Kagerou/Oboro: Swirling Petals/Huuma Build Discussion - Page 5 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Swirling Petals/Huuma Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#101 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

uhm, so my best bet now is petals even without huuma petal?? what weapon should i use then??

#102 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

calm mind huuma or blaze depending on what youre killing

#103 Majikero7

Majikero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Blaze huuma is what I use till I hit 110. If I'm killing things strong to fire and earth, use the huuma shadow.

#104 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

thx for the input. ive been struggling w/ kunai explosion w/c has 3x3 ground aoe and 6k dmg. that's why i resetted. hopefully swirling petals is better for lvling.

#105 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Decided to give my 115 Kagerou a shot in mid TIs after a looong break, turned out pretty awesome since I can wave clear just fine  :p_laugh: 

Djba3H0.png
zorDBwj.png

Though I realized his Max HP is less than half of my SC, which only has like 15 more VIT, so sad.

Edited by iDaehyun, 30 January 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#106 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

@ iDaehyun

Nice, mind if I ask how your stats are looking like or what you are planning on them looking like in the future?

#107 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

@ iDaehyun

Nice, mind if I ask how your stats are looking like or what you are planning on them looking like in the future?

Right now I have 100 Base DEX, 91 STR, gonna try to get STR/AGI/VIT to 100 I guess, and stop there, as going pass 100 is just a waste of stat points.

#108 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Right now I have 100 Base DEX, 91 STR, gonna try to get STR/AGI/VIT to 100 I guess, and stop there, as going pass 100 is just a waste of stat points.

thats essentially what i did but got 100 int instead of agi... still ended up with around 70 agi....

#109 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

The description of the skill Swirling Petal says that its effected by Dex + Agi, any insight as to if the Agi stat helps at all? Currently, I'm at 90 Str/Vit/Dex (for HBP buffs) and would like to know if I should invest in Agi if it effects SP damg or Int for a larger SP pool/regen.

#110 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

thats essentially what i did but got 100 int instead of agi... still ended up with around 70 agi....

Oh as I'm not gonna bother with MATK and I use RWH, I gonna head for 100 AGI cause of the modifier for Swirling Petal, just hope the formula on the wiki is true.

The description of the skill Swirling Petal says that its effected by Dex + Agi, any insight as to if the Agi stat helps at all? Currently, I'm at 90 Str/Vit/Dex (for HBP buffs) and would like to know if I should invest in Agi if it effects SP damg or Int for a larger SP pool/regen.

Well if the formula is true then I believe AGI will helps out greatly with the skill dmg. And do you have RWH ? Since I use it for soloing TIs, so far 4 TIs, only used like 20 Straws, thanks to Pure Soul and the RWH.

Edited by iDaehyun, 30 January 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#111 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Well if the formula is true then I believe AGI will helps out greatly with the skill dmg. And do you have RWH ? Since I use it for soloing TIs, so far 4 TIs, only used like 20 Straws, thanks to Pure Soul and the RWH.

That's what I was looking at on Wiki, I tried SP with MC from a Wanderer (added 51 Agi to stats) and it appears to only have added about 1k more damg. I was below lvl 115 when I tested this on Metalings. (not sure if SP is lvl based as well?)

As far as the RWH, I have tried it and i must have the worst luck with it since I have not gotten Sp back from it so I switched to stacking SP gears (Fatasm/FEW Maestro/Superior/SP large pot) and keeping Pure up.

#112 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

That's what I was looking at on Wiki, I tried SP with MC from a Wanderer (added 51 Agi to stats) and it appears to only have added about 1k more damg. I was below lvl 115 when I tested this on Metalings. (not sure if SP is lvl based as well?)

As far as the RWH, I have tried it and i must have the worst luck with it since I have not gotten Sp back from it so I switched to stacking SP gears (Fatasm/FEW Maestro/Superior/SP large pot) and keeping Pure up.

Well if the wiki is right then nope :<, only Kunai Explosion, but the cooldown isn't that bad, and the cast time is reduced dramatically with 16th Night so, it's quite spammy.
And did you +9 it ? It doesn't procs that much for me too, but even once is enough to fill up your whole SP bar, better than nothing I guess, and it can save you in many tight situation too. Though if you keep Pure Soul up then there isn't even a need for SP pots.

#113 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Well if the wiki is right then nope :<, only Kunai Explosion, but the cooldown isn't that bad, and the cast time is reduced dramatically with 16th Night so, it's quite spammy.
And did you +9 it ? It doesn't procs that much for me too, but even once is enough to fill up your whole SP bar, better than nothing I guess, and it can save you in many tight situation too. Though if you keep Pure Soul up then there isn't even a need for SP pots.

I was lvling fine with KE until the rebalance, a 3x3 isn't ideal for run&gun lvling on TIs imo. As far as the RWH, It's +9 with carat, I must just be that unlucky. I would just rather not have to be bound by the gears I need to use (SP pool gears)  as opposed to the gears that I would like to use (Damg Gears).

Seems like KO/OB just lucked out on this weeks TI since they are all weak to an endow-able element and pretty slow to boot.

#114 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

I was lvling fine with KE until the rebalance, a 3x3 isn't ideal for run&gun lvling on TIs imo. As far as the RWH, It's +9 with carat, I must just be that unlucky. I would just rather not have to be bound by the gears I need to use (SP pool gears)  as opposed to the gears that I would like to use (Damg Gears).

Seems like KO/OB just lucked out on this weeks TI since they are all weak to an endow-able element and pretty slow to boot.

Yeah, KE now is more like just a skill to use when SP is on cooldown for me. And RWH is only useful when you are mobbing, other than that, EMH all the way.
And yeah, it's lucky that Mid-TIs mobs this week are weak to a single element, would be hell if it's 2 or more.

#115 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

i got the Int for my magic damage... i use a +9 CoD of torment for the cast time reduction for all my skills... not to mention i never run out of SP and have natural immunity to silence... swirling petals is one of the weirdest skills ive encountered... half the time it doesnt act like a physical skill.... it doesnt add status effects it bypasses CSS and can hit through cloaking....

#116 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

@Facekiller

That's mainly why I wanted to get some Int (stat resistance/cast time).

Would you happen to know if Hunterfly Cards work with SP then?

#117 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

im not sure if they work on SP...they work for all the other skills tho... i havent tried with SP since Pure Soul takes care of my HP regen needs

#118 Esper

Esper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Odin, Chaos

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Anyone have any tips for a Swirling Petal build? I read through the thread and it looks like the consensus on agi is still out. Any tips on gear, also? Having a lot of fun playing her at the moment. While she one shots in the mid TI right now (overkill by far if fully buffed) I'm foreseeing problems in her one shotting/successfully soloing higher level monsters. (namely: scarabs)

Obo2.png

Obo1.png

(with gear above. +7 to all stats vip, bless/agi, 9 earth charms, distorted crescent 5, wind converter)

#119 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Well, if you are using megs, then I believe you are going with party ? since Swirling Petal can be interrupted without Phen, and that happens often if you are solo mobbing. I'd say, replace 1 megs with a Phen perfect enchanted RWC Pendants/Rings, depends on your preference for less cast time/more damage, I think it's not out of the question for you considering you have several god items, upgrade your Huuma to + 8 or more, since at + 8 you can get +2 stats enchants on your weapon. Also for garments, if you want to focus on dmg output, I think a +9 FAWs EA 10 will give +9 HBPs a run for its money, a Giant Whisper +9 FAWs EA10 is even better. The rest are quite good.

#120 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

if you also have kunai explosion you can alternate at drop mobs... its what ive done in most situations where the first swirling doesnt one shot... follow up with KE for a finisher... after the scaraba lock onto you drop a clone and lock onto the clone for a second shot... mob is dead... and if not there you could just do bifrost instead of scaraba....

#121 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Anyone have any tips for a Swirling Petal build? I read through the thread and it looks like the consensus on agi is still out. Any tips on gear, also? Having a lot of fun playing her at the moment. While she one shots in the mid TI right now (overkill by far if fully buffed) I'm foreseeing problems in her one shotting/successfully soloing higher level monsters. (namely: scarabs)

Obo2.png

Obo1.png

(with gear above. +7 to all stats vip, bless/agi, 9 earth charms, distorted crescent 5, wind converter)

I'm pretty positive about me doing 160k~200k with KE under full buff on kagerou using +12 Grimtooth5/5EA and properly carded MG and bryn(without meg) i think it was vs parus and pom spider.

Edited by CharAznable, 06 February 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#122 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Is it worth getting Kunai splash, Kunai explo and swirling petal at the same time? Currently doing ctrl attack and kunai splashing at TI. I have 100str 90agi 50dex. Currently i dont have swirling petals -.-

Edited by digz, 13 February 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#123 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Kunai Explosion and Swirling petals have HUGE advantages over Kunai Splash... first being that both do WAY more damage... second being that with Swirling petals all you need to carry is a huuma... to cast Kunai Splash 100 times you need to carry 800 kunai which are stupidly heavy and you need to switch element types as monster elements change... with a neutral element Huuma you can still hurt shadow and holy monsters for 100% damage... pop on a converter for elemental damage... and the range for a huuma is far better than the range for Kunai splash... IMO Kunai Splash is a skill for emergency use only... its too costly both in terms of items and weight to be a decent leveling skill especially for the lower damage output

#124 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

i can't see the harm of having all of those three skills, since they seemed to have different applications for different situations

though, i think having splash might be fun since i havent got it myself. question though, can i chain cross slash -> kunai splash -> swirling petal and maybe some more kunai explosion or throw huuma? since i think kunai splash is spammable...

#125 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

totally doable... cross slash is a great opener for a chain since it has absolutely no aftercast delay... i tend to xslash> swirling petals> KE> Xslash alot...you can also start the chain with shadow slash.... if you have KS you can really get a nice chain... Ninja Aura> Mirrior image> ninja aura> shadow slash> xslash> Swirling Petals> Pure Soul> KS> KE.... the timing is a bit tricky but if you have your hotkeys set up right and practice the chain it gets alot easier...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users