Zuly drain via 'Elite' NPC shop - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Zuly drain via 'Elite' NPC shop

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

The Problem:
There is a growing amount of zuly on the server, and its making it more difficult for newer players to get things--and the problem is there's such a big difference between a lot and a little. It makes the market place so unstable that prices can change drastically overnight. Its a problem for both players and the company. IE. More zuly=less people buying im to get what they need.

Elite NPC Shop Suggestion:
1. I'd like to suggest what some other games do--they have a shop that usually has very high priced items that are not meant for any new player to be able to afford--and rather for players that have played for years and years. It gives the game another 'free to play' aspect as players wouldn't 'have' to buy im to get anything from this shop--Although, the economy is item mall driven, so it would likely increase im sales. And I'm talking items that are 1b+

Shop ideas: I personally would like to see a shop that has multiple tabs. Maybe one tab is expensive costumes that are ONLY available through this shop and this shop alone. You could do anything from hats to full costume pieces. Some ideas could be a rainbow assortment of the big seraph wings--10b a pop. Think inflated prices. Maybe dual colored wings could be 15b or more..since they are paying for extra colors.

I would suggest pvm oriented gears for something like this and maybe include some bonus pvm stuff, but avoid the PVP oriented stuff unless the gain is very minimal(only because that would put a further between the cap of young and old players for pvp--whereas pvm gear is just bonus stuff). You could also include elite one-time-use items. I know there used to be things like stealth scrolls in game. Think of something creative. Edit: New CG Schematics(5-10b)--(Mostly suggested by Jagz <3)

Reasons this would be a good idea:
-Drain zuly from the economy, making the economy less strained

-It provides players a goal in a game. IE the shop has a costume they like--they may want to save up all their zuly to get it. A reason to farm and vend things farmed--buy im and sell it in game...

-Who doesn't like new content ;)

Edited by NamirBarades, 17 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#2 Gwyndelyn

Gwyndelyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I can't say I'm impressed with any of the rubbish that is in the item mall at present. Certainly won't be buying and wasting spins on those crappy ninja or magician outfits. In fact since they changed the Christmas lot there is nothing in the item mall spin thing that I want at all. How long till we get a new set or someone introduces nicer stuff through an NPC like to ones that used to sell fireworks etc? But not ridiculous prices, those of us playing a couple of months don't want to be trying to accumulate a billion zuly to buy one outfit.

#3 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Read the thread---It is meant to help get some of the zuly out of the game. Which should, essentially, help the in game economy. Whether you are thrilled with what is in im has no baring on this suggestion. I don't disagree that there should be more content in game for normal people to buy from normal npc...But, again, the point of this is a zuly drain.

#4 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

The aforementioned zuly sink is exactly what is needed in game.

The possibilities are endless. Amazing looking suits from 5b, 10b, 25b, 50b, 75b, 100b (per piece/or set) would be great and quite prestigious to own, and at the same time send multitudes of zulie out of the game.

I wouldn't at all be opposed to the next CG being available for zulie, make it very good (and keep up with it as the game changes) for the low low price of.. say 100b? (just example)

Gwyndelyn, this doesn't concern the poor.. No one is holding you up and saying you have to own one of these suits too. You know there are people in game with over 750b right? There are people like me who have been playing Rose for over 7 years. Let me buy something expensive, and cool.

A zuly sink would be a step in the right direction IMO

#5 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

or just create a costume npc compared to the black market action house of wow where you sell random rare items that people hav to buy with zulies in a 24h cycle... the only sad thing at this point: you can t bring the REAL expensive items in there (priest hat price atm about 100 bil zulie)

Edit: a new hat sold ONLY through this action house would for sure bring 500 bil what re peanuts for lots of players

Edited by matthiashornauer, 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#6 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I can agree with this. Drain the Zulie out of the game, while making market prices of things drop lower. I like it. Only problem I can see with this is the fact that new players might want to get some of those items. Which leaves the new players screwed, yet again.

Though, maybe fix it to where you can only see what the items are if you have 1+b on your character?

Edited by NoobMeister, 23 January 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

It's been proposed a million times, and it's becoming a washed out topic. It's not a bad idea~ but they obviously are ignoring these threads as I cannot ever recall 1 staff member [aside from a moderator] posting a response to these threads.

Also 750b for 1 item is taking it farther then it needs to go. Items for 1-2-5-10 would suffice MORE then enough to knock the surplus out of the game.

#8 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Items found only ingame and rare stuff they could put in IM so they can buy private islands?

dun think so. they will starve for not putting EVERYTHING in the IM T_T

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

.... Could be volunteer submitted things. or re-hashed in-game items that need no modifications.

Always wanted a FULL heavens set on a champ... -hint- not just the chest.

#10 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

hehe, now that's an idea.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Have to think out-side of the defeatist box Hedean.. lol

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

This could work! I really like it, but a question. Would the items be account bound, or could the person that just bought a 25 bil suit vend it?

Edited by pdfisher, 25 January 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#13 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Account/Character bound items suck. /end rant.

The idea has merit, quite a lot of it actually. I think the concept works best with recoloured/statted game drop items. That way it doesn't take away from the item mall sales and they're easy to implement. Make these items slightly less powerful than their IM counterparts and it solves the idea that they would drain profits from the company.

A huge zuly sink is what the game needs but the idea that this sink isn't aimed at everyone is a very good one. I haven't bothered with the winter event since day one because I feel it's an event and should be for everyone to participate not just the rich. This is an idea aimed at the rich that wouldn't adversely affect the new players. Well done!

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I didn't mean to imply that I thought the items should be account/character bound. I merely asked the question. My thought is, people may find a way to make money off of them, if they can trade/vend them.

#15 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

I can agree with this. Drain the Zulie out of the game, while making market prices of things drop lower. I like it. Only problem I can see with this is the fact that new players might want to get some of those items. Which leaves the new players screwed, yet again.

Though, maybe fix it to where you can only see what the items are if you have 1+b on your character?

The point is, even for new players it gives them some sort of goal. Everyone keeps asking for the game to be easier or everything to be obtainable for everyone. Some items should be around just for those people who put a lot of work into the game and get all of that zuly.

This game has no real goals set for it, which is why a lot of people are getting super bored(a conversation for another time as it would be a pretty endless topic). Leveling is easy, farming has little reward.. Having items that are 'elite' helps drain zuly and give other players something solid to work towards. Yeah, you can work at trying to get faith items, but, as I know from experiance, the more you try to gain zuly for them the more they seem to go up in price as well. These would be set prices in a npc, just waiting for you to get enough zuly to buy them. Actual reward in a game for people who put the effort into getting the stuff, who would have thought.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought the items should be account/character bound. I merely asked the question. My thought is, people may find a way to make money off of them, if they can trade/vend them.

No the items shouldn't be character/account bound. I can't see people making money off npc stuff unless the person buying them is unknowledgable about the game---I would hope by the time someone would have the zuly I'm suggesting this npc charge..they would be smarter about spending more then what the npc charges..If someone bought a 25b suit.. and vended it--they would have to vend it for less if they expected someone else to get it as the items shouldn't be limited(in theory).

I mean... wanna buy a fancy sky robe from me for 120m? ... Sounds silly doesn't it? They won't be able to turn a profit on them unless they are partaking in illegal activities.

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thank you for your thoughtful answer Namir. It answered my question. I really like this idea to be honest.

#17 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

They won't be able to turn a profit on them unless they are partaking in illegal activities.

The problem with charging such an incredible amount of zuly for 1 item is the following: Dealer Skill "Discount".
Dealers could make a boat-load of money by vending those items for the same price or a tiny bit lower to other players, who would still be getting a deal. I mean think about the math.

Cost 1,000,000,000. Dealer discount = 25%. Item price 750,000,000. Dealer sells item for 950m. Dealer makes 200m profit.

Hence why the items should in fact be account bound.

As per my earlier statement, I meant to incur one or the other. Mostly towards item sets of say lvl 140 + 200 for each class but the items themselves have no class requirements. Making it so you could costume a soldier with a hawker netherworld set or the like.

#18 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

The problem with charging such an incredible amount of zuly for 1 item is the following: Dealer Skill "Discount".
Dealers could make a boat-load of money by vending those items for the same price or a tiny bit lower to other players, who would still be getting a deal. I mean think about the math.

Cost 1,000,000,000. Dealer discount = 25%. Item price 750,000,000. Dealer sells item for 950m. Dealer makes 200m profit.

Hence why the items should in fact be account bound.

As per my earlier statement, I meant to incur one or the other. Mostly towards item sets of say lvl 140 + 200 for each class but the items themselves have no class requirements. Making it so you could costume a soldier with a hawker netherworld set or the like.

so..you make it so the Dealer discount doesn't work on the shop--It wouldn't really matter anyways(Or they could make prices higher knowing ahead of time that dealers will likely take advantage of their discount..). To be honest, the whole point is...its draining zuly from the game. Even if a dealer gets that discount...They still are paying the zuly to buy it at all. Zuly gets sucked from the game. Nothing is stopping people from making their own dealer either. The point of this. Drain some zuly.

Everyone's worrying on these little things,and missing the big point. At least on Leonis, there is FAR too much zuly in the game and its not being drained fast enough from the economy. Every day I'm watching prices get more and more screwed up.

#19 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

They spend weeks getting new costumes, and those look like poo half the time.. but you think the ones they will have in this high priced NPC shop will be any better? Hmmmm

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

They would be If I made them hahahaha

#21 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

what type of suits would you like to see in this overpriced shop?

#22 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Well for one, how about wedding outfits?

#23 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

what type of suits would you like to see in this overpriced shop?

I offered some suggestions for starters..if they wanted to do it quicker, they could recolor some of the stuff already in game. In my first post I suggested recoloring the big seraph wings.. a rainbow assortment. They could pretty much do anything though.. Then they should add a few original costumes later. But really, the main suggestion is still having some sort of shop with OP stuff in it.. I honestly don't care as much as the what is in it(me personally) as the fact that we need something to help bring down the zuly amount.

#24 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

How about a tux for men,,, we dont have any formal outfits... or a banana thong.. im ok with that also..

#25 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

or a banana thong.. im ok with that also..

I'm not Dx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users