Battlemagician Week 1 Discussions - Page 12 - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Battlemagician Week 1 Discussions

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#276 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fix thta !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#277 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

! ! ! !

#278 ArezKrazy

ArezKrazy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationChiLe xD
  • Server:FvKiNn4m3

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Sorry guys if some ppl mad about this but i think Alteris has a point (this threat is supossed to keep the disscusion in the following terms (ie Merge Skills/DNA, MOD Skills Trees and DNA and the Re-Use of S1 Skills/DNA)

even if he make a wrong example in the starting post the guidelines are here so... stay on topic
BUT LOL IF HE IS SAYING THAT HE WILL HEAR ALL THE FEEDBACK BUT THEN HE SEND TO "STUDIO" JUST CRAPPY IDEAS FROM HIS OWN HE CAN GO TO F*CKIN HELL

Hello Battlemagicians,

This week we will discussing various things about the Battlemagician class. Please keep the discussions to the following items for organizing purposes:

Merging of Skills and DNA- What skills do you think should be merged? What DNA?

Modifying Existing Skills Trees and DNA- What skill feels like it needs a small modification to make it viable?

Re-Use of Season 1 Skills/DNA (data of S1 skills will come sometime this week). - What season 1 skill do you think should be reintroduced to Requiem?

Other Topics For This Class Will Be Discussed In The Following Weeks.

Please keep the discussion polite, arguments for and against will have to be backed with detail and/or data, saying something needs to be added without a reason or example will be not considered.

PS: sorry for caps and bold xD

Edited by ArezKrazy, 17 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#279 JuggaloNaztik

JuggaloNaztik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

I disagree with moving IA to Ele tree. Yeah I know don't focus on just 49 but I mean COME ON. IA is one of the main attacks we use to get in our 5 second stun. Without it boom bam Pew Bm dead. You take IA from BM that';s just asking for people to quit .. As I said I get the focus shouldn't be JUST be on 49 BUT that doesn't mean that 49 should just be ignored either and I am sorry but I am sure people like myself NgelicPretty and Nikio would know a little more about this than some dude who has not even been here for more than a year.

and again him saying move IA to ele tree just proved my point that they don't listen, NOONE ever said anything about moving IA to Ele tree but him. Why the hell ask us if you are just going to make up your own sh.t anyways?

Also didn't even pay attention to this part

We did not say anything about moving IA to Ele tree and he said to do it anyways

People said I myself agree to move Lightning Chill Slash to Druid tree and make it Physical skill and he did NOT even mention this skill. So again I ask

Why the hell ask us if you are just going to make up your own sh.t anyways?

Edited by JuggaloNaztik, 17 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#280 ArezKrazy

ArezKrazy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationChiLe xD
  • Server:FvKiNn4m3

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Why the hell ask us if they are just going to make up your own sh.t anyways?

Exactly xD

Edited by ArezKrazy, 17 February 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#281 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

make it this way

Posted Image

#282 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

make it this way

looks like a classic balance imo

#283 jerome15

jerome15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNY, USA
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

make it this way

Posted Image

i could live with that.

#284 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

elem it is

#285 jerome15

jerome15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNY, USA
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

i don't know. what's the cd on the 1 hit?

#286 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

nothing will fix pay 2 win game, 30+ wil still rape no matter what u do with classes lol

#287 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

First, I think what Alteris has said is to not worry about balance for this stage of the discussions. The point was to have the skills make sense for the tree that they are in. Adding new skills and balancing will be done later when the trees are finalyzed.

Second, I believe that a Druid should be a jack of all trades and master of none. The Druids' power and utility come from being able to transform.

Third, stop worrying about how +30 and resistances will affect things. It's a skills discussion. You can't fix everything in one go. Concentrate on the matter at hand, skills, and the rest will come later. If we keep diverting away from the topic none of this will ever happen.

#288 otinane

otinane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

First, I think what Alteris has said is to not worry about balance for this stage of the discussions. The point was to have the skills make sense for the tree that they are in. Adding new skills and balancing will be done later when the trees are finalyzed.

Second, I believe that a Druid should be a jack of all trades and master of none. The Druids' power and utility come from being able to transform.

Third, stop worrying about how +30 and resistances will affect things. It's a skills discussion. You can't fix everything in one go. Concentrate on the matter at hand, skills, and the rest will come later. If we keep diverting away from the topic none of this will ever happen.

well honest just looking the classes and how they were b4 and now some1 would prolly say that devs intended sth like this :

Battle Magician : a mage that uses both magic attack and phy long range skills to deal damage or buff/heal himself

Elementalist : a bm that focuses on the magic attacks,has heavy magic dmg buffs,and heavy nukes,aka multi element single target nuker

Druid : a bm with extra defence buffs,skills like aproach and extra bm style physical skills,that uses transformations that enhance his physical abilities, aka a phy shapeshifter class.

Think the only ''hybrid'' supposed be the bm ;/

How classes are now

BM : classic 1st job full caster (with multi targets attacks that happen to be a bit op in end game pvp)

elem : a nerfed nuker that cant really do its job

druid : a full aoe caster with extremely high survivability.

how classes will be after this patch?? sth like roxcore posted, with druid a broken form high lvl bm that noone gonna play coz as ele will u have same gameplay and be more efficient (same as what happen with druidele patch).

mb developers should decide role of the class and then ask players suggest skills be changed to fit the class role?

#289 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I kind of saw it like:

Battle Magician: general caster - buffs, AOE, CC, and some DPS [skills should be themed for nature]
Elementalist: single-target DPS caster (concentration) [skills should be themed for the elements]
Druid: jack of all trades master of none, but able to quickly switch forms to what is needed [skills should be derived from forms]

Power can always be adjusted to make a balance, but the starting point should be that the classes make sense. A general role should be defined, as it will help decide on skills.

Edited by Gragor, 19 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#290 otinane

otinane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I kind of saw it like:

Battle Magician: general caster - buffs, AOE, CC, and some DPS [skills should be themed for nature]
Elementalist: single-target DPS caster (concentration) [skills should be themed for the elements]
Druid: jack of all trades master of none, but able to quickly switch forms to what is needed [skills should be derived from forms]

Power can always be adjusted to make a balance, but the starting point should be that the classes make sense. A general role should be defined, as it will help decide on skills.

yes and that role needs to be decided by the guys that run the game,so ppl know what to suggest.

everyone has his own opinion etc but the fact is the BM first job is messed up (b4 druidele patch 2 magic attacks lots of physical skills that worked as heal or buff useless but they didnt have to be etc..) the 2nd job trees were really
true in terms of skills to caster (elem) and phy dd(druid) after druidele patch they revamped the skills and made it different...

what all can agree at least is druid is supposed be a shapeshifter class so if ppl not want physical make the form skills be magical or sth etc...

No mess up stuff coz u end up with 1 of these classes underplayed and broken...

P.S : Shouldnt Alteris post here what Russians suggested as well?so we can see what other ppl think too??

#291 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I support whatever sav(otinane), viole, and wreckd say and whoever they support. I'm not sure how well Alteris knows the BM classes but it will be hard to synthesize ideas from so many different people. I feel a core few should pitch and accept full builds for each class and why. Then the community should vote on that. It makes more sense than this mess of a thread. and hi to sav ditto and wreckd. long time, no talk

it is like every citizen in a country trying to make a final decision on what the country should do for the future. You need a select few who are knowledgeable on their subject, a government, to represent those citizens and talk over decisions. As I saw sav say somewhere earlier to break the class change up into these weeks of focus on skill moving, then skill strength, then etc and to take ideas going in different directions and put them together won't work. All aspects of the class must be looked at considered at once.

Edited by Syre, 19 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#292 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

it is like every citizen in a country trying to make a final decision on what the country should do for the future. You need a select few who are knowledgeable on their subject,

Class Representives?

#293 Nikio

Nikio

Battlemagician Class Rep

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

As syre said... At once. But seems they won't make, i don't know why.. It would be a lot faster, and a looooot more easy, but meh.

#294 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Since no one has mentioned the Season 1 skill that were removed, here they are for you to use as well.

Awakening
cooldown: 11 sec
+Evasion

Knuckle Stroke
Cooldown: 5.1 sec
Range: Melee
+Damage

Memory Damage
Cooldown: 28.5 sec
Range: Melee
+Damage
-Hostility

Curse Poison Mastery
+Poison Resistance

Edited by Cleffy, 19 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#295 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Class Representives?

The problem with is is that it's just a glorified popularity contest, if they knew their community they would know who to select. The current poll has some players on there that are skilled, but by no means do they have some of the knowledge-base of other players mentioned in this particular topic.

Long list of S1 skills

Curse resist isn't needed and the evasion one is questionable to me,the other ones would be nice to add to our spam, but essentially you'd still primarily be in BM form to use them unless they switch a few around to suit Inferno. Knuckle stroke would definitely be the nicest, seeing as they made LCS do physical damage and we have nothing else that is physical with a low cool down aside from our two Inferno Skills. Memory damage would be good as a +hostility (as opposed to a -hostility) skill for Doomguard actually.

and hi to sav ditto and wreckd. long time, no talk

Hi Grandpa Severed, come to stun a certain defi before they cast Terms of Service again?

Edited by Viole, 19 February 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#296 Vamptor

Vamptor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Honestly, I am a Game Artist, and I go to a college of Full Sai University, and we develope plans for games all the time. Yet, therefore I think Elementalist should be allow to summon Elements which are creature based of choice, of Wind/Water/Curse/Lightning. I do apologize if this sturs up people, but it's time for new changes and to improve the community and gameplay. We need new upgrades, or maybe a new Class, but I am sure by changing Elementalist to become different then druid would be a huge upgrade, by actully making them what thier name describes.

#297 Vamptor

Vamptor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Also to add to my recent post. +

Elementalist: Buffer/Healer/Uses Elements to cause damage Aoe wise.

Let it be known that I think many classes should be recreated, and change some Elementalist to have more Crowd control moves, so they be used more by players to level, and also for DPS, like I said. I think Summon Elementals would be a very good start for Elementalist, that water can heal and Wind does Wind Damage and Curse does Curse damage. Yet, these are just my deals, and I am sure many will disagree, but a person can only try to speak up, and try to make a change to let the game grow, and remember Have fun!!

#298 Vamptor

Vamptor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Like most said in post before me, there are many moves that are not even needed for Elementalist, and maybe we just start developing new moves to help give players to enjoy and customize moves that ACTULLY helpful.

#299 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

The problem with is is that it's just a glorified popularity contest, if they knew their community they would know who to select. The current poll has some players on there that are skilled, but by no means do they have some of the knowledge-base of other players mentioned in this particular topic.

Hi Grandpa Severed, come to stun a certain defi before they cast Terms of Service again?

Noo, I'm just stumbling by. If Alteris let's Sav redesign the class by himself that would be wise and awesome. Who has played druid longer than savoura? Then someone else can help with elem design. Then community can fine tune the rebuilds after a week or two of testing them out. Who wouldn't be fine with people like sav redesigning their class?

#300 otinane

otinane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

lol man play a class for long not mean u best or u know everything,it mean only u played longer...

i think the guys that run the game need decide some stuff and let players post toward that direction ..

i mean stuff like : Druid supposed be ''XXXX'' type of class post ur opinion on skill and make argument why this type of class needs this...

same with ele.

or in the end both classes will be messed up and have same ''role'' and ppl will bandwagon to which class does it better...

look ele/druid now mostly bm skill spaming and both are played as caster only ofc 99% of ppl went druid coz same ''role'' and gameplay..

The funniest thing is most agree druid is a shapeshifting class (and it happens the forms be physical only) and what they suggest makes the forms even more useless,is really funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users