Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

This is it ROSE kiddies! We're planning to implement Draconis Peaks on the 26th (tomorrow)!

Maintenance will begin at 2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) Tuesday, February 26, 2013.

Along with this update, we have several other changes going in to effect as well. Some you may like, some you may shake your first at us for.

So, here's some of the details coming tomorrow.

Game and Feature Changes!
We understand that being able to do only one dungeon through the Game Arena is kind of the pits. Not only that, but being able to go only once a day means you could out level a dungeon and the items inside might not be so great anymore. So what we decided to do was make a change to how frequent basic accounts can access Game Arena Dungeons. We are implementing a one hour, persistent, cool down, between being able to access Game Arena selections.

Now what this means is that once you leave a Game Arena mode, you will need to wait one hour's time before you can queue for another. This applies to both the PvP and PvM Game Arena modes, however the timers are independent to one another. So you have to wait an hour between PvP matches and PvM (Dungeons). Please note, that this only applies to basic accounts. Premium Accounts will not have this cool down timer restriction and will be able to freely queue for any Game Arena selection.

Special note: If you quit/leave before a match or dungeon is completed, your timer will begin! So make sure you stay to the very end! Disconnections allow you to respawn in the map, so that's not an excuse!

Premium Account Status
As you've all been aware, there has been discussions regarding how to improve the Premium Accounts to help make it more valuable. Part of this was mentioned before, Draconis Peaks will be given an early access for Premium Accounts. This means, if you have a Premium Account, you will be able to queue for Draconis Peaks once its implemented tomorrow.

Cheesy announcer guy voice: But wait, there's more!

The Daily Gift Box.
We've heard a good amount of feedback, hate and griping about how some items are not very useful or even exciting to get. So, we've finally gotten around to modifying the contents. You now have the ability to receive, once a day, one of the following items listed below from the Daily Gift Box for Premium Accounts.
  • Jewel Chest (1 ~ 5)
  • Box of Chemicals
  • Box of Catalysts
  • x2 EXP Medal
  • x2 Drop Medal
  • HP&MP Booster (Party)
  • Defense Booster (Party)
  • Speed Booster (Party)
  • Critical Booster (Party)
  • Agility Booster (Party)
  • Damage Booster (Party)
  • Life Insurance
  • ROSE Teleportation Ticket
  • Soul Crystal
  • Re-Roll Hammer
  • Premium Coin (25 Premium Points)
  • Lucky Spin Coin
  • Nepturune
  • Arua's Blessing
  • Gold Bar
  • Plain White T
Cheesy announcer guy voice: But wait, there's still more!

An additional value to Premium Account status will be that dungeons will now be yielding experience for you. You read correct! Now you can farm for items and experience by going through the Game Arena Dungeons, if you are a Premium Account user.

And of course, Draconis Peaks will be added. We look forward to creating more content both for PvP and PvM over the course of the year as we continue forward with developing new game features for everyone to enjoy and look forward to the completion of the next project already underway.

With these enhancements and the new Draconis Peaks Game Arena mode, now's a great time to purchase a Premium Account subscription!

#2 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

So after you complete a Game Arena, you have to wait an hour to compete in another one if you're a non-premium user?

#3 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

So after you complete a Game Arena, you have to wait an hour to compete in another one if you're a non-premium user?

Of the same kind, yes. So if you go in to a dungeon, when you come out, you will have to wait an hour before you can queue for another one. Nicer than only once a day for dungeons, don't you think? :) A unique timer will exist for both the PvP and PvM modes.

#4 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

1 hour for pvp is separate from the 1 hour for pvm

#5 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for clearing that up. Thought it was only if you disconnected/left in the middle of it.

#6 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Wait so I can't do the 3 different dungeons in a row?

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Once you complete a dungeon, you will have to wait for 1 hour before being able to queue up for another dungeon. However, when you are able to queue up for another dungeon, you may choose to queue up for a dungeon you have previously played (attempt limits have been removed from dungeons).

#8 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Special note: If you quit/leave before a match or dungeon is completed, your timer will begin! So make sure you stay to the very end! Disconnections allow you to respawn in the map, so that's not an excuse!

I hope the respawn feature will not bring additional bugs on GA as a whole esp. Crystal Defenders. I don't want a 3-cleric team as an opponent. :|

#9 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

The 1 hour cool down is account based or character based?

#10 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

The 1 hour cool down is account based or character based?

The waiting period is on a per character basis, and will continue to countdown while logged off the account or while logged in on another character, so you continue to play on other characters while waiting for the next dungeon or PvP game on another character.

Edited by Genesis, 25 February 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#11 AkahRed

AkahRed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around the Pacific

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

The waiting period is on a per character basis, and will continue to countdown while logged off the account or while logged in on another character, so you continue to play on other characters while waiting for the next dungeon or PvP game on another character.

Another reason to create multiple characters :p_smile: XD

Can you add like a fee to enter the dungeons? LOL a way to drain some of the zullies in game <i just read that from another topic>. Seriously, the prices of stuff in the market is sooooooooooooooo high.

#12 MFBMR23

MFBMR23

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

well. i have a question tho. what if crashed ? will we still stick in the game arena we were in?

#13 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

The rules for network disconnects/crashing/logging out remain the same - network disconnects (typically) allow you back into the same game without penalities, whereas all other cases will kick you out of the game and start the waiting period.

#14 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

The time limit between dungeons seems fine since you can enter the same on multiple times a day, but the pvp one is kind of inconvenient. Since these modes need a population to activate, limiting the time between them limits them for everyone, even premium users. Now especially, since there are going to be two modes, they are going to compete with eachother. Crystal Defenders will die out for a while. Not only because Draconis Peaks is new, but if both modes are on the same timer everyone is just going flock to the one everyone else is playing.

#15 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

At least apply the cooldowns to PVM instances only. In Draconis, at certain time range, it is hard enough as it is right now to get enough players to start a Crystal Defenders game, what more of with a cooldown. Please reconsider.

Edited by claw68, 25 February 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#16 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Class balance for game arena and balance the numbers of the group is all we need! not like 5vs10 or 3 clerics in a group....we dont have the problem about the time.as long as were enjoying the game.

#17 zenheartbeats

zenheartbeats

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I own a premium account and let me tell 'ya, I'm shaking my fist pretty hard at timers being placed on PvP instances for non-premium users.

So basically I'll now be paying premium so that I can do the one thing I like most about this game even less--

This is not making my premium status more worthwhile!

But yay for Draconis Peaks and sweet sweet updates!

#18 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Class balance for game arena and balance the numbers of the group is all we need! not like 5vs10 or 3 clerics in a group....we dont have the problem about the time.as long as were enjoying the game.

If we overly balance Crystal Defenders base on the class e.g. a scout for this team and should have another scout for the opposite team, it will take forever to start a CD instance. And for the "balance the numbers of the group" part, it is already optimized and the results are obvious and working. It's just that, sometimes, nobody is queuing.

Edited by claw68, 25 February 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#19 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I can understand why the waiting time would be applied to dungeons, but why Crystal Defenders?

#20 MFBMR23

MFBMR23

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

yes all we need is balanced jobs in groups not like 4 ba in a group or 4 mage or 4 scout in a group, we dont need a cooldown for crystal defender, its just making things worst for non-premium user and even premium user will have hard time to queue crystal defender because it will take forever for crystal defender to start, we do need cooldown timer for dungeon because once per day is pretty lame, but not for crystal defender, i wish you guys can reconsider this

#21 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Guys, you all know that a group of players can queue right? -.-

4BAs can actually form a group, queue in Crystal Defenders and poof! Unlimited sleep time. You can't do anything about it. Not unless you want to remove the "queue as group" feature.

#22 Lewana

Lewana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

This feels like an odd question, but what exactly is a premium account and how do you acquire one? Is it if you buy things from the IM?

#23 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Here you go dear :) http://www.playroseo...de/premium.aspx

#24 Lewana

Lewana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Thank you! :D

Haven't snooped around enough yet on the main website, will have to do that someday! ^_^

Edited by Lewana, 25 February 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#25 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

If we overly balance Crystal Defenders base on the class e.g. a scout for this team and should have another scout for the opposite team, it will take forever to start a CD instance. And for the "balance the numbers of the group" part, it is already optimized and the results are obvious and working. It's just that, sometimes, nobody is queuing.

how come it will take forever?the other group got 3 mages and the other group got no mage?there is a lot of player playing CD i dont think so it will take forever.and yes its 10vs10 but how come the game is starting and ending with 10vs5? hahahaha i dont know how you enjoy the game arena in that way :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users