2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2/26 Tex Avery's Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#26 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

What...the...fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I hope you're kidding. That's incredibly INCREDIBLY stupid.

I don't care if you're trying to limit RMT, or trying to stop people from sending loot so they can stay out in the field longer... This is just pure stupid. Slap the person that came up with this idea too >.>

I sincerely hope that if you guys are dead set on doing this, that you give us an alternative to mailing. I mail loot on my low weight chars while I'm leveling/hunting all the time, and this will make me have to make a whole heck of alot more kafra trips.

If you bothered reading the entire post, you'd see that they are removing it to improve server stability, which means better response times and less lag overall. (Which is a very good thing)

#27 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Really, disabled permanent just stupid.. What's the problem? 70% of economy comes with mail system. One reason why iRO better than idRO for me is mail system. You want to ruin your server like idRO? Bring it on, now legalize botting like that server for next step or disable VIP... I don't think server lags for many mails comes.

Limit mail use like you can only access it on certain time (like woe) or VIP is better than disabled completely.

Edited by Exvee, 26 February 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#28 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:~

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

new TIs please :p_sad:

#29 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

If you bothered reading the entire post, you'd see that they are removing it to improve server stability, which means better response times and less lag overall. (Which is a very good thing)

I did read the post, and I read the one after it too where he said that the orders came from kRO. Sounds more like we're guinea pigs for a no-mail system they probably want to implement if it decreases server lag on our end. They just don't want to screw over their korean players by testing something like this on their end.

This is all presumptuous of course, until Oda gives us more details. But that's all secrets do, they breed rumors....so Oda, fill us in; why does kRO want us to have OUR mail system removed, and how will it increase the server "stability"?

Edited by Tkwan, 26 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#30 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

--Mail system being permanently disabled to improve server stability. You will still be able to pick up your existing mail but will not be able to send new ones.

NO MAIL NO RO.

Edited by JIGSAW, 26 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#31 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I wonder too. Disabling mail is a huge inconvenience for players., did this change apply to kro as well? why only here if not?

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I did read the post, and I read the one after it too where he said that the orders came from kRO. Sounds more like we're guinea pigs for a no-mail system they probably want to implement if it decreases server lag on our end. They just don't want to screw over their korean players by testing something like this on their end.

This is all presumptuous of course, until Oda gives us more details. But that's all secrets do, they breed rumors....so Oda, fill us in; why does kRO want us to have OUR mail system removed, and how will it increase the server "stability"?

kRO has had it's mail system disabled for some time and we just received the order to follow suit.

#33 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

kRO has had it's mail system disabled for some time and we just received the order to follow suit.

Well that sucks.

Are there any plans you're aware of for a future mail system to be implemented?

We want our mail! :p_swt:

Edited by Tkwan, 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#34 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

We are talking with kRO about this but we do understand that it is a major inconvenience for people like potters and guild leaders.

#35 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

that just sucks then, i was happy when RO got its mail system (granted its buggy and could have been a thousand times better) but now that its been in for so long and it is such a convenience.. it is just terrible to see it go. I really do hope a better mail system will get implemented in the future :/

#36 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#37 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

The reason is that people were using it to do harmful exploits that harmed the server in large scale ways. The removal of the mail system does more good than the alternative.

#38 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

these recent turn ins make me really love my fire armor. :lv:

huh, just saw the bit about the mail... i hope it can get an improved version soon or something, as annoying as it was it had it's uses. gonna be kind of annoying transferring my zeny around now.

Edited by Alaska, 26 February 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#39 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Then make extra storages as permanent feature. Even if it's VIP only it's fine. One of mail purpose is for lol storage slot for your alt. If there is no good thing to use as compensation then this mail disabling is not equal. At least I'm not crying about instance anymore because now the cool down and instance booking works properly without any fail...

Edited by Exvee, 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#40 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Then make extra storages as permanent feature. Even if it's VIP only it's fine. One of mail purpose is for lol storage slot for your alt. If there is no good thing to use as compensation then this mail disabling is not equal. At least I'm not crying about instance anymore because now the cool down and instance booking works properly without any fail...

The extra storages should be a VIP feature anyway.

There is no alternative to a mail system that is not a mail system.

#41 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hmm... I wonder what's next?

Multi clienting will be permanently disabled for stability improvements?

#42 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hmm... I wonder what's next?

Multi clienting will be permanently disabled for stability improvements?

don't even say that as a joke. ._.' that would be horrible.

#43 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

People still use mail?

I haven't used that since I played on Iris.

#44 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oda, can I ask ya something. Any idea why it was permanently disabled on kRO? Wouldn't be surprised if it's the reason they have us disabling it too.

Edited by Frah, 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#45 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Can you change higher TI and add another 2 bio3 instead?

#46 Gullanna

Gullanna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

is it realy "permanently disabled mail"????????????????????????????????????

#47 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Removing the mail system is really going to be a major pain for a large part of the player base.
I hope the decision can be reconsidered, especially if there won't be any major improvement in the server performance after it being disabled.

#48 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

i would like to know specific reasons about the mail too... it just seems like such a huge inconvenience to just take out on a whim, even for kRO..

#49 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

The extra storages should be a VIP feature anyway.

There is no alternative to a mail system that is not a mail system.

Well you do know how RO going, kRO still not fixed some exploits here and there so their solution is disabled that completely. At least for iRO we need something for alternative even if it's not replacing mail's role completely. Let's see what's mail role: zeny storage, alt storage, can deal something while we offline/afk. Permanent extra storage just one of many ways. We can deal items with 100m+ with mail, so upgrade vending feature also another way to go...

don't even say that as a joke. ._.' that would be horrible.

idRO did that after mail disabling with same no reason like how it's done today.. At least for iRO they can use something for alternative so we don't feel mail is gone completely. Permanent extra storage is one way I can think.

#50 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

i use mail to mail pots to my supplies, to mail supplies to my potter, to mail zeny to party members that participated in ET runs, mail items to people who purchase things via forums and i don't have time coordination with them, mail myself zeny when playing a diff character, mail myself items when overweight but far from a storage, receive mail from people for potting supplies, and zeny for items as well

......... :p_swt:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users