Installing on a drive other then C - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Installing on a drive other then C

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 CiaoCiao

CiaoCiao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

How can I install dragon saga on a drive thats not the C drive? My 30 gig SSD C: drive cant hold much more and 2 gigs is a lot of space to be wasting for a game. My secondary 1TB drive is drive B: anyone got a solution?

#2 Darel

Darel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

This was posted already.

The problem you're encountering is due to insufficient HDD space. Essentially, you need to have enough space to install the client as well as enough space for the installer to extract the data temporarily then add it to the directory you have specified for the client installation. Try freeing up some more space and then run the client again.

As he says, it's only temporary files. It won't consume any of your C Drive, but still he needs the free space.

Edited by Darel, 15 October 2010 - 07:19 AM.

#3 CiaoCiao

CiaoCiao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:21 AM

This was posted already.

Maybe you should read more carefully, I dont want this on C: its a solid state drive and space and write cycles are precious resources, I want it on my mechanical drive. Normally i can choose the path to install something ie: B:/Users/ProgramFiles/GAME.exe. My OS is on C: and my storage, programs and user accounts are on B:

#4 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

Maybe you should read more carefully, I dont want this on C: its a solid state drive and space and write cycles are precious resources, I want it on my mechanical drive. Normally i can choose the path to install something ie: B:/Users/ProgramFiles/GAME.exe. My OS is on C: and my storage, programs and user accounts are on B:

This was already resolved in the other thread Darel is referencing to. Just click advanced instead.

#5 CiaoCiao

CiaoCiao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

This was already resolved in the other thread Darel is referencing to. Just click advanced instead.

Thanks got it now. Must have missed when it gave me advanced options.

#6 Athos

Athos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

How can I install dragon saga on a drive thats not the C drive? My 30 gig SSD C: drive cant hold much more and 2 gigs is a lot of space to be wasting for a game. My secondary 1TB drive is drive B: anyone got a solution?

Greetings,

When you run the installer, there will be a button that says "advanced". Press that button and it will give you the options to change the drive and directory for installation.

If you have any other questions or issues, feel free to let us know!

Athos
Warp Portal Productions Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users