• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iBlanket

iBlanket

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

What is a clerics role in Crystal Defender? Well, to be quite honest, I don't even know how Crystal Defender works, but I see it is a game that most maxed players play. I see there is nothing to do at higher lvls but to do that. So it would be great if someone could explain that to me.

Also, would it be smarter to actually attack in CD or just support? I feel as if fighting WOULD be more fun, but as a cleric I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to do as much?

Gear recommendations for support and fighting would be much appreciated.

I have also been debating on jewelry for such a long time. I am a Max INT/250'ish DEX/150ish CON cleric. Should I get Magical Earring and Ring(Each 22 INT 75DODGE) and a Hirias Tear(60 Charm 40INT) or should I replace the Magical Earring and Ring with Nature force? Give up 150 dodge for 16 INT? lol Is it worth it? OR use full magical set and get 225DODGE+34DODGE(From set bonus) and give up the extra 18 INT from the Hirias Tear?

I see a lot of people in CD with some kind of golden armor or maybe its a costume? It looks kind of chinese/asian. The backshield is like a golden fan like thing. I have no idea.

If I were to support, it'd be nice to have a general idea of how much DEF/DODGE/INT would be avg/best and if I wanted to attack how much AP/ACC I should have around.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add, which honor armor? The MSPD/ASPD one or the DEF/AP one? I read somewhere that as a Cleric in CD it is good to have MSPD? Should I go Full Prec Orlean and Prec Amazing Brush? All with T7 or P7? Or shall I do sagi? So many options.

Edited by iBlanket, 26 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#2 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Crystal Defenders is a PVP on-demand game. On-demand, meaning basically the game only starts when there is a sufficient amount of players have signed up. You are assigned to either Attacker or Defender of the crystal. You earn Honor points from this. You can read more about it here: http://rosena-wiki.o...ystal_Defenders

The Cleric role is to mainly Heal and Buff in these wars. Every now and then, if you get the chance you can throw in your AOE stun and Mute to help as well but people will be relying on you for their survival with your heals.As well, a Cleric will get the large majority of their points from Healing, so it will really be best to focus on that rather than trying to kill.

Gear is really up to you, I suggest you try it out yourself to see what suits you best. IMO a full Magical set will help you with your survivability a lot more than the INT set.

The armor you are referring to, I believe is the “Ancient Royal Set”. It provides the user 5%Dodge and 5%Defense, when worn as a costume. You need a set of Medallions to obtain this costume. For a full list of the Medallions needed, and where to turn them into – speak to [Akram Ambassador] Aldaric. He can be found at the bottom left of the fountain in the center of Junon Polis.

Again, you should try out the stats yourself and see what suits you best. Try to get a good mix of DEF, DODGE, MSPD, HP rather than focusing only on one for good survivability against all classes. In Crystal Defenders you will need to stay put a lot to keep your group alive, so it is best not to be running all over the place and leaving them behind with Full Precious.

Some use a mix of “Luminous” gear because it has a higher PVP resistance %, and wearing only 2 will give you a bonus of 10INT and 100MSPD. You could mix it with Glorious(Acc/Dodge), Chivalrous(Ap/Def), or even Reinforced gear. Pick your gear based on your Stats – what you wish to improve upon, or what you believe needs improving after getting smacked around a bit.

As for a wand, you should consider a wand that has MP Consumption % as a bold stat. Honor weapons do not have such, and you will likely run out of MP incredibly fast using one.

#3 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

In my eyes the role of the cleric in CD is to support. Some have tried to be a battle cleric but to do that you have to give up a lot of things and you do not get as many points as a support cleric. The points your generally receive the most of are from healing. You get the kills for the quests if you can keep your party alive enough for them to kill.

Your stats and gear are the best based on how you play cleric. I tend to stand in the middle of it all and so what has worked best for me is reinforced set with 60/40 or a mix of honor gear as stated above. For stats I have max int (for healing and buffing) and i put everything else in dodge. Some go high or max int and str for def. We do not really need con, our attacks are reliable and you are mostly relying on your stuns and mutes. The cleric should mute and stun the other clerics, mages, and other classes as you can, while still healing and buffing.

If you do not have the IM party buffs you will really be at a disadvantage and the other members of your group will yell at you. Clerics need to buff a lot in CD and fast. Trying to do that with individual buffs is time consuming and hard.

It is a good idea to get as high of blocking rate as you can so look at those skills and get a good offhand with % blocking. Dragon skin is a good skill to increase your survivability. But to be able to get some of the better skills for warring you will end up giving up some of your other skills. I gave up some of the MP recovery skills but when in wars I use the Salvation and never run out of MP. I try to buff everyone in my full int gear (somewhere around 960 int) and then change to my war gear and salvation. My int is usually in the 5-600s for wars but it is enough usually. For me the Nature Force set with T7s are the best but I use the Hiras tear with a T7 too. For wars I tend to use things like cliff with amethyst, or magical with jade, etc. I mix and match and try different things all of the time.

The best advice is to try things out. If it doesn't work then try something else. A lot of what you wear and your stats depend on what works best for your style of playing. If you can, borrow sets at first and try them out for a bit, then work on getting your own as you see what works for you. And good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users