I would like you to meet my pet snail. - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

I would like you to meet my pet snail.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 vicchua24

vicchua24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I am currently a lv.15 High Acolyte and it is just a pain to even get this character to 70 so I can finally TI it out to AB. I have to burn a lot of Straws, yes!, a lot of Straws, just to get this damn character to 56, and a lot of Maneaters, just to get to 70. I am starting to lose hope and I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe, I should go to Vatican City, meet Pope Benedict XVI, and ask for their help on how to get to AB. Well, I am desperate, I just have to try these out, and maybe I can get my answers.
I have the FS build, meaning I have no DEX, no STR, and no AGI whatsoever. I have a very low SP to even Heal Bomb, yet no SP Recovery like Mages does, thus my only means of leveling is through my poor melee performance which does very little damage, very slow ASPD, often times misses, and consumes a lot of HP pots. It is a sluggish way to leveling. It is very hard to level! that is my point. I could not even Heal Bomb until I probably get to Priesthood.
Don't tell me to Heal Bomb because I could not Heal Bomb. There's just not enough SP to even do that. 3 to 4 lv.10 heals and my SP is completely drained out. Straws??? What the hell do you think I am??? The Smucker's Company??? I will not waste money on Straws.

Fix this goddamn issue about the Priest class. Do you expect me to melee my way out to Priesthood with a Grey's Anatomy build??? It is very hard to level up due to my FS setup, and very few gear options. My SP is at around 70-80 and my HP is 100, with no SP Recovery. I could not even provide Heal for myself, better yet, Heal Bomb.

This is indeed the hardest class to level up. Atleast a Monk goes with the battle build and not lag behind as an Acolyte. A Mage has SP Recovery, so they can spam, and as an Acolyte with a pure INT build, SP is my problem. 80 SP at 40 INT??? Heal eats up more than 20 SP, so definitely, I could not Heal Bomb, and I will have to bear the painful and slow melee method of leveling.

This is Ridiculous! I am making a good time investments in here. Don't even talk about Merchants, atleast they have the STR, AGI, and DEX to aid them with their leveling. It is not as painful as an FS Acolyte with or without a skill. I will have to melee my way to 25 which will take me forever, and it will burn a lot of pots than most characters, till I can get enough SP to Heal Bomb and consumes Straws for that till I can get my to 56, in which case, I will just buy out my way to 70 with Maneaters from my Reset Stone farm because simply, there is no other quick way to get to 70.

#2 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

leveling as a FS is a bad idea :s

Edited by Tenshi143, 12 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#3 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

oh god *facepalm* how about Holylight...use that

Edited by Darkshneider, 12 February 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#4 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

How did you get to level 56 as an acolyte?
Just redo that.

#5 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'd like to give you advice...but with your attitude towards people that attempt to assist you...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. -gets popcorn-

#6 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

You should probably get the Eden Group gear. At level 26 job 10 (41 INT, 9 Dex, 9 Luk, everything else 1) you should have a total of 213 sp and should easily be able to 1 shot a number of Undead Monsters. As others pointed out though, FS is not really the build to go if your'e just starting out since you're pretty dependent on partying in order to level (which typically doesn't happen until you get in range for TIs).

#7 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

What I did (and that doesn't mean it's the way you have to do it, but it worked well for me) is leveling as Battle High Aco/Priest and reset to Full Support once hitting level 70+. No frustration, easy leveling (in Overlook Dungeon) and a bit of fun.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

ignore this thread... and ignore the troll OP... remember this is the same person who is "The Big Time KSer"...

#9 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

got any friends to level with? that's how support acolytes roll
merc scrolls too
easy game

Edited by ka10, 12 February 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#10 vicchua24

vicchua24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I got to lv.56 as a Battle Priest. I am now an FS, no one, for some odd reason, will take a Battle Priest into a TI party.
It is godforsaken hard to level it up. you know I was doing only 15 damage, and 50%-60% of the time, I was completely missing. That was during lv.1 - lv.14.

#11 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Use holylight to lvl early..or like..have friends party with you! thats like the point of the class! I bet you have a lot of friends with how you seem to roll!

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Make a second account and leech your aco / priest with it.

#13 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

It's... it's called "Full support". Being "full support" doesn't work out well if you have, you know, nobody to support.

FS builds work very well in parties with others. Hell, simply having warp portal will make you loved, especially at low levels, since it means you can go back and forth to get eden TIs.

#14 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

oh for the love of all that is holy instead of complaining about everything take the time from writing these long, pointless rants and invest it into learning a little something about the class you're playing.

i leveled my (FS!) aco and high priest just whacking things with a +9 chain or something, it's not that difficult. or if you're really that lazy, invest in some mercenaries. -_-

x2 exp is coming, too.

Edited by Alaska, 12 February 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#15 vicchua24

vicchua24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I will have to do this with two accounts then, otherwise I will have to bear the slow leveling, with the Acolyte sitting down at the entrance, leeching and doing absolutely nothing. As a reborned character, do I get an unlocked Holy Light from the start??? because it says, that the Holy Light quests is for job 30+.

#16 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Please post your IGN incase I encounter you in TI so I can pack more patience

#17 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Please post your IGN incase I encounter you in TI so I can pack more patience

It's in his signature.

http://ropd.info/?account=4446621

#18 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

create Aco
create Mage
create group and invite both chars
set exp to share
Begin leeching

#19 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Why do you even continue to play this class, if all you can do is whine about it? Go play something else. :/

#20 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

no one, for some odd reason, will take a Battle Priest into a TI party.

Gee, I wonder why when they need actual healers and not paperweights.

I FS'd 2 Acos from 1-99 to 3rd job with patience.

No fancy gears or expensive gears, just basic eden gears and/or cheap gear you can find for a couple mil. (500k-3mil range)

It's not hard to level as an FS because almost all the spots with undead monsters from 1-99 are literally accessible as you progress into your levels. 1-30 will take the longest though since you're trying to level up to be able to manage yourself in payon cave.

Edited by Senkasa, 12 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#21 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I got from 1/1 high novice to 48/46 high merchant in 25 mins so i feel your pain.

#22 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

This is indeed the hardest class to level up

Try leveling as a Novice to Super Novice then Past 99 to 150, then come back to me as the "hardest class to level up"

#23 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gee, I wonder why when they need actual healers and not paperweights.

I FS'd 2 Acos from 1-99 to 3rd job with patience.

No fancy gears or expensive gears, just basic eden gears and/or cheap gear you can find for a couple mil. (500k-3mil range)

It's not hard to level as an FS because almost all the spots with undead monsters from 1-99 are literally accessible as you progress into your levels. 1-30 will take the longest though since you're trying to level up to be able to manage yourself in payon cave.

Actually, any Priest build can support in a pinch, FS builds are just the best at it for obvious reasons. The OP's constant stream of negativity is most likely what has made people wary of taking him/her anywhere, not his/her build.

#24 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Could support in a Pinch. But a Hybrid/FS is more likely to last longer than a battle due to the longevity of SP. :p_swt:

One of my ABs is already 150/50. I could make him battle for pure fun but nah... I have friends to help. Need to work on my 115 AB and stop slacking off... :p_sick:

#25 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

how many locked threads are you trying to achieve?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users