Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Draconis Peaks - Server Maintenance - February 26, 2013 @2:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#51 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

The GA timer is a joke.
either remove it or give specific times for ga to happen with an unlimited ammount of participans, basicly bring uw back.

for being a free to play server u need to spend a load of money to enjoy.

+1

#52 Lewana

Lewana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

What is it that people get with the money that they enjoy so much? I personally don't pay anything and it's just as fun. I play with friends, or people I meet and get to know, enjoying what is available to me. Sure, if you want to be the best at everything and win every single game you play you need to pay, but is that really all you can do with this game? So what if you can only enjoy it once an hour, then make sure to make the best of it when you do play it. In general, it's better to look at it from a positive point of view, than to assume that they're just trying to suck out your money with a vacuum cleaner.

A game is for fun and to enjoy with friends, so just make sure to do that :)

#53 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

youre only speaking from one point of view (as a casual)

#54 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

LOL GG ROSE Online.

#55 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I understand that you think because of this timer restriction you have to pay. But you don't. However, if you want to partake in it more than once an hour, that's the allowances of being a basic free to play account. We're not forcing you to pay. You may feel like we are, but there's a difference in saying you have to pay in order to play the Game Arena than you can only play once every so often between matches.

#56 100000149261543

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

OMG
Just forget it. Let them change it how they wanted to be and lets see what will happen...

Edited by 100000149261543, 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#57 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Gravity is a business and they need income to survive yeah, but Rose really doesn't offer enough anymore to warrant paying a monthly fee (for me atleast). The game is ancient and we barely get updates anymore. Today when we actually do get a decent update, something we had is taken away and now we're being charged for it.

If Rose had a bigger development teams and had regular worthwhile updates, bug fixes, anything that makes the game fun, then paying a premium fee might not be such a bad idea. But honestly the Pegasus skill balance/mechanics project has been on the horizon for a year already, and no offense to Leonis since he's probably the only one working on it, but it's just too long to hold the interest of the community. There is alot of competetion out there in the modern day in terms of online multiplayer games, and Rose just isn't on their level anymore.

Edited by Phish, 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#58 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Leonis, the thing is, we LIKE being able to choose when we queue up, and how we do it. Queuing up alone takes up time, and with this upcoming patch it'll add more to the waiting time. There are many people who want to play MANY games of CD simply because they enjoy it alot. As I mentioned earlier you ARE in a way forcing people to pay money because THERES MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE USED TO PLAYING MANY GAMES A DAY, AND TO DO THE SAME NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY MONEY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I feel most things you've said thus far are worded to avoid giving a direct answer. Isn't that you're paid to do? LOL

#59 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I can't lie, I'm not the only one working on it. There have been several others that have helped make it get to where it is today. The unfortunate reasons why it has taken so long are poor excuses, but they were also out of my control. Now that much of those reasons are no longer a case to consider, its back and the only major project that now stands ahead of us until it is completed.

ROSE has been around for many years now and the task of breathing new life in to her is not just a challenge, but a love. The thread I pinned about our development plans for the year is going to help with that. The skill changes also being one of them. Each part is a piece to a larger picture and we're painting as fast as we can.

#60 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Except the addition of GA timer has nothing to do with development, but to generate more revenue.

#61 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Gravity is a business and they need income to survive yeah, but Rose really doesn't offer enough anymore to warrant paying a monthly fee (for me atleast).

Can't stress this enough. There are other games that offer so much more for a monthly fee.

#62 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's not like hundrerds of ppl playing ga every 24/7 for it being worthwhile thinking of paying for that service only for being able to play 1 or 2 more each hour thinking of the waiting time, duration of the war etc.

#63 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Is their no plan to fix the bug related to the spawning of the npc outside the gates in Orlo in this maintenance?

The fix for this issue should be going in today.

#64 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Leonis, the thing is, we LIKE being able to choose when we queue up, and how we do it. Queuing up alone takes up time, and with this upcoming patch it'll add more to the waiting time. There are many people who want to play MANY games of CD simply because they enjoy it alot. As I mentioned earlier you ARE in a way forcing people to pay money because THERES MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE USED TO PLAYING MANY GAMES A DAY, AND TO DO THE SAME NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY MONEY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I feel most things you've said thus far are worded to avoid giving a direct answer. Isn't that you're paid to do? LOL

I can read quite well without you needing to do that to get your point across.

I understand very well what you're used to. I understand we're removing that freedom of constant queuing.

But do you understand, you are the one saying we're forcing players to pay, when we are not? You don't have to pay in order to queue. We have merely put a limitation on how often you are able to queue as a basic free to play account.

Yes, if you want to play more frequently, you will need to pay. But do you need to pay in order to play it to begin with? No. This is no different than what I have been saying this whole time. Are you sure you are reading my responses?

I'm not sure how much more of a direct answer I could give.

Except the addition of GA timer has nothing to do with development, but to generate more revenue.

I can understand why you feel this way. But for players who have interest in the dungeons, and were only able to do the dungeons once a day, this is more access for them and we aren't charging them for this change.

This was a give and take decision. Obviously you are on the take side because of your amount of being upset and I am sorry to have upset you and all those who share your enjoyment over the PvP aspect of the Game Arena.

Can't stress this enough. There are other games that offer so much more for a monthly fee.

I'm not here to argue that there are likely many other games that have many different things to offer for a monthly fee. But we don't charge a monthly fee, this is a free to play game. What we offer through our premium service is a means to enhance game play for those who wish to have the benefits and pay for it.

#65 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I for one do CD a lot and not so much dungeons anymore, but I think that the CD timer isn't that bad of an idea. I mean your going to be playing the game itself for like 30 minutes so does the timer start when the game ends or begins? Cause if it's when it begins that's half the timer right there. And if your really that upset about it just make a few different characters for CD like me. This basically won't even affect me besides I have to switch over my jewels every once in a while. And also don't forget that draconis peaks will be offered soon so while waiting for CD timer, why not do draconis peaks? I assume the timers are different for both? And if not there's always dungeons or farming. I mean really it's not that big of a deal. I have to say I +1 this idea but, that's just one persons opinion. I've played several different servers over the past 7-8 years I've been playing Rose. And the GMs and amount of content on this server is far superior to other servers. I've played servers where the GMs would ban you for talking to them wrong. This amount of understanding and commitment I can respect. So thank you for your efforts GM I appreciate it. As for pegasus I have my doubts but then again I never tried it yet, so perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised xD Goodluck GM team

Edit: Players gonna play and haters gonna hate.

Edited by XxMetalFlamexX, 26 February 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#66 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

You are limiting something that used to be free is the issue with GA.

Why could you not allow the 1 hour timer for only PvE and free limits to PvP Arenas? Not enough revenue for that idea? Oh, I see.

#67 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Leo, the idea itself of the timer for the Crystal Defenders is okay, but it's going to cause trouble for the Premium users too.

As someone else already stated above, there aren't many players who play CD, first because the player base is not that big, secondly you have to consider not everyone lives in the same time zone, which basically makes the player base even smaller.

Now, considering there aren't really that many clerics who play CD, if, let's say, none of them will get Premium, the CD games are not going to start for anyone, Premium and non Premium players. That, plus the amount of non Cleric players able to participate at X time will be lower because not everyone will get Premium and\or they have already played the previous war.

If you want to pursue this idea make it a 30-45 minutes timer, and it can be dealt with, as players will have the time to do 1 CD and 1 DP and then probably be able to play CD again in a few more minutes.

On a brighter note, I hope TG becomes more active after this change.

Edited by Gojio, 26 February 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#68 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

youre entirely missing the point. Lets not nitpick on the definition of forcing players and putting too much emphasis on it, because
its so petty to do so.

what an arrogant stance you have against the veteran players on ROSE. You're basically telling us "hey, you've been enjoying this feature of the service for free, now we'll slap on some bull-_- fee! It's up to you to pay for it or not". This doesn't seem much different from some telecommunications company.

If you've observed whats going on in the game at all, you'll see queue times are long enough as it already is. Instead of improving CD by balacing classes/teams and whatnot, you're limiting us in our privilege to play? What good does that do at all when there are far more people who dont pay for premium than those who do (common sense tells me there will almost always be more players who enjoy free play than paying players)?

Edited by chuchuchubaka, 26 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#69 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Many hours will pass between CD's... and when it begins, your team will likely be riddled with AFK people.

Then you will have to wait many hours again, and run into the same problem.

Lets say there are 16 ppl with prem in queue.. guess what? You are waiting an hour or more for the rest of us. Have fun.

OH and coupled with the capture the egg game? LOL, was this really the right time to implement this?

- CD is already quite dependent on the IM as it is. All the 5% passives (just about everyone has them, let's not try to dispute this).. 2800 points for all, then the cleric's basicly HAVE to have all of the IM buffs..2000 points...

Edited by jagz, 26 February 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#70 chuchuchubaka

chuchuchubaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Is it just a coicidence that theres already several posts against the CD timer?

#71 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Right, well I just want to point out..that a lot of us don't like CD enough to pay for it. Come up with one that's worth paying for..and we'll pay for it. Other then that, youre just making an already boring game more boring. And I hope there's enough premium players on at one time to actually make the game go..because you're going to hit the same wall. I get needing premium access stuff for you to make money off the game, and I'd be happy to pass you some wonderful money making ideas. Why not put premium only costumes in the premium boxes...People would buy premium for a chance to get costumes..but all you have in there is that fugly plain white t-shirt that's been around so long that its not worth anything at all. Premium only access farming maps. Premium only access npc shops....ideas are endless.

#72 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Rose is Ancient yes, thats why the game shouldn't be nerfed anymore, The community are the ones who play the game, the ones that bring money.
When the game is going update and update and none of them are any good to the community, most of them might stop paying ? If the community
doesn't like the game anymore than they will stop paying for ROSE Online (itemmall) or stop playing the game.

if 90% says keep the skills as they are now but just tweak it a bit, and the other 10% agrees with thew new skill balance update
you should choose for the 90% and not for the 10%...

And since there are coming new MMORPG's it's easy to leave ROSE behind and try the new MMORPG's.
That's my opinion.

#73 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Actually, you know what--I thought about this. This works to my advantage. I'm going to NOT get premium. This way when people ask me to play cd when their cleric disconnects(which is about 75% of the times I CD) ,leaves, or there isn't enough of them playing at the time to start the game. I can tell them I can't play again because I already played for that hour. Finally, an update for my benefit.

#74 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

with the daily box, are the exp and drop medals 10mins or 1 hour?

#75 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

with the daily box, are the exp and drop medals 10mins or 1 hour?

They are unchanged from what was yielding from the box before. So they are still 10 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users