v457 Patch Notes, Server Maintenance - February 7, 2:00PM (-8 UTC) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

v457 Patch Notes, Server Maintenance - February 7, 2:00PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#51 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I seriously think the current moderators really have to take a step back into what they believe is moderating. That deleted post did not violate ANY of the forum posts. What happened to people's free speech?

And one of them is probably going to yell that we don't have to start flame wars here but we're are not the reason why it's happening in the first place.

I don't want this to sound mean or brutish, but these forums do not have freedom of speech. This is a privately moderated forum for our games. We do our best to allow players to speak their mind, but there is a limit to what will be tolerated. Forum rules have many stated conditions behind why a thread or post may be removed from viewing or locked from additional posts. I encourage that you go read them, so you can be better aware of what those may be.

There is a difference in how you can go about producing a positive discussion regarding an issue you feel needs attention and posting how you hate, despise, disagree or just straight out badmouth... well, anything. Attitude in writing can go a long way in the difference in how it is viewed. At the same time, there can also be topics that have reached their end and tolerance hits a limit in attempting to reiterate it.

And on that note:

Servers are open! :D

#52 Simbroni

Simbroni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

As far as I'm concerned about the whole "hat" situation, the only things that AREN'T going to come back, are the Faith Items, and that's ONLY if they don't get another contract, anything else, you can pretty much look for it to come back at some point in the future. /post

John I'll message you when we get online about the faith stuff and what gravity can do.

#53 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Still waiting on a response Leonis. I believe the community would love to hear your thoughts.

#54 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't want this to sound mean or brutish, but these forums do not have freedom of speech. This is a privately moderated forum for our games. We do our best to allow players to speak their mind, but there is a limit to what will be tolerated. Forum rules have many stated conditions behind why a thread or post may be removed from viewing or locked from additional posts. I encourage that you go read them, so you can be better aware of what those may be.

There is a difference in how you can go about producing a positive discussion regarding an issue you feel needs attention and posting how you hate, despise, disagree or just straight out badmouth... well, anything. Attitude in writing can go a long way in the difference in how it is viewed. At the same time, there can also be topics that have reached their end and tolerance hits a limit in attempting to reiterate it.

And on that note:

Servers are open! :D

I get that there are things that shouldn't be posted on your forums..because they are your private forums. I can fully agree with that. However, the way that some of the moderators do things only upsets the community members..and a lot of times..the same people that are upset turn around and just cause more trouble just to piss off the moderators that were bothering them. A lot of times, what they do causes more problems in the long run. I really didn't think there was that fine of a line between moderating and harassment. And really.. some things are being deleted because they *might* turn into a bad discussion.. With that logic, you might as well just delete the forums. I'm not the only one who feels this way, or there wouldn't have been people agreeing with me at all--some people just don't want to deal with being bothered about it later. Or the fact that, if they post something about it, it will probably just get locked/deleted/or otherwise get them a ban.

#55 PerdanaMenteri

PerdanaMenteri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

PINK SERAPH!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

#56 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I get that there are things that shouldn't be posted on your forums..because they are your private forums. I can fully agree with that. However, the way that some of the moderators do things only upsets the community members..and a lot of times..the same people that are upset turn around and just cause more trouble just to piss off the moderators that were bothering them. A lot of times, what they do causes more problems in the long run. I really didn't think there was that fine of a line between moderating and harassment. And really.. some things are being deleted because they *might* turn into a bad discussion.. With that logic, you might as well just delete the forums. I'm not the only one who feels this way, or there wouldn't have been people agreeing with me at all--some people just don't want to deal with being bothered about it later. Or the fact that, if they post something about it, it will probably just get locked/deleted/or otherwise get them a ban.

I've also noticed that slight sarcasm in a post will also result in its deletion. The brute-mode of some moderators is awfully easy to engage.

Was it really necessary to lock every trilby topic after giving a statement? I doubt any player is enough of a douche to start a new trilby topic at this point. Seems like any future discussion on the topic will not be tolerated...

#57 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I've also noticed that slight sarcasm in a post will also result in its deletion. The brute-mode of some moderators is awfully easy to engage.

Was it really necessary to lock every trilby topic after giving a statement? I doubt any player is enough of a douche to start a new trilby topic at this point. Seems like any future discussion on the topic will not be tolerated...

Those are not the only topics that it happens with, just a very extreme example. You're right about the sarcasm thing though..Which does not bode well for me, as I am known for being rather sarcastic.

#58 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

also when a topic is removed or closed by the mod/vol do they submit to you guys a reason behind their actions?

We generally get asked to put in why we delete a topic, with the unapproved ones (Myself and Naughty) like to add why it was unapproved in the first place. Most times i just avoid that whole part and just delete it because otherwise I end up going back later on and doing it anyway.

For some things we do tell someone (Leonis/Corvus/Oda/whoever) and for other things we do not.

When it is closed we generally try to add why as a last post unless we feel you should know what the reason is before hand. The server status issue for instance, it was said in the main post that was pinned to discuss anything to do with the server and its status there, when others made different posts we locked them and either linked it to the main topic or just locked it (I believe most of the time it was linked there at least once in the thread).

#59 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm not singling any Mod out because I do think some do a great job with deleting/cleaning up certain topics; however, I believe some abuse their powers.

#60 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

What is the usage of super jelly?

#61 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

the valentines seraph wing O.o

#62 VolunteerMod03

VolunteerMod03

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 246 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

You have just stated why these certain people get a lot of their stuff deleted over others. It is one thing to get out of line and to have the mistake corrected. Then there are certain individuals like you just said who flame on purpose because they are "P*ssed off". That will not be tolerated. Just because they are upset, doesn't mean the rules still don't apply. I'm not going to change what I'm supposed to do for any reason. My job is to stop negativity in a bad way, and flame wars, and people posting against the general rules. The rules are easily found on this forum, and you just as everyone on the forums are obviously intelligent enough to read, understand, and follow simple general rules. If they are broken, I will do what is necessary to fix the problem, that is all. I and other mods are not harrassing anyone, we are not trying to go attack certain individuals, while yes some individuals may be watched over more because of their obvious instigating, as you said above that they do, we are only doing as we are told... nothing more.

Follow the rules, and nothing of yours will be deleted, edited, etc.

Let's get back to talking about this awesome event! I'm very excited the valentine wings are back!

#63 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Stachola got some point anyway..i can understand her/him.. its just that there are some words which is not nice but "sometimes reality hurts" :)

#64 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Please make the 'Backpack boxes' (Kitten, Koala, Panda) tradeable. :puppyeye:

#65 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Was under the impression the karate outfits bonus was to expire on this patch leonis?

#66 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Catholic Monarch here(joke), I don't delete anything for my personal benefit. I get no benefit of deleting anything. I only do my job as told, to create a positive non-flaming place for the community. Please do not blow up this topic as it is about the patch, if you want to have a discussion or debate on something Namir please PM me. Posting in the public is only making things worse and adding to the fire. I've never stalked a player, as that is not my job. If any person on this forums breaks rules, feeds the flame wars, etc.(things that aren't allowed), I will delete immediately. That is what I'm supposed to do, and what I will continue to do. If there are things that have gone un-deleted that should be, please point it out and I will gladly delete right now. Please PM me all posts you have in question, and I will personally go over them.

#PMmeforsolutions

Ironic, I will say.

#67 VolunteerMod03

VolunteerMod03

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ironic, I will say.

Posted Image

#68 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Now that a knee a bullet wont spoil.

#69 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

..'til i got an iron to the knee.

i see what you did there number 3 :P

are Qpid Bow and Qpid Summon will be available this year? I'm excited to get those. Too bad it's not available :(

Edited by claw68, 08 February 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#70 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Latest update is a total bug fest for me error messages everywhere i managed to get it down to one using check all terrain open range closes game minute it starts thanks for another great update now I have to waste hours downloading from scatch again. I dont beleive its my files suddenly getting corrupted it worked just fine before update and dont work after update so I blame you

#71 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Can you tell us what the % chance is of getting the Valentine Wings and the Pink Sereph wings? Too many rumors and speculation are going on in game right now about how impossible it is to get them, how they are rigged, how buying the boxes is a rip off, etc. If people know how hard it is to get them then they can decide whether to get the boxes are not. I know one person who bought 70 boxes and did not get either wing and someone who bought one box and got a pair of pink ones. So they are not bugged as some are saying, but I believe the chances are fairly low compared to receiving the other items from the boxes.

Also, for some reason after the update there were a lot of us finding that the game kept freezing for a few sec on and off, especially in CD. You would be running and then freeze, run and freeze on and off the whole CD. It even happened out in Junon on and off. Just a FYI.

#72 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Two boxes yesterday. Out of the 200pt one I got an adventurer's medal, out of the 75pt Valentines day one I got storage coupons... tbh I either read the patch notes wrong or they're posted wrong because I didn't think the medals were in the 200pt one but I am absolutely sure that is the one I clicked that gave me the medal. Honestly wasn't impressed and don't see myself buying any more boxes because of it. Don't get me wrong I'm a game supporter and I get that they can't give away great things in every box but I was seriously let down on both, I could care less about storage coupons and honestly the medals don't do it for me either since I think the experience rates are too high already.

I don't believe they're bugged, it's all about odds much like the lucky spin. I just think the decision making into what goes into them needs some more thought.

PS. Even if the medal did come from the 75pt box, getting a 50pt item from a 75pt is crap and shouldn't EVER happen. I wasn't under the impression the boxes were a gamble and you might actually LOSE points.

Edited by calder12, 08 February 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#73 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I don't believe they're bugged, it's all about odds much like the lucky spin. I just think the decision making into what goes into them needs some more thought.

PS. Even if the medal did come from the 75pt box, getting a 50pt item from a 75pt is crap and shouldn't EVER happen. I wasn't under the impression the boxes were a gamble and you might actually LOSE points.

Im interested to know what you think should be in the boxes. Who knows? maybe the items you suggest, may help with the decision making your asking for.

I agree with you that an item of same value, or higher, should come out of the box. I always thought this happened,
Didn't something like this happen, way back when Zeppelin was a CM. When what was inside the box was raised. Might be my memory failing me, need more Coffee i guess.

#74 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I worded my opinion that way because what I want might not be what others want, I am sure there are tons of players that like the storage coupons and the medals, they seem to be good sellers. Personally I like the grey drop things (still want Zamadars lol) I do like the buffs since I solo most of the time they come in handy, that being said there are players that don't play like I do, don't care about hunting the old uniques, or have powerful enough friends to do it when they will actually drop for them. It wasn't really my intention to say the boxes should only contain what I like.

I think my biggest complaint is special edition boxes should always be a deal, you should always get better than what you paid, not even and certainly not less. In one case I got 50 points and in the other I got 200pts, after paying 275. That doesn't instil confidence nor does it entice me to try again. Now, let's say I got two medals and 30 storage coupons. Now my 275pts turned into 400pts. I still got items I'm not terribly impressed with but I don't feel cheated so my opinion on trying again might lean a little more to the positive. The way the item mall is handled needs to take on a marketing frame of mind. These are limited time items so making them better than the normal is fine, it certainly won't result in less sales of the other items and even if it does the increased sales on these would make up for it.

#75 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

someone know what is the blue straw berry or w/e its called from the heart boxes?
i opened some lost alot of zulie and got those and they don't do anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users