Ragnarok Online 2 - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#26 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Well, they should at least start the close beta earlier. So people can help test and iron out the bugs. SEARO is full of bugs till the point that it kills the fun. Hopefully Warp Portal would set adequate time for the testing and not rush.

#27 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

they did a closed beta of ro2 a few months ago many of us got in :)

#28 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

T_T

I'll wait for OBT then

#29 bewbiez

bewbiez

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

So excited for this!

#30 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Keep your expectations low. Its nothing like RO unless MAJOR changes are made. Maybe its a sign for WP to step-up and rehaul it?

#31 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Still betting on February Closed Beta, June Release. Lets say... June 20th, 2013. That seems like a good solid date.

I think iRO2 is going to have a need for more time in development than the other English Version because its supposedly an international version. This comes with some needed possibilites like Localization Support. Especially for such a large region like North America.

Edited by Cleffy, 21 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#32 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

I hope IRO2 is like KRO2 and not SEARO2

Playing SeaRO i noticed they fixed some stuff that didn't need fix (including some drops or shortcuts closing the client), Currently I keep playing KRO2 (also found out the character from closed beta still exist o.ou in the last server merge)

Also I notice how sneaky gravity was with RO2... took me a while to get it... xD that is why I feel somestuff being "way too ready for implementation"

I will keep my comments for myself but KRO2>SEARO2, hope IRO2>SEARO2 :3

Also I love my Alter just made, she is so cute~~~<3 (but traumatize me the BO staff from where they summon in regular clothes)

Posted Image

Edited by Kiryu, 21 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#33 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

ne parlez pas de la SEAro2

#34 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Wasn't talking about the game I was complaint about SeaRo2 and things the ppl want in the new server and next time use English. I was stating it was a disappointment to how it's being handled and telling friends to sign up for IRO2 I played ro1 for years n quit b4 the first cut testing in kro2 so for war portal to get it is great

#35 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Wasn't talking about the game I was complaint about SeaRo2 and things the ppl want in the new server and next time use English. I was stating it was a disappointment to how it's being handled and telling friends to sign up for IRO2 I played ro1 for years n quit b4 the first cut testing in kro2 so for war portal to get it is great

my only complain to KRO2... they don't take my visa or Amex... SeaRO2... They fixed the drops of monsters lower than kro on certain drops. Haven't even check the store but I'm guessing they are gonna try to milk a lot before EuRO2 and IRO2

#36 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Even if you are complaining about RO2's SEA version, please refrain from adding information about their features. If you want a certain feature handled in a certain way on iRO2, please mention only that and not about SEA's version. Thank you. *cough*

#37 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I wonder if Gravity US is planning to release a browser version like they did with Requiem. Both use Gamebyro as their engine.

#38 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Dude, RO2 is boss. If you don't like it, then just don't play RO at all. It's a huge upgrade to the RO generation.

#39 SinWeasel

SinWeasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Server:iRO2 - Odin

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm looking forward to WarpPortal hosting this game. I'll defiantly be jumping ship to the US server like I should be playing on. I much rather play on a better company servers.

The one thing I hope is that iRO2 doesn't fall to far behind kRO2 like iRO was to kRO.

To ppl complaining that this game isn't the same as RO1 you haven't played when RO1 first came out, but if you have played from the beginning this game is almost the same game as RO1 first came out just a few differences. I wouldn't want an exact replica of RO1 it would kinda take the experience out of the game, and RO2 is its own game it wasn't met to be a cop of RO1 in 3D that's not what Gravity was going for. RO2 has it's own story and everything they just took allot of the good features and implemented them in to this one, and as for the card system they didn't want things to be overpowered like they where with RO1. Where ppl would rather have the slotted weapons that where weaker than Epic weapons but with the cards could be made better. I think they did a good revamp of the game fixing the flaws that RO1 had and trying to keep everything balanced.

#40 MikeyMassacre

MikeyMassacre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Its ok guys, In the other servers for priest the res CD is 30 minutes, and they're saying gravity is responsible for it LOL.

Edited by MikeyMassacre, 22 January 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#41 Xanareth

Xanareth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm playing the SEA currently, and after learning that WP will indeed host the US version, I'll definitely be playing here. Currently playing DS here, and I enjoy it. Though when it does come out in beta, I hope the translations will be better haha. It kind of hurts my eyes when i see Izlude being called Izrud, or Elunium being spelled as Ernium @_@, the game so far is fun for me, I'm already level 44 out of 50, can't wait until it gets released here, especially if WP is hosting it.

EDIT: and yeah, ress CD is way too long >_>

Edited by Xanareth, 22 January 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#42 HEZZERZZEZZ

HEZZERZZEZZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

RO2 is a badly designed game.

Bleh...I'd still try it just to see.

Edited by HEZZERZZEZZ, 22 January 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#43 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

When I look at all the screenshots I am seeing in RO2, it will be hard to imagine it not being hostable on Facebook like Requiem. Lets face it the graphics in RO2 are low poly and low resolutions for a modern game. However, good graphics sell a person to play for 7 minutes. What you can do as a result of using efficient graphics is what sells a game for 10 years. Low poly graphics allow you to make an area more dense with models. It allows for more texture customization, and significantly shortens development time that would include future updates. It also keeps the size of the client smaller.

#44 Calebob

Calebob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ragnarok online and Ragnarok online 2 are two completely different games, keep that in mind when playing. For nostalgia's sake, I will keep playing warp portals iRO until the server dies. It's a one of a kind game that can't be overlooked.

As clearly stated by Oda, we should not be speaking of other competitors servers on warpportals home forum page. I recommend staying away from those other servers, basque in what we have for as long as possible. I tried RO2, followed the quest line until level 12, and thought, "this isn't Ragnarok... what am I doing!?"

I hopped back on Classic server to take advantage of the jump start event, and realized all the fun I was craving is right in front of me!!

TL;DR: I am very patient when it comes to waiting for the new NA RO2 server. For now, Ragnarok Online Classic!!!!

#45 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Actually it IS Ragnarok, if you read the Manwha. The only way it can be more like Ragnarok is if the graphics were more mature and the world was bigger.
I would say there were not alot of similarities between Ragnarok the manwha and Ragnarok Online. Probably the biggest reference is they used Chaos and Loki for the names of servers.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

they did a closed beta of ro2 a few months ago many of us got in :)

You mean the kRO2 beta which may or may not have been intended considering not a lot of people who were invited we able to get in?

I would say there were not alot of similarities between Ragnarok the manwha and Ragnarok Online. Probably the biggest reference is they used Chaos and Loki for the names of servers.

There's actually a couple more references to the manhwa than just the names, which you can read about here. In addition, the Dandelion's Request quest (that was deleted with Renewal's launch) related back to events in the manhwa.

#47 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Even if you are complaining about RO2's SEA version, please refrain from adding information about their features. If you want a certain feature handled in a certain way on iRO2, please mention only that and not about SEA's version. Thank you. *cough*

Im guessing RO2 is a license game?

How much freedom will you guys have in terms of changing/balancing/adding things to the game? Or is that something gravity handles?

#48 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I will be switching from SEA RO2 even if time zones are so much different for me cause of me being in australia. I played ro1 in 2004 and on ORO before that. I gotta say tho how game play goes the only difference is quests you can do dungeons to lvl as well. But monsters seem the same just odly different names but you still how PORINGS lol even drake is there and Sohee. Think o fit this way its sorta like how RO1 was on its beta days with just 2nd jobs swordie>knight etc

#49 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I love RO2, especially after second class. but too much spoilers.

#50 Einstorm

Einstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Still no dates or any announcement......
Seems like we will only see it around May June....

Suggestion to iRO2:
Don't change the system plays/spell cool downs to sell Khara items. It's fine if you buff the monsters but don't make ridiculous. Example, 50 minute resurrection spell CD

If the game play is fun, we will buy from you. If you try to milk money like $EARO 2, people will stop playing. There too many MMOs out there. Selling item buff, different mounts,cosmetic, special cards is an alternative method.

Provide longer CBT or OBT to iron out the bugs.

If possible, create English NPC voice response instead of using the Korean version

Include subtitles during cut screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users