Replay problem! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Replay problem!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

So I recently got a new computer running Windows 8. Today I tried to use the replay to watch some of the replays I recorded during last WoE. However, everytime I start it, I get the windows error of the client not responding. This didn't happen to me on my previous computer, which ran Windows 7. I always run as admin and tried all of the compatibily settings, but nothing seems to work. :p_sick: Anybody know what to do to fix this? Or at least having the same problem?

#2 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Windows 8 doesn't like full screen and will make the game crash in loading screens.

I run my game in window mode with compatibility setting Vista (haven't tested others to see which is best much, just know the lower ones don't like it), and the replay works fine.

Win8 sucks for RO. :(

#3 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I never play in full screen mode ever. x_X

I did notice that if I have one client open to the actual game, and then open the replay watcher that it works. I don't get ti though x_x

#4 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

bump, I am suddenly having this problem too :'(. just yesterday replay was working fine for me, recorded replays with fraps, made a video, etc. Now it is crashing.

I uninstalled/reinstalled RO numerous times. the actual RO client is working fine, it's just the replay client that won't let me get past the "Do you agree?" window - once pressed it it crashes immediately.

I tried the method you noted of opening replay while having one client open, but it is not working for me.

running windows 7

I know of other people who are having this same problem!! It only started for me today after I patched after maintenance

Edited by lumnia223, 26 February 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#5 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:~

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

bump here

anyone else getting a 'maestro' sprite error when trying to load replay files?

http://i.imgur.com/Nxi7Kl7.jpg

I tried repatching but that didn't work =/ it just crashes my replay client. All my old replays work just fine except for the one I recorded today after maintenance.

P.S. before anyone suggests reinstall, I sent the rrf file to a few people and they had similar problems (maestro sprite missing) so  I'm asking here if anyone else has run into similar problems.

bump, I am suddenly having this problem too :'(. just yesterday replay was working fine for me, recorded replays with fraps, made a video, etc. Now it is crashing.

I uninstalled/reinstalled RO numerous times. the actual RO client is working fine, it's just the replay client that won't let me get past the "Do you agree?" window - once pressed it it crashes immediately.

I tried the method you noted of opening replay while having one client open, but it is not working for me.

running windows 7

I know of other people who are having this same problem!! It only started for me today after I patched after maintenance

Have you tried compatibility mode for win7? I had the same problem earlier and that solved it for me.

#6 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Have you tried compatibility mode for win7? I had the same problem earlier and that solved it for me.

thank you soooo much fuzz, that fixed it!!

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Problem identified, it has to do with some recent work we did, solution will either go out today or tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users