

LOL warpportal will crash and burn without bots.
Most ppl will stop playing, gene class will be rare, same for those classes that depends on the botted items so that they can *rock in WoE* and be untouchable.
Hence WP wont allow a non botted server.
Phen card will be 99m+ or 1K WPE.
LOL.
It would be nice tho, see ppl actually farming their own items.

exactly ..even if it costs 5m no one is gonna buy it cuz 5m for an accessory card will be pretty hard and crazy thing to do

#16 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

You should make use of the "edit" button. -_-

I think a lot of the issues stem with kRO, anyways... I've reported bots and they've been removed, so I really think the GMs do what they can but they aren't in the position to add new software to keep bots out - unlike private servers, which you did mention, who have complete control over the server they're running.

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

um we dont agree... we dont agree at all... im saying this game would be way better without bots... back in the old days when iro was still young this was exactly how things were done.... yes bots were present but the items that were botted were mostly big ticket items like cards... and even then the cards wee not cheap... people used to have to grind their way to max level... now people can max level in weeks... it sounds to me like you dont want to actually play THIS game... you want to play some private server... every thread you start is trying to change the way the whole game works and has worked... bots suck period point blank... lazy players suck... the 2 feed each other... its not that the game cant live without botters its that lazy players cant live without botters...

PS: i actually DO farm all of my crap (with the exception of some of the headgears that are kafra available only)

Edited by Facekiller, 13 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I dunno if u r drunk while reading or u try to make up stories
I didn't compare pvt server with official one lol
I just said that banning all bot is possible, I didn't say any thing else about pvt server
it's all about official servers

For your information, I don't drink.

And you did mention private servers in your opening post. Here's a quote of it for reference:

#19 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

For your information, I don't drink.

And you did mention private servers in your opening post. Here's a quote of it for reference:

I don't drink either xD
Dude my point is, preventing botting is very possible and some pvt servers did it, its related to the system not to the kind of server

lets say pvt is different, Any gm can cross most of famous maps of botting in 30mins or 1h and bann 90% of botting
if only 3 gms cleaned the server they need 1h to clean all botting

My point again is GMs know they cannot bann all bot, they just make balance in botting ;-)

#20 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

people keep complaining of botting, and I'm pretty sure 90% of them bot with other chars to farm

If you want to discuss something rationally, you don't make statements like this.

What the server needs is a decent amount of old and new customers paying Gravity's bills and something that can keep these people play for a while. I'm not sure if bot farms fall into the category of valued customer. If a game can't be played without cheating, then there's no need playing it (this goes for any offline/online game).

#21 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ymir didn't have bots (maybe a few, but I didn't see any) and it was doing just fine in terms of usable loot/cards/eqiup. Yes, the declining population was a factor but that had nothing to do with bots.

Edited by Brenson, 13 January 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

hello

but lets face it...

kRO does not have bots and their economy functions.

#23 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

kRO does not have bots and their economy functions.

Kro had bot in the past
and ur talk proove my point that Gravity with iRo can stop botting but they dont want
They r old server and in the past they had bots and I THINK Zeny is too much there people almost have every thing

I heard in jRo and kRo they bot but not so much, but I'm certain that they botted in the past , about now dunno

#24 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

If you want to discuss something rationally, you don't make statements like this.

What the server needs is a decent amount of old and new customers paying Gravity's bills and something that can keep these people play for a while. I'm not sure if bot farms fall into the category of valued customer. If a game can't be played without cheating, then there's no need playing it (this goes for any offline/online game).

I said that cuz some people come and get angry when they see ''bot'' words without understanding the moral of the topic

#25 Itov

Itov

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Also I said '' server doesn't work without bots'' I meant here, cuz here people r used to get full equips to burn too much honey and strawberries and to have much zeny for pots
but in kRo its different, in aRo in the past we were not botters and we knew that until foreign players pushed it into the server

I mean dont compare kRo to iRo cuz its completely different with age and options

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users