Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#26 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

The cooldown timer on PvP games sucks :l remove it.

#27 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

how come it will take forever?the other group got 3 mages and the other group got no mage?there is a lot of player playing CD i dont think so it will take forever.and yes its 10vs10 but how come the game is starting and ending with 10vs5? hahahaha i dont know how you enjoy the game arena in that way :D

Guys, you all know that a group of players can queue right? -.-

4BAs can actually form a group, queue in Crystal Defenders and poof! Unlimited sleep time. You can't do anything about it. Not unless you want to remove the "queue as group" feature.

Edited by claw68, 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#28 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

4BAs can actually form a group, queue in Crystal Defenders and poof! Unlimited sleep time. You can't do anything about it. Not unless you want to remove the "queue as group" feature.

that's the reason why that GM's have to do something about it..coz it was not fair..if its always happen and the game would be in that way..who will be the one will enjoy it?and would continue on playing in that way?

#29 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

*sigh*

JUMP! HAHAHAH :D

#30 100000149261543

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

ROFL
This 1 hour timer SUCKS
There is nothing much to do except doin Crystal Defenders and you will make non premium users to wait 1 hour so they can join again. This is really annoying. Now you have to pay to play.
Starting to look like paid game... or like the Union War ,1 hour between it zzz

Edited by 100000149261543, 26 February 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#31 mrk0213

mrk0213

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

you can just put prem user as a prior in queing, cool down sucks when there are only few players playing cd :p_laugh:

#32 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Cooldown for a pvp instance is a terrible idea though. You don't have an infinite number of clerics and they don't play 24-7. You're putting too many requirements on a game. Ahaha. People are going to get annoyed waiting, this is going to be like when CD started way back when all over again. How big do you think your player base is and do you realize we all have different time zones? Anyone want to wait until 6pm my time, we could arrange a game. Lol.

Not to mention doing that to premium is going to FURTHER screw up the economy. Honor gear is already way too expensive---sorry new players you don't get to gear up anytime soon.

Edit: Everything else for the premium account seems like a good idea--The PVP cooldown is just stupid.

Edited by NamirBarades, 26 February 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#33 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Really GG, I was quitting tomorrow already but this haha well sorry but imo you guys are screwing up the game even more than it was..
And I'm not the only one who said that.

Altough all the new itemmall stuff if cool, but spending your time on demolish people their builds, gameplay, techniques, etc is not fun however free stat & skill reset isn't going to fix anything. I mean c'mon no stuns on raiders.. I tought somewhere on www.playroseonline.com it stated that raiders are there to do high critical damage, and as I'm correct a critical hit will make a player do a certain animation which will delay the user to move to somewhere. so you could see the critical hits as stuns..

But yeah I can keep going on like this for hours, but yet I'm going to quit the game and play another game until the skill have been 'Rebalanced' in the way 90% of the community agrees with

#34 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

bring back old UW

#35 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Can't wait to see Draconis Peaks. Premium is actually worthwhile for me to get again. The 1 hour timer actually gives more chances for Dungeons and as far as the PVP maps, we will have to see. The Devs are ok with changes if given enough valid reasons. If the PVP maps are not going often enough all we have to do is explain to them what is going on and they might change it. Best to just try it out.

#36 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Um when it's evening for me CD sometimes takes 2+ hours to start. I don't see how this 1 hour waiting time will help anyone.

#37 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

1 hour queue for PvP GA is funny.

Basically:
1. You queued/confirmed for 3 hours.
2. Had AFKs in your team.
3. Aside from your team is outnumbered or in terms of active players and participants, you have a sucky team due to badly balanced game.
4. You lost the game but you lost nothing.
5. Wait for 1 hour cooldown.
6. Queue for another 3 hours.
7. Quit ROSE.
8. ???
9. No profit.

If we overly balance Crystal Defenders base on the class e.g. a scout for this team and should have another scout for the opposite team, it will take forever to start a CD instance. And for the "balance the numbers of the group" part, it is already optimized and the results are obvious and working. It's just that, sometimes, nobody is queuing.

Balancing is not just about "if one has this, other must have this" No. Balancing is like if a team has scout, the other queuing scout will be on the enemy team, and not stacking into just one team.

They can categorize balancing like "if attacking team has scout, a queuing battle artisan will be on the defender's team" which is range class-based.

We don't always look at how class balancing is like when cleric is being balanced (which mandates both team to have clerics).

Group queuing is buggy. It usually is the cause of queue stuck. Basically it happens when a team is missing something and it is from a group.

For example, a team with 8 champs need one cleric. And a cleric that can be added into the team is in a group of 2 more champs. It will be like 10 champs and 1 cleric in one team that will stuck queuing and the game will never start unless the queuing group disbands.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#38 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'm a TL;DR person myself and I wont comment anything about this specific topic after this. Not unless really needed.

The way I understand it, the system was utilizing a class balancing feature. It was balancing the teams similar to the way you are describe it. But the problem was, due to variety of players queuing and so as the composition of group that queued, It makes the GA stuck all day.

That is why, what I'm really saying is, be happy that the algorithm was changed and Game Arena is playable as it is right now. Even if it is not as "balanced" as what you guys want, at least it is running.

when will you be satisfied?

Edited: [mod]Removed the comment from just before, "when will be you be satisfied?"
Rather than have this Topic turn into a Flame fest about peoples IQ's[/mod]

Edited by Naughty, 26 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#39 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think we should wait how the patch will change ROSE gameplay and complain AFTER it not even flooding before - maybe their ideas are good maybe not we will see.

I like the daily gift boxes change - makes it a bit more worth buying premium!

will this patch also include the skillchanges from pegasus?

#40 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

i continued playing rose online because of UW... you removed it and replaced it with CD ( i still liked UW better) now you guys are screwing it all up again with the 1 hour cooldown on CD ( this can be OK if the population of rose pvpers or CD players are MANY)

as for Pvm 1 hour cooldown is okay~

if you implement the 1 hour cooldown why not make it 4 hours just like UW

#41 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

at the end of the day i understand the reasons for this all to improve premium and thats great but the cooldown is just silly and dont see any reason for this (for crystal defenders anyway)
me along with about 10-15 other clerics are the only active clerics i feel on leonis and if we arent online and in the que it just wont go. these is just making it even harder for a game to start, if for example you regularly had 100 players in the que then thats fair enough but through the day (my time) the games manage to keep going but later on in the day alot of the time we are all waiting hours. the timer will just destroy it even more. maybe the staff who suggested this timer doesnt realise the amount of inactivity already for crystal defenders at certain times. rarely do i ever see 2 games active anymore. and thats only 40 players MAX out of the whole game

#42 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

i actuly dont care abaut CD or UW becose am not a pvp man,but like it the new content anyway btw will there be any new costumes out also ? in lucky spin and so on ?

#43 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

The Daily Gift Box.
We've heard a good amount of feedback, hate and griping about how some items are not very useful or even exciting to get. So, we've finally gotten around to modifying the contents. You now have the ability to receive, once a day, one of the following items listed below from the Daily Gift Box for Premium Accounts.

• Jewel Chest (1 ~ 5)
  • Box of Chemicals
  • Box of Catalysts
  • x2 EXP Medal
  • x2 Drop Medal
  • HP&MP Booster (Party)
  • Defense Booster (Party)
  • Speed Booster (Party)
  • Critical Booster (Party)
  • Agility Booster (Party)
  • Damage Booster (Party)
  • Life Insurance
  • ROSE Teleportation Ticket
  • Soul Crystal
  • Re-Roll Hammer
  • Premium Coin (25 Premium Points)
  • Lucky Spin Coin
  • Nepturune
  • Arua's Blessing
  • Gold Bar
  • Plain White T

Leonis,

Are the items in the boxes character or account bound? Or they free and clear of all restrictions?

Also, I look forward to the new map, it looked great, you all did a great job on it from the old Clan Wars map.

#44 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Is their no plan to fix the bug related to the spawning of the npc outside the gates in Orlo in this maintenance?

#45 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Not only that, but being able to go only once a day means you could out level a dungeon and the items inside might not be so great anymore

how does that pertain to implementing cooldown to PVP GA? You think you can just make a smooth transition with words hoping people won't make this connection? Sure this change great for people who do dungeons but you're gimping people's ability to play CD whenever they want.
So with that said, you're basically forcing people to purchase premium just so that they can play CD as frequently as they used to? Think about it. The players now have to PAY MONEY to enjoy CD the same way as before that they could do for FREE. Warpportal will be losing a lot of players as a result.

#46 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Warpportal will be losing a lot of players as a result.

Im one of them D:

Edited by djilano, 26 February 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#47 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Call me blunt, but I think warpportal is just trying to milk the most money possible from its users

#48 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Can't wait to see Draconis Peaks. Premium is actually worthwhile for me to get again. The 1 hour timer actually gives more chances for Dungeons and as far as the PVP maps, we will have to see. The Devs are ok with changes if given enough valid reasons. If the PVP maps are not going often enough all we have to do is explain to them what is going on and they might change it. Best to just try it out.

As you've said, Bendersmom, we are ok with changes. That is the nature of the beast with development. If it turns out a change is not successful or causes more harm than good, change will follow.

The 1 hour timer, was to increase the accessibility to the dungeons. However, we also took it as an opportunity to bottleneck the PvP as well. I know you all hate to hear this, but even being a free to play game, efforts will always be needed to keeping some sort of value to paying at some point or another. Up until now, PvP has been totally open. We haven't removed your ability to participate in PvP, this is only going to reduce the frequency and convenience of how soon you can get in to it. There are going to be items we will be offering that will remove the timers from the Game Arena modes, so you may immediately re-queue, if you so choose to, but this is going to be a paying service. Premium users will now have the advantage of not needing to be concerned with the timers, in addition to the existing benefits.

This is still a free to play game. Many of the game's features are still accessible. We are still continuing to work on new content and features that will help add to game play and allow players to have more and more to do, as time goes on.

I think we should wait how the patch will change ROSE gameplay and complain AFTER it not even flooding before - maybe their ideas are good maybe not we will see.

I like the daily gift boxes change - makes it a bit more worth buying premium!

will this patch also include the skillchanges from pegasus?

Pegasus skill changes will not be in this patch. That is intended to be around Summer's beginning. From here on till then, we will be working on the skill updates, balances and testing on Pegasus once we have things ready for testing. Then we will begin the balancing, that is expected to take up more time than the actual development time to implement the new mechanics.

i actuly dont care abaut CD or UW becose am not a pvp man,but like it the new content anyway btw will there be any new costumes out also ? in lucky spin and so on ?

New costumes are next week, for the new month. :)

Leonis,

Are the items in the boxes character or account bound? Or they free and clear of all restrictions?

Also, I look forward to the new map, it looked great, you all did a great job on it from the old Clan Wars map.

The items are however they are upon purchase through the Item Mall or obtained otherwise. The only true unique items would be the x2 Exp & Drop items, which are still character bound.

Is their no plan to fix the bug related to the spawning of the npc outside the gates in Orlo in this maintenance?

This bug has been addressed several times, why it keeps occurring I do not know and it will have to be looked at again to see why it is happening still. If a fix can be found before maintenance, it will be implemented, otherwise look for it in a future patch note.

#49 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

There are going to be items we will be offering that will remove the timers from the Game Arena modes

Isn't this just a sugar coated expression for "GIVE ME MORE MONEY" ?

#50 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

The GA timer is a joke.
either remove it or give specific times for ga to happen with an unlimited ammount of participans, basicly bring uw back.

for being a free to play server u need to spend a load of money to enjoy.

Edited by Graziano, 26 February 2013 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users