Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

I would say the same.

Btw, don't forget to add "type monster shoes" if you are looking for experience... those give you extra experience by killing their type of monster.

#27 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

OP said he will not play with dollars... read the main post. to those +12 whatever and whoever showing off just GTFO...

my advice: use the mora's warlock set to increase elemental spell damage. until you can afford +9HBP/+9COD/high upgraded weapon.

#28 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

OP said he will not play with dollars... read the main post. to those +12 whatever and whoever showing off just GTFO...

my advice: use the mora's warlock set to increase elemental spell damage. until you can afford +9HBP/+9COD/high upgraded weapon.

Since when do you need dollars?

You can always buy wpe with zeny and it doesn't take that much to make one...

You sure have a narrow mind and quite naive I must say.

Mora set is ok, but way too limited... it will limit your potential in quite a lot... that's not good for a warlock imo.

Then again, everyone have their own thoughts about it... I believe, all around set is your best bet =)

#29 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

poor warlocks..They get screwed at mora too..unless i am gravely wrong, Warlock has 4 types of mora gears & they can't choose which one they want..they get it randomly..:(..

Well... sometimes I get bored of the game, hence I do upgrade whatever I have available... Backpack was "one" of them...

You can also try to upgrade my equipments if all of your equips are overupgraded & if u have nothing left.. :p_laugh: :rice:
I'll Worship ya for the rest of my RO life.. :p_love:

#30 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

poor warlocks..They get screwed at mora too..unless i am gravely wrong, Warlock has 4 types of mora gears & they can't choose which one they want..they get it randomly.. :(..

You can also try to upgrade my equipments if all of your equips are overupgraded & if u have nothing left.. :p_laugh: :rice:
I'll Worship ya for the rest of my RO life.. :p_love:

Lol... yah, people usually ask me to upgrade their stuff. I usually do when I'm bored and feel like spending wpe on upgrading lol.

About gears... it all comes to your +upgrade on the staff imo. The more over upgrade, the better... more +matk and more damage for 2 hand staffs that at the end, it will matter towards 1 shot or 2 shot your targets.

#31 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Lol... yah, people usually ask me to upgrade their stuff. I usually do when I'm bored and feel like spending wpe on upgrading lol.

About gears... it all comes to your +upgrade on the staff imo. The more over upgrade, the better... more +matk and more damage for 2 hand staffs that at the end, it will matter towards 1 shot or 2 shot your targets.

UNLESS its a variant..:D
like OP, i don't use WPE as i am still a student. I usually upgrade my equips to +4 or +5 or whatever the safety level is..
If you ever have any excess enrich orids or elus, pls do contact me.. :p_love: :p_love: :)

I wonder if anyone bought this : http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a43K0WO

#32 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

UNLESS its a variant.. :D
like OP, i don't use WPE as i am still a student. I usually upgrade my equips to +4 or +5 or whatever the safety level is..
If you ever have any excess enrich orids or elus, pls do contact me.. :p_love: :p_love: :)

I wonder if anyone bought this : http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a43K0WO

I see... well, everyone is different I think... but it is possible to to obtain WPE thru zeny, hence the term "pay 2 win" is not even close to reality since it is possible to obtain KP from in-game resources.

lol, for me to upgrade your stuff, u first have to be in our guild lol... so you are welcome to join us xD

Also, as I mentioned before, Mora set are not that good since they limit the ability of warlocks, spell-wise that is... but it unlocks new possibilities and I'm not referring to PvM/MvP situations only...

#33 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

I would say the same.

Btw, don't forget to add "type monster shoes" if you are looking for experience... those give you extra experience by killing their type of monster.

I don't suggest that. You're squishy enough as a wizard, you don't need another 20% damage coming in for a measly 10% exp bonus. Sure, an experienced player might be able to stay alive and switch in time, but overall I don't think it's a worthwhile risk.

Both the HP and SP sides of variants will help you stay alive better.

Typically the route of gear you want to aim for goes in this order:
staff + suitable matk hat
variants (30m+)
backpack (400m+)
mid/lower headgear (not a huge effect)
enchanting your weapon (possibly expensive and a minor benefit)
rwc accessories (500m+)
bryn (billion-zeny range)

Edited by Rirezz, 08 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#34 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't suggest that. You're squishy enough as a wizard, you don't need another 20% damage coming in for a measly 10% exp bonus. Sure, an experienced player might be able to stay alive and switch in time, but overall I don't think it's a worthwhile risk.

Both the HP and SP sides of variants will help you stay alive better.

Typically the route of gear you want to aim for goes in this order:
staff + suitable matk hat
variants (30m+)
backpack (400m+)
mid/lower headgear (not a huge effect)
enchanting your weapon (possibly expensive and a minor benefit)
rwc accessories (500m+)
bryn (billion-zeny range)

That's where you experience will kick in...

I did mention about the experience shoes... but I never mentioned for you to actually default it did I? there's something called "Switching" in where you can switch as soon or before you kill the target to get the experience and then go back to whatever you were using...

As warlock, you should know or get use to switch gears... a lot... As for myself, I do have to switch between 10 gears during woe... it is hard, but that's where you need to apply your experience.

Back when renewal was launched, most of us hit 150 w/o any help of TI's and such... it was all grinding and even with experience/spawn events, it was all up to you... I speak for myself when I say that I was solo'n my way to 150... not because I didn't want to party nor have people to party with, but I thought that by soloing, I will get more experience as player than depending on someone else to do the killing or the healing... for me, that was quite useful.

And yes, as I mentioned before, Mage classes as general, are quite gear-dependent... most monsters have high MDEF so it makes it hard to kill... but the challenge is quite fun... don;t you guys think?

#35 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

^

I just don't think it's worth the risk and money.

If you like it, sure, have it your way.

Edited by Rirezz, 08 April 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#36 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

^

I just don't think it's worth the risk and money.

If you like it, sure, have it your way.

I think is more based on your luck as well...

I've seen people complaining about upgrade rates when I made +10's every now and then with just 1 HD Ore and w/o safe certs... so yah, it's mainly based on your very own luck.

Other way may be joining guilds with somehow middle/high tier that can lend you gear for your leveling? Most people in our guild share their stuff when they need to level.

But yah, overall, you need money to get good gears... when skills and gears get together, there are more possibilities...

#37 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Or if you are totally broke, I would suggest just using Eden Gears III until you are ready both zeny and skill wise.
I did this with my imoWiz with only eden gears and Im lucky to have some z to buy some exquisite stuff back in Ygg, but that was long time ago. If you content with the Eden Gears III, I would suggest your skill to revolve around releasing too. Buy a lot of spell books in Geffen n experience with them and see which fits for usefulness, and your "content" dmg.
With the eden gears, I wouldnt want to say that u stuck with TI leveling parties, but you can also try other maps. Rachel sanctuary provide the extra fun u need plus skills since the mobs is slow and you can stack them n kill them, although slowly, but effectively, making sure your experience with them keeps increasing hehe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users